Covid-19 Updates & Info

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Covid-19 Updates & Info

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm not sure if this is fear mongering or based in fact. It's the second time I've seen 1,000,000 deaths projected.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm also seeing this sentiment now.

From NYT comments on this article:

Delta Variant Widens Gulf Between ‘Two Americas’: Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
Data from overseas, particularly Britain, suggest the spread of the virus will set vaccinated and unvaccinated communities on very different paths.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/heal ... k-usa.html
H. Clark
Long Island, NY

The U.S. should build a database of all citizens unwilling to be vaccinated, and share those names with insurance carriers, Medicare and Medicaid. Anyone who refuses to be inoculated against Covid-19 who becomes ill with the virus will not be eligible for medical coverage, and that includes all care and/or hospitalization. Good luck with the $698,552.91 bill from your local hospital. And that’s if you live.
And of course...
B
CA

I don’t understand personal choice of hen (sic) it comes to vaccinations. Insurance companies should be able to make covid treatment an uncovered medical expense if the person has no medically necessary reason to not take the vaccine. I refuse to subsidize these people.
1 REPLY
D
DecliningSociety
Baltimore

What if the COVID patient had not planned on getting COVID? I guess we should also let people choose not to subsidize unplanned pregnancy?
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:47 pm Things like:
He lost his wallet in NYC. He finds out a bit later, when he tries to pay for something. His GF is going crazy; they are now with no credit cards or cash, only hers (smaller limits). They have no idea what happened, but they go back to the hotel, where his wallet is waiting for him. Somebody found it on the street and brought it to his hotel.
Magic.
I say: "Did you have your room key (nowadays invariably a card) in it?"
"Yes".
"The person only had to bring it back to the hotel, where you would be identified. The card told him what hotel you were in".
"In NYC? Where everybody is so rude? NO WAY!"
"People are not rude in NYC. The vast majority of people in the world are good. Since you lost it early in the day (most likely it fell from his backpack) you must have lost it close to the hotel. Maybe the person found it in the same block, because most likely you lost it when you were going out and indeed putting it inside your back pack".
"And he did not steal the money? NO WAY!"
"People are good, N. Would you steal money from a found wallet? No. And most people are like that".

No, no, no. It was magic. It was the power of his mind, because he always has a positive outlook of the world.
I bet you know the type.
Aeronautical engineering? Can you please tell me which planes he helped design so I can stay off them? ;)

Kevin
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:06 pm I'm also seeing this sentiment now.

Data from overseas, particularly Britain, suggest the spread of the virus will set vaccinated and unvaccinated communities on very different paths.
H. Clark
Long Island, NY

The U.S. should build a database of all citizens unwilling to be vaccinated, and share those names with insurance carriers, Medicare and Medicaid. Anyone who refuses to be inoculated against Covid-19 who becomes ill with the virus will not be eligible for medical coverage, and that includes all care and/or hospitalization. Good luck with the $698,552.91 bill from your local hospital. And that’s if you live.
And of course...

That was MY IDEA!!!!! I wrote that in TAT1.0!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I hate it when I get plagiarized...
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

dmforever wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:43 pm ---

Aeronautical engineering? Can you please tell me which planes he helped design so I can stay off them? ;)

Kevin
He was very fond of the de Havilland Comet ;)
He went back to Venezuela after that and, of course, never got involved in aviation.
And he is not a dumb guy. Very successful. But it is the one thing with these creeds: they fall down the hole and never, ever look back.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:19 pm
ti-amie wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:06 pm I'm also seeing this sentiment now.

H. Clark
Long Island, NY

And of course...

That was MY IDEA!!!!! I wrote that in TAT1.0!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I hate it when I get plagiarized...
I remembered seeing it here first. Don't be mad just do the dance.

The only thing is idiots will start making the argument that Person A didn't intend to get C19 and compare it to coverage for medical procedures like abortion after an unintended pregnancy. Maybe that's why it hasn't been done?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

In Japan (you know, the country which is insisting on the Olympics going ahead), COVID-19 rates are currently increasing more rapidly than they have in many months.

COVID-19 rates are also increasing significantly in 45 U.S. states.

No-one can say they weren't warned about lifting protections like the mask mandate...
Sigh...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Argentina reached 100K deaths, with a population of 45MM. Translated to the USA population of 360MM (my approximation), that would be 800,000 deaths.
They have relied on Sputnik V, AZ and Chinese Sinopharm for their vaccination program.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Cases were always going to increase this week and next. It's naive to have thought otherwise. Without the delta variant, we'd still have gotten a spike. No sense is shown by the masses when celebrating the 4th, and that goes for pre-pandemic as well. Fools are going out regardless, we had a spike last year too when none of the major variants were talked about.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 pm
Staten Island really showing everyone, huh? Nothing like proving your point from a hospital bed. Still not sure what the point is besides stupidity.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Staten Island is the most Republican borough. Make of that what you will.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Sometimes you have to let the dangerous people speak for themselves. I really think all of them are vaccinated and I don't think they believe any of the crap they say. I hesitate to call them stupid because they know what they're doing.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:34 pm Staten Island is the most Republican borough. Make of that what you will.
Oh I know. I'd think twice before calling emergency services right now. It'd need to be dire.