Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

That's a brave man!!!!
And then people wonder why millennials and Gen-Z's have no loyalty to companies.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Fun fact: My friend (still) works there. On workforce optimization. :) That's not a euphemism for firing people, I think they just try to create more efficiency.

She's not very proud of how this was handled, needless to say.

And they just got a $750M infusion. What a prick/idiot.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

I take it all back! Christmas in New York really is wonderful. The Fox News Christmas Tree caught fire!

(ok, looks like someone set it off so less exciting)
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mmmm8 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:12 pm I take it all back! Christmas in New York really is wonderful. The Fox News Christmas Tree caught fire!

(ok, looks like someone set it off so less exciting)
I just saw this! They did arrest someone.

I resisted the urge to post the ones featuring The Grinch.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

It's across the street from my office, I could have been watching it live but stayed home today.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I know how you can feel about Fox News, but that was dumb and dangerous. If it was done purposely.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:03 pm I know how you can feel about Fox News, but that was dumb and dangerous. If it was done purposely.
agreed, I didn't realize at first that it was intentional, thought it was lit by karma

Post by JazzNU »

I guess I shouldn't be surprised they put up a artificial tree at Fox News because fake's the only way they know how to be, but seems like a bit of an upset

I didn't see any of the Grinch posts unfortunately.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:52 pm I guess I shouldn't be surprised they put up a artificial tree at Fox News because fake's the only way they know how to be, but seems like a bit of an upset

Post of the week. That cracked me up :rofl: :thumbsup:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mmmm8 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:49 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:03 pm I know how you can feel about Fox News, but that was dumb and dangerous. If it was done purposely.
agreed, I didn't realize at first that it was intentional, thought it was lit by karma
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:52 pm I guess I shouldn't be surprised they put up a artificial tree at Fox News because fake's the only way they know how to be, but seems like a bit of an upset

Post by JazzNU »

MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

Fall on walk from bed to desk is workplace accident, German court rules

Man who slipped and broke his back while working from home was commuting, it is decided

A German court has ruled that a man who slipped while walking a few metres from his bed to his home office can claim on workplace accident insurance as he was technically commuting.

The man was working from home and on his way to his desk one floor below his bedroom, the federal social court, which oversees social security issues, said in its decision.

While walking on the spiral staircase connecting the rooms, the unnamed man slipped and broke his back.

The court noted that the employee usually started working in his home office “immediately without having breakfast beforehand”, but did not explain why that was relevant to the case. However, later it said that statutory accident insurance was only afforded to the “first” journey to work, suggesting that a trip on the way to get breakfast after already being in the home office could be rejected.

The employer’s insurance refused to cover the claim. While two lower courts disagreed on whether the short trip was a commute, the higher federal social court said it had found that “the first morning journey from bed to the home office [was] an insured work route”.

It ruled: “The plaintiff suffered an accident at work when he fell on the way to his home office in the morning.”

In many countries, firms have a duty of care to their employees, regardless of where they work.

The German federal court said: “If the insured activity is carried out in the household of the insured person or at another location, insurance cover is provided to the same extent as when the activity is carried out at the company premises.”

It is not clear if the man was working from home due to the pandemic or had done so previously. The ruling said the law applied to “teleworking positions”, which are “computer workstations that are permanently set up by the employer in the private area of ​​the employees”.

- The Guardian
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Actually, I can buy that. Your company wants you to work at home? Hey, this might be a precedent.