Talk about MLB

All MLB related things and hardball played in other countries
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Talk about the MLB

Post by ponchi101 »

Moving the ASG from Georgia? Heck, move the Braves back to Milwaukee or Boston, for (expletive)´s sake.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Sports and entertainment that could be moved hightailed it out of North Carolina when they passed that BS a few years ago. I'd be great if it happens here, it's a great warning shot for states looking to follow suit.
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

However some states won't care at all

Post by JazzNU »

Haha. Mets lost ground in this deal since just this morning.

patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Overpaid, IMO

Post by JazzNU »

Awesome! I thought it would happen when they players floated the idea, they've strengthened their union again after their battle with they owners last year.

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Talk about MLB

Post by ti-amie »

I'll be supporting MLB this year. Not in person but watching as much as I can. This is a great move.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

MLB is the only major US Sport that isn't preceded by "The". I saw a huge discussion about this on the bird site the other day.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Good move by MLB but others should join. The Hawks are playing; they should do something. The Falcons should be next.
There is no way we can expect The Masters/Augusta National to do anything, given their history. And the PGA has no balls in issues like this so we can't expect anything from golfers. But more needs to be done.

Post by JazzNU »

Maybe the Hawks, Falcons, Atlanta United FC will do something, but I wouldn't count on it. What happened in NC, for example, was that they loss special events more than anything else, they never lost Panthers or Hornets games. They lost things that have somewhat easy ability to up and leave for a different site, not ones that are tied heavily to the area. Part of why the "this will hurt Georgia" thing is a bit overblown, is that they will still have revenue from Falcons, Braves, etc. from all their homes games. They won't go under in the least. But special events? Gone. Those special events bring a lot of money, each one typically brings tens of millions. Likely more important now than ever before to have those special events, so they could use the revenue boost and they won't be getting it from the MLB.

I fully expect the Atlanta Open will go off without a hitch. I've told @Ti before that watching that tournament has been real interesting in years past.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:33 pm Maybe the Hawks, Falcons, Atlanta United FC will do something, but I wouldn't count on it. What happened in NC, for example, was that they loss special events more than anything else, they never lost Panthers or Hornets games. They lost things that have somewhat easy ability to up and leave for a different site, not ones that are tied heavily to the area. Part of why the "this will hurt Georgia" thing is a bit overblown, is that they will still have revenue from Falcons, Braves, etc. from all their homes games. They won't go under in the least. But special events? Gone. Those special events bring a lot of money, each one typically brings tens of millions. Likely more important now than ever before to have those special events, so they could use the revenue boost and they won't be getting it from the MLB.

I fully expect the Atlanta Open will go off without a hitch. I've told @Ti before that watching that tournament has been real interesting in years past.
Isn't that the Isner Open?

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:00 am
Isn't that the Isner Open?
Totally.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The folks who think what MLB just did is somehow wrong should look at the reaction from some quarters of the political universe.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Nah. Keep it in the south. Someplace nearby. If you host it in a Yankee state, the message is not the same.