'24 Day 3 Aus Open OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: '24 Day 3 Aus Open OoP & Discussion

Post by meganfernandez »

nelslus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:02 am
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:14 am
nelslus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:54 am

Granollers makes sounds? Has anyone actually ever seen him play?
Are you saying he doesn't grunt, or are you skeptical that anyone has actually tuned in to a Marcel Granollers match? :)

He definitely has an obnoxious grunt. Not sure if he does it in doubles. Did in singles.
LOL, it's weird. He's a very good looking man- and definitely ass-blessed- who just has never left any kind of impression on me. I know John and I saw him very annoyingly take the first set against Roger at the US Open in 2014 (I had to google the year)- at which point this crazy weather system came in- and we had to abandon the Open that day. (He did then lose, only winning three more games, against Roger. Again- google). I saw some of his win against Rajeev Ram at the US Open in 2013. I saw some of Rajeev winning the second set after winning the first two sets. Then, Rajeev's level dropped considerably in the third set, at which point I, in full irritation-mode and knowing the inevitable would happen, toddled off to another match (5 set loss for Rajeev). I've also seen him in doubles some (including winning a 2019 US Open doubles SF, and then losin gthe F, as he always does with all partners in Slam doubles F matches), live and on TV for sure. It's just, whenever I've seen him play, apparently my mind drifts to far more important matters, such as what I'm going to have for my next meal.

IN any case, there are so many annoyingly loud players, that they have to be egregiously loud and barky to stand out for me. :gorgeous:
Granollers' grunt is distinctive and singular in its length and annoyance. It's exactly the kind of egregiously loud bark that would stand out. It's hard to believe it's natural. Incredible memory of your history with his matches, btw, and I enjoyed the use of "toddled."

Post by meganfernandez »

JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Zheng just double faulted 6 times in one service game to go down 3-5 to Ashlyn Krueger.

Post by JTContinental »

Two awful games in a row for Zheng and Krueger takes the first set.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Petkovic (my favorite expert) says the courts are a bit slower than they were last year...though still medium-fast. That was my estimate too...
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

So good for Saba,Ryba and Iga .bad for Coco
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Rybakina is not making Pliskova move..keeps hitting down the middle..that won't help ..
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Petkovic also says 1573 is by far the quickest of the Melbourne courts...

Post by JTContinental »

Rogers was clearly not ready for tournament play yet, but even still Raducanu looked pretty good.
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:11 am
JTContinental wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:27 am Danielle Collins is playing tennis in pink bloomers. She looks like one of the Rugrats.
They are so bad. I was trying to come up with a comparison. Holly Hobbie kept coming to mind but I doubt anyone knows what that is. They kind of look homemade, from curtains.
LOL on the Holly Hobby comparison (my sister had Holly Hobby wallpaper in her room as a kid).

Definitely a bad look - not a fan of the designs that can’t decide if they want to be shorts or a skirt. I am ok with skorts which at least look like skirts. The ruching (is that the right word/spelling?) around the legs almost makes them look like a big, poorly applied diaper. JT’s bloomers comment is probably an apt description.

Post by meganfernandez »

atlpam wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:11 am
JTContinental wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:27 am Danielle Collins is playing tennis in pink bloomers. She looks like one of the Rugrats.
They are so bad. I was trying to come up with a comparison. Holly Hobbie kept coming to mind but I doubt anyone knows what that is. They kind of look homemade, from curtains.
LOL on the Holly Hobby comparison (my sister had Holly Hobby wallpaper in her room as a kid).

Definitely a bad look - not a fan of the designs that can’t decide if they want to be shorts or a skirt. I am ok with skorts which at least look like skirts. The ruching (is that the right word/spelling?) around the legs almost makes them look like a big, poorly applied diaper. JT’s bloomers comment is probably an apt description.
:lol: Yes bloomers and a diaper are both spot-on. Ruching is correct, I believe!
joanjettson Brazil

Post by joanjettson »

JTContinental wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:22 am Kerber played way better at United Cup
How about the way the Australian announcers call her "Caba" - it took me until the Swiatek / Collins match to figure out who they were talking about haha #timely