Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Suliso wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:29 pm No, we're not even in EU ;)
What? Wait a minute, Switzerland is not in Europe?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:07 pm
No - Switzerland is nowhere and belongs to nothing.
It's neutral.
:D
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Deuce wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:15 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:07 pm
No - Switzerland is nowhere and belongs to nothing.
It's neutral.
I know I have heard that it is neutral in everything and always have been told that it stays out of all conflicts, but in all of my History & Geography books they tell me that Switzerland is located in Central Europe.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It is in Central Europe, but it does not belong to the European Union because if they were to do so, their banking laws would have to be in tandem with the rest of Europe, and their central Bank would fall under the supervision of Brussels.
The EU is nothing but a club, and Switzerland would rather not be in it. Because if they were, everybody with a secretly stashed account there would have to declare it in their home country. Imagine the funds withdrawal if that were to happen.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:06 pm It is in Central Europe, but it does not belong to the European Union because if they were to do so, their banking laws would have to be in tandem with the rest of Europe, and their central Bank would fall under the supervision of Brussels.
The EU is nothing but a club, and Switzerland would rather not be in it. Because if they were, everybody with a secretly stashed account there would have to declare it in their home country. Imagine the funds withdrawal if that were to happen.
I just learned something about World Economy & Finance and I did it on a Tennis site. :lol:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Seriously speaking. The depth and breath of this forum would surprise you. Suliso is a very accomplished chemist. Others here are basically experts in world economics and very well read in history and geography. Literature is a forte.
If you need some advice and information on technical aspects, at times, this is not a bad place to start.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Butt Im zuh smartist 1 hear--jist sew evry1 nose...

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:38 pm Seriously speaking. The depth and breath of this forum would surprise you. Suliso is a very accomplished chemist. Others here are basically experts in world economics and very well read in history and geography. Literature is a forte.
If you need some advice and information on technical aspects, at times, this is not a bad place to start.
So what you are actually saying is if I need someone to do my homework for me, I'm covered? :lol:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:46 am
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:38 pm Seriously speaking. The depth and breath of this forum would surprise you. Suliso is a very accomplished chemist. Others here are basically experts in world economics and very well read in history and geography. Literature is a forte.
So what you are actually saying is if I need someone to do my homework for me, I'm covered? :lol:
No... It's more like if you need someone to provide you with a convenient, efficient, and articulate excuse for NOT DOING your homework, you're in the right place.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

There was a referendum on joining EU in the early 90-ties. The idea was rejected. Government maybe thought about banking, but population mostly didn't like the idea of sponsoring poorer countries.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Deuce wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:12 am
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:46 am
No... It's more like if you need someone to provide you with a convenient, efficient, and articulate excuse for NOT DOING your homework, you're in the right place.
I like the way you think. Not sure if my teachers or my mom would like it, but ya know. :lol:

I actually would never get anyone to do my homework for me. I am actually a really nerdy type who always does her homework and studies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:44 pm ...
I like the way you think. Not sure if my teachers or my mom would like it, but ya know. :lol:

I actually would never get anyone to do my homework for me. I am actually a really nerdy type who always does her homework and studies.
Good to hear that. No, we would not make your homework. But, next time you are writing a paper on Why the Earth is Flat, Proof that Dinosaurs co-inhabited Earth with Human, Vaccines lead to Autism, or many relevant modern topics, we could help.
Dry, especially, is very good with grammar.

And, although I just praised the forum, some of us are nothing more than walking advertisements for the re-introduction of electroshock therapy in society. You will figure out who.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:45 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:44 pm ...

Good to hear that. No, we would not make your homework. But, next time you are writing a paper on Why the Earth is Flat, Proof that Dinosaurs co-inhabited Earth with Human, Vaccines lead to Autism, or many relevant modern topics, we could help.
Dry, especially, is very good with grammar.

And, although I just praised the forum, some of us are nothing more than walking advertisements for the re-introduction of electroshock therapy in society. You will figure out who.
Not sure I will write on those topics, but I am taking American Literature this year and I am pretty sure I will have quite a few book summary reports to write. I am taking United States History this year as well and there also might be some papers, but not many probably. The Science I am taking this year is Physics so I am not sure what to expect. I also take Religion since my school is a Private Catholic School and there are some papers we write in that class. I take the Religion class every year we just learn different things. My other class like Trigonometry, Java Programming, Studio Art 3, and Yearbook won't have any papers.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:54 pm Not sure I will write on those topics, but I am taking American Literature this year and I am pretty sure I will have quite a few book summary reports to write. I am taking United States History this year as well and there also might be some papers, but not many probably. The Science I am taking this year is Physics so I am not sure what to expect. I also take Religion since my school is a Private Catholic School and there are some papers we write in that class. I take the Religion class every year we just learn different things. My other class like Trigonometry, Java Programming, Studio Art 3, and Yearbook won't have any papers.
I'm curious how private Catholic schools handle the subject of sex education - because it's well known that the Catholic system of religion often ignores topics related to sexuality (or even condemns it).
You're obviously in high school now, but were you also in a private Catholic school for primary school, which is when sex ed usually begins?

I'm curious to know how your current high school deals with sex ed, and also how a private Catholic primary school deals with sex ed, if you attended a private Catholic school before entering high school.
Thanks.
R.I.P. Amal...

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Deuce wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:10 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:54 pm Not sure I will write on those topics, but I am taking American Literature this year and I am pretty sure I will have quite a few book summary reports to write. I am taking United States History this year as well and there also might be some papers, but not many probably. The Science I am taking this year is Physics so I am not sure what to expect. I also take Religion since my school is a Private Catholic School and there are some papers we write in that class. I take the Religion class every year we just learn different things. My other class like Trigonometry, Java Programming, Studio Art 3, and Yearbook won't have any papers.
I'm curious how private Catholic schools handle the subject of sex education - because it's well known that the Catholic system of religion often ignores topics related to sexuality (or even condemns it).
You're obviously in high school now, but were you also in a private Catholic school for primary school, which is when sex ed usually begins?

I'm curious to know how your current high school deals with sex ed, and also how a private Catholic primary school deals with sex ed, if you attended a private Catholic school before entering high school.
Thanks.
Yes, I have attended Private Catholic Education since Pre Kindergarten. They teach abstinence as the main thing for Sex Education. They also cover what is called Natural Family Planning which is a form of birth control that involves temperature checks, charting, when you are ovulating & your menstrual cycle. They do not believe in contraception. In the primary years they do not get into the Natural family planning method. It is only until we enter high school that they touch on that. My mom being a Physicians Assistant has talked to me and taught me way more about that sort of stuff than anything they try to teach in school.