Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by ti-amie »

Melania has plenty of pictures all over the internet that show you everything you need to know about her. I don't get what their problem is.

/s
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

mmmm8 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:52 am Alice Cooper can only wish.
I 'served' Alice Cooper once at a downtown Toronto restaurant I used to work at. He was in full get up as AC to go to a Comic Con fan thing. He never spoke to me, his minder ordered him a rigatoni bolgnese & diet coke. They ate and left :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

A freaking idiot. And the best and most accurate reply.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

She's alive and well no?

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

There is a police officer next to her and she presses the gas. That man falls under the wheels and he is dead.
Reckless endangerment, that how it is called, right?
(And I know what you mean about her being alive and well. I just can't find anything proper to say about THAT part).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

the Moz wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:52 pm
mmmm8 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:52 am Alice Cooper can only wish.
I 'served' Alice Cooper once at a downtown Toronto restaurant I used to work at. He was in full get up as AC to go to a Comic Con fan thing. He never spoke to me, his minder ordered him a rigatoni bolgnese & diet coke. They ate and left :)
hahaha, the image of him in full makeup eating pasta is hilarious

Post by JazzNU »

Are you guys hearing fireworks, bigger ones I mean, not some smalltime sparklers, in your neighborhood in a way you never have before or is that just a thing near me? Like it's gotten out of control. The township had fireworks yesterday and legitimately couldn't tell when they were starting exactly because of so many random people setting off their own very loud fireworks in their yard or whatever after night had fallen.

There were fireworks last year during the pandemic for sure, but not like the frequency I was hearing this weekend. But even then, this setting off your own fireworks at this rate feels like a new phenomenon, it was definitely not a thing for so many just a few years ago. Pretty sure a good deal of what I'm seeing and hearing are technically illegal, but I think it's very hard to determine where they are being set off from.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:00 pm Are you guys hearing fireworks, bigger ones I mean, not some smalltime sparklers, in your neighborhood in a way you never have before or is that just a thing near me? Like it's gotten out of control. The township had fireworks yesterday and legitimately couldn't tell when they were starting exactly because of so many random people setting off their own very loud fireworks in their yard or whatever after night had fallen.

There were fireworks last year during the pandemic for sure, but not like the frequency I was hearing this weekend. But even then, this setting off your own fireworks at this rate feels like a new phenomenon, it was definitely not a thing for so many just a few years ago. Pretty sure a good deal of what I'm seeing and hearing are technically illegal, but I think it's very hard to determine where they are being set off from.
Mortars, like the one that killed that young NHL player seem to be the thing this year. It's horrible. And you're right. It's very hard to tell where they're coming from.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:00 pm Are you guys hearing fireworks, bigger ones I mean, not some smalltime sparklers, in your neighborhood in a way you never have before or is that just a thing near me? Like it's gotten out of control. The township had fireworks yesterday and legitimately couldn't tell when they were starting exactly because of so many random people setting off their own very loud fireworks in their yard or whatever after night had fallen.

Much more than in the past for sure, although I think I wasn't here on July 4 last year and it's only my fourth year in this area. One of the cats was freaking out for hours :(

Post by JazzNU »

Thanks for the replies. I didn't even know this bothered cats, but people with dogs have been sharing ideas on local radio to deal with the noise because it really freaks them out. There's something called a thunder jacket I guess? Not sure if such a thing exists for a cat, but something to look into if this continues to be a thing.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

They started early with the fireworks here. My daughter gave her cats calming treats as soon as it started.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It being the USA, I'd think that some of those sounds would be gunshots, as well.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:29 pm It being the USA, I'd think that some of those sounds would be gunshots, as well.
They used to only do that at New Year's but now anything goes.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:27 pm They started early with the fireworks here. My daughter gave her cats calming treats as soon as it started.
I'm sure y'all have seen this already, but just in case you haven't...

::

How to give a cat a pill ... and a dog, too
How to give a cat a pill:
Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil, and blow down drinking straw.

Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

Tie the little @!!@#@#$%'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak filet. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and remove pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to give a dog a pill:
Wrap it in cheese.

(Submitted by Dr. John Delack, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... PMC372253/[/url]