Covid-19 Updates & Info

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Covid-19 Updates & Info

Post by JazzNU »

Disney's salary and non-union hourly employees and Walmart's corporate employees

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I like this...

Anyone thinking of coming to Canada under false pretenses should think again...

False Vaccination Documents Bring $20,000 Fine to Travellers From U.S.

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Deuce wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:12 am I like this...

Anyone thinking of coming to Canada under false pretenses should think again...

False Vaccination Documents Bring $20,000 Fine to Travellers From U.S.

I would add:
Plus banned from entering the country until the pandemic is over, as decided by the Canadian Govt.
That would feel good.
---0---

And Deuce may have been right about people forging certificates (may as in 99% may): people down here are selling fake PCR test results.
Vamos, Colombia!!! (their rallying cry at sports events)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

On my way home back from Ohio, we stopped at the service area in Bedford so Polly the Dog and both of us could pee. When I went inside, approximately half of the people inside were wearing masks. That was an exponential improvement over what I saw in Ohio. But it's worth noting, these were travelers headed EAST. This service area was not accessible to drivers headed WEST. Not sure there would have been a difference. Perhaps the westbound service area would have been better or similar. Just an observation on a late Saturday afternoon.
Last edited by dryrunguy on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Another observation: I saw my first Trump/DeSantis 2024 flag today. Not a sign, a flag. That was in either eastern Ohio or western Pennsylvania. Not sure. Doesn't matter. They're the same.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm And Deuce may have been right about people forging certificates (may as in 99% may): people down here are selling fake PCR test results.
Vamos, Colombia!!! (their rallying cry at sports events)
^ Sadly, my experience in and observation of life has led me to possess little faith in the human animal.
Amazing potential to do wonderful things... but, tragically the potential to do stupid and harmful things is acted upon more than is the potential to do good.
ti-amie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 am
^ Let's contemplate this for a moment...
After 16 months in this pandemic - that is 16 months worth of intense education every day... plus many more people being vaccinated today than were vaccinated in the first 12 months... Florida has more case counts now than at any time in the past 16 months.
This is truly incredible. These people have learned absolutely nothing, even while being intensely educated every day for the past 16 months. That is over 450 consecutive days of intense education - and the result is that they've learned absolutely nothing.
It is truly beyond astounding.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:50 am On my way home back from Ohio, we stopped at the service area in Bedford so Polly the Dog and both of us could pee. When I went inside, approximately half of the people inside were wearing masks. That was an exponential improvement over what I saw in Ohio. But it's worth noting, these were travelers headed EAST. This service area was not accessible to drivers headed WEST. Not sure there would have been a difference. Perhaps the westbound service area would have been better or similar. Just an observation on a late Saturday afternoon.

You know I'm a Turnpike expert, so I think I know which service area you are talking about, though I don't think I realized that was in Bedford (is there another one across the highway for the westbound?). I haven't stopped there often, I prefer the next service area, but did you get a look at any of the plates? Saturday is typically the start/end to week-long rentals so it may not mean much, but that might be somewhat of a tell.

But here's the other thing, heading East could be a factor as you're guessing, or more accurately, Southeast. I'm not 100% positive since it's been awhile since I visited the fam. But as you are leaving this service area and get back on the Turnpike, is it before or after the Breezewood exit? I feel like it's before, because the Bedford exit is one before Breezewood. That service station more than likely has a high amount of drivers that are going to get off the Turnpike and continue on 1-70. So Maryland, DC, and Virginia more than likely destinations, not just coming East across the state. Because unless it's your first time making that trip, you best stop at that service area or in Breezewood before you head into Maryland unless you want to get off the road for food or gas as they have rest stops, not service areas, along the road in that part of Maryland unless they've made some improvements recently.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Maybe - just maybe - the fact that he's getting his 'medication' from a tractor supply store is a slight indication that the guy is not playing with a full deck.
Just maybe...
R.I.P. Amal...

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Why do I find it fitting that republicans are being treated by veterinarians?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem