Site Admin

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ponchi101 »

Well, guess it wasn't Belichick...
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

I don't remember who, but someone on here listens to the LeBatard show. And so this comment is for them more than others, but Gronk in the post season, but especially the Super Bowl versus how le looked at the beginning when he could barely move? I say with my best Stugotz voice that "someone might want to look into that."

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:08 am Well, guess it wasn't Belichick...
What I said still stands for me, they are running the Patriots offense. Todd Bowles will hopefully get a lot of credit for what the defense brought to the table all season and in this Super Bowl, not enough has been said of it.

But let's not pretend there aren't outside forces affecting what we're seeing today. It's unfortunate, this should be more competitive and maybe it will get there. But it's also not surprising that it isn't to this point. It is what it is.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Do the Chiefs have an offensive line? This is embarrassing.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:52 am Do the Chiefs have an offensive line? This is embarrassing.
^ He's currently occupied with more important matters...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... 96055.html

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/27/chief ... ront-lines

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:52 am Do the Chiefs have an offensive line? This is embarrassing.
I picked the Bucs to win because the moment Eric Fisher went out with the injury last game, it became advantage Bucs. Mahomes hasn't played a game without him prior to the end of the last game. All the good defensive commentators on ESPN have said the last two weeks, the responsibility to make up for Fisher will come down to his backup, who is a backup for a reason, and Kelce doing more elite blocking than he is known for. And here we are.

And the Bucs defense hasn't gotten talked about enough this year. They are a monster. Todd Bowles and his defense will hopefully get the credit they deserve. They disputed Patrick in ways he hasn't seen this year. This win is not just Tom, Tom, Tom.
shtexas United States of America

Post by shtexas »

Well, Tampa fans can be thrilled.

For me, it was depressing. Including that muted, "Us" style half- time show.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It was a defensive win. That Mahones was held with no TD's and KC only got 3 FG's is impressive.
To me there is a moment n which the numbers are too much. Brady went from a good team to a 7-9 team and got another ring. That stops any conversation. I simply could not argue against that.

Post by JazzNU »

I don't know the other guy's name, but there is a second O-lineman who was on the injury report and out this week. The Chiefs needed both to keep Mahomes upright.

Tom should get his due credit for this win. But I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I don't remember that he was not the reason the Patriots won those first sets of Superbowls. TB is impressive, but probably what is most impressive about him to me is how he has become this great quarterback, because he was not a great one to start. They had to hide him like a rookie QB for awhile and were winning by a Adam Vinatieri field goal more often than no. So even though I am not a fan of him, Belichick shouldn't be discounted just because of this, even more so when it's well known Brady pushed for and got to run the Patriots offense in Tampa.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I started game late after getting kids to bed. My recording cut out at 14-9... and came back at 28-9 with Tampa getting an interception. Amazing how one real life minute for me went from exciting game to ... wow this isn’t close and looks pretty much over.
:steven:
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:37 am I don't know the other guy's name, but there is a second O-lineman who was on the injury report and out this week. The Chiefs needed both to keep Mahomes upright.

Tom should get his due credit for this win. But I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I don't remember that he was not the reason the Patriots won those first sets of Superbowls. TB is impressive, but probably what is most impressive about him to me is how he has become this great quarterback, because he was not a great one to start. They had to hide him like a rookie QB for awhile and were winning by a Adam Vinatieri field goal more often than no. So even though I am not a fan of him, Belichick shouldn't be discounted just because of this, even more so when it's well known Brady pushed for and got to run the Patriots offense in Tampa.
The tuck rule helped Brady to his current path.

KC offensive guard is a doctor helping the fight vs covid.

Post by JazzNU »

To clarify about the KC O-Line - I'm not sure why the Canadian who skipped this season to work on the frontlines is being mentioned in here to explain this game, but he has indeed skipped the entire season to go help fight covid. He was never part of any analysis leading up to the SB even though the O-line was a big storyline. So in terms of what was different this game than others even just in the playoffs? It's about the 2020 O-Line missing two of their starting tackles, Eric Fisher, who had the big injury in the last game, and the other player's name is Mitchell Swartz.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Once The Patriots, sorry Buccaneers got started and Mahomes started getting clobbered and rushed by the Bucs defense the game was over. Mahomes looked confused out there.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

So I only heard about this today as I wasn't following news much..

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/07/us/britt ... index.html

Sounds like he was drinking before crash too...wonder if that may have contributed to the sleep walking state Kansas City was in.
:steven:

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:26 pm So I only heard about this today as I wasn't following news much..

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/07/us/britt ... index.html

Sounds like he was drinking before crash too...wonder if that may have contributed to the sleep walking state Kansas City was in.

Not much. The covid haircut situation was likely more of a disruption to all but Andy Reid.

This was well known. Highly publicized for the last 72 hours. Did it have some effect? I'm sure their preparation was slightly different missing a coach. But no, this doesn't explain everything away. There is a reason it has barely got a mention outside of people wishing the little girl gets better in the discussions being had today.

Andy was slightly off his game, his playcalling wasn't good. But the thing he's grappling with the most is that he likely can't get Britt out of this jam the way he has for everything else. Because I can't begin to state enough how this ish isn't new with Britt, it's just likely been awhile since he had to worry like this about him (can't say for sure, he might have been covering up for him in KC the last few years). Don't believe the generic DUI you hear talked about when referencing his past. It may have just been alcohol and Adderall this time around, but trust that it was hard drugs every time before that. Both sons were ragging druggies with serious addictions from basically late high school years on and that involved years of enabling by both Andy and his wife and years and years of rehab attempts to try to get to a better place. Didn't work at all with the one son obviously, and here we are with Britt. This is a mess for sure, but not something the Reids are unaccustomed to dealing with.