by dave g This is the thread for chatting about your picks that are doing well, and those that are just stuck in the mud.

by dave g "I want to see how many of us DON'T pick Rafa for Cat D."

I will probably keep a trade open for Rafa, but I don't plan on starting with him. I won't trade him in until I am convinced that he is going to play. I am convince he wants to play, but I am not convinced that he will be able to play any more. I don't think his body will let him.

Similarily, I don't see either Novak or Andy truly competing for major titles anymore. I think Andy realizes that he can not truly compete for major titles any more, but I don't think Novak has come to that realization yet. With Andy's current injury, the odds that he retires this year increases.

by ashkor87 Reserve me a place by the pool..don't follow men"s tennis much ..apart from Alcaraz and Zverev, everyone is going to be covered in mud and no glory .

by ashkor87 generally, I start these contests in last place (like Secretariat!) and then work my way up. I realize the main reason is I dont pay enough attention to the early tournaments, and hope that good performances in the marquee events will see my team through - that doesnt happen., partly because the points allotted dont really reflect the importance of the tournament.. Have tried to remedy that this time.. we shall see how successfully..

by ponchi101 Notice how our perennial champ Omegadoom always post last, because he studies the draws AND our picks.
There is a bit of an art to it.

Edir. I re-read my post, and I want to make something clear. Omegadoom plays 100% by the rules, and he obviously takes his time to post his teams. I assume that he studies draws and all available data, and therefore he has that impressive medal chest.
I don't because, I have to admit, I research my teams in the same way I research the vegan options at a restaurant. (Meaning, I don't).

by Oploskoffie Only now am I realizing I could and probably should have done more with my timezone "advantage". Easther brunch with the family should NOT have been the priority :roll:

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:54 pm Notice how our perennial champ Omegadoom always post last, because he studies the draws AND our picks.
There is a bit of an art to it.

Edir. I re-read my post, and I want to make something clear. Omegadoom plays 100% by the rules, and he obviously takes his time to post his teams. I assume that he studies draws and all available data, and therefore he has that impressive medal chest.
I don't because, I have to admit, I research my teams in the same way I research the vegan options at a restaurant. (Meaning, I don't).
It’s in every contest, even including SPs. I usually use it to tell when the deadlines are :)

by Omegadoom
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:18 am
It’s in every contest, even including SPs. I usually use it to tell when the deadlines are :)
Cool. Now I don't have to worry about posting any more official deadlines for these contests! :mrgreen:

by tenedab
Omegadoom wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:26 am
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:18 am
Cool. Now I don't have to worry about posting any more official deadlines for these contests! :mrgreen:
I suggest: post anyway without worrying about it :)

by ashkor87
Oploskoffie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:47 pm Only now am I realizing I could and probably should have done more with my timezone "advantage". Easther brunch with the family should NOT have been the priority :roll:
If anyone has a timezone advantage, it is me..much good it has done me

by ashkor87 My limited experience is - in this contest, only A and B category players matter, the others will not earn us enough points .

by ponchi101 Agree. The B category players that do best make the whole difference.
Although in AMitS, Pliskova was really important. But she was a D in disguise.

by ashkor87
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:57 am Although in AMitS, Pliskova was really important. But she was a D in disguise.
yes, that was a big miss - I just hadnt paid attention to Cluj Napoca

by tenedab Nice Navone pick Omegadoom! Success in South America doesn't always translates into success in Europe

by ponchi101 Oh, it figures. Omega was the one picking the one truly obscure finalist.
I really want to get a hold of his crystal ball. Just once ;)

by tenedab
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 pm Oh, it figures. Omega was the one picking the one truly obscure finalist.
I really want to get a hold of his crystal ball. Just once ;)
Do you want to grab his balls? :D

by ashkor87 This season is too chaotic ! Top players playing,not playing. Hard to keep track. I have switched off now

by ashkor87 Am afraid to trade Alcaraz in now .I suspect he will pull out of Rome to rest his arm...probably played Madrid only because it is his home..,

by ponchi101 If he wins Madrid, he will pull out. If he does not, he will play (if the arm is in shape), because he can get a lot of points this year (2r last year, IIRC).

by ashkor87
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:36 pm If he wins Madrid, he will pull out. If he does not, he will play (if the arm is in shape), because he can get a lot of points this year (2r last year, IIRC).
Staying healthy for RG probably trumps everything else...I am willing to bet he pulls out of Rome...

by dave g Early Sunday afternoon, I am headed off to some wilderness camping, and will get back on Thursday.

I try to check my scores with ponchi101 and Omegadoom after the Madrid semi-finals. One of them will post the Madrid scores.

Omegadoom will keep his eye on the trading deadline, and let you know if there are any changes.

If you have any questions, either ponchi101 or Omegadoom ought to be able to answer them.

by ashkor87 Have fun!!

by ashkor87
ashkor87 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:18 am Am afraid to trade Alcaraz in now .I suspect he will pull out of Rome to rest his arm...probably played Madrid only because it is his home..,
he has pulled out

by ponchi101 Too late for people like me, who are in the back of the pack, but trading him in was risky.
I still have two trades, so have to think them well. Novak?

by ashkor87 Me too, I have one trade left but can't think of a good one! Would add Nadal back but already have a wc so....

by Omegadoom Main draw match play begins at 11:00 AM local time, Wednesday, May 8th, in Rome, Italy, so the official deadline to post your trades is Wednesday, May 8th, at 5:00 AM US eastern time.

by ashkor87 Rome is bring kind to me..all my 3 As are still alive...

by ponchi101 Ruud let me down...

by ashkor87
ponchi101 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:05 pm Ruud let me down...
Ruud of him..