Sports Random, Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
Deuce Canada

Re: Sports Random, Random

Post by Deuce »

They shouldn't give assholes like McGregor any publicity for any reason. He's an embarrassment to the human species.

This is Gold... (I have no idea if people outside of Canada can watch this - if not, you're missing something quite amusing...)

Top 10 Worst First Pitches

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Jordan deserves extra shame as a former "professional" baseball player ;)

Not sure I would've included Snoop... his pitch was probably as high as he was.

Love the reaction of the person catching Mallory's pitch.

Carl Lewis must have the record for the most dubious top ten lists made.

Carly Rae was the one I was guessing would be number one...but I'd never seen #1 before.
:steven:
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jordan should be ashamed of himself.

Snoop was better than I thought he would be. Maybe it was early so he'd only had one?

And the #1 worst deserved that ranking.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

If Snoop had only had one it must have been a noon game.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ptmcmahon wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:23 pm If Snoop had only had one it must have been a noon game.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Speaking of Snoop and random, he is giving "the call" this weekend to start the IndyCar race in Long Beach

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Fastbackss wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm Speaking of Snoop and random, he is giving "the call" this weekend to start the IndyCar race in Long Beach
What time does the race start? :D
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Green flag is 330 eastern. TV coverage starts at 3 eastern. So sometime between then which is early on the west coast
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

It would have to be the green flag too.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Fastbackss wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm Speaking of Snoop and random, he is giving "the call" this weekend to start the IndyCar race in Long Beach
Not so random. IndyCar trying to see their way to social media relevancy (which can turn into actual ratings) with that move. Snoop was a big hit, and by big I mean massive, when he did boxing commentary last year.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Snoop deserves applause for what he's done with his career. Not many would've been brave enough to make the moves he's made, from teaming with Martha Stewart to doing sports commentary.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Amazing to think how far he's come from his Doggy Style days. I bet many don't even remember that he was on trial for first degree murder back in the day (and at least partly wasn't convicted due to police incompetence.)
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:04 pm Amazing to think how far he's come from his Doggy Style days. I bet many don't even remember that he was on trial for first degree murder back in the day (and at least partly wasn't convicted due to police incompetence.)
Charged with murder, promoting drug use at every opportunity, etc... Indeed - a truly wonderful role model for kids.

That he and people like Connor McGregor are held up as as 'heros' speaks to the low standards of society.

Sigh...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

At least Snoop seems to have reformed mostly... not that that forgives the past of course. But he does a lot of charity work now, mainly with youth football for "at risk" kids, and does donate lots of food to the hungry. He even led a "peaceful march" after several police shootings (ie the police being the ones shot) in a complete 180. So he's definitely at least turned it around. I believe now the only drug he is really promoting is marijuana and these days, debatable how "bad" that is. It certainly was a big reason he mellowed.

But Conor is all about Conor. I really hope no one even remotely considers him a hero. I love watching him lately in MMA, as he is losing more often than winning the rare times he does fight.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:21 am At least Snoop seems to have reformed mostly... not that that forgives the past of course. But he does a lot of charity work now, mainly with youth football for "at risk" kids, and does donate lots of food to the hungry. He even led a "peaceful march" after several police shootings (ie the police being the ones shot) in a complete 180. So he's definitely at least turned it around. I believe now the only drug he is really promoting is marijuana and these days, debatable how "bad" that is. It certainly was a big reason he mellowed.
I think any perceived 'reforming' he may have done was likely at the suggestion of his P.R. people.
He was also a pimp - and still promotes/glorifies that lifestyle. Having worked with prostituted women and girls, I will say here that there is absolutely nothing positive about pimps.
As for the marijuana... when you have a 'cool' celebrity promoting it and claiming that it's 'cool' to use it, it will very obviously influence kids to use it. And that's not a good thing. At best, it's extremely irresponsible.

I've worked with people who've been consumed by drug problems - crack, crystal meth, heroin, now fentanyl, etc... and in 90% of the cases, their drug use began in adolescence with marijuana. It's about creating the mentality that it's better to avoid uncomfortable feelings than to address and remedy them.
So... harmless? No, not at all.
R.I.P. Amal...