by ponchi101 Congratulations to those that made this topic, and that have survived a week of lunatic picks and some truly outstanding upsets (looking at you, Kerber). Your reward for this is: you have to keep doing it. Your list of picks is:

161stAndChilla : Vondrousova. Kontaveit. Collins. Kvitova. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Svitolina
bankerb4 : Azarenka. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
DU Pioneers : Vondrousova. Kontaveit. Collins. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Svitolina
esimons11 : Kerber. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pliskova. Sabalenka. NO PICK
Fiercehart2 : Alexandrova. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
Fifi Lainez : Alexandrova. Badosa. Jabeur. Kvitova. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina

Gacritter : Danilovic. Schmiedlova. Collins. Pegula. Kerber. Pavlyuchenkova. Krejcikova. Pliskova. Sabalenka. Bencic
gunner : Vondrousova. Tomljanovic. Jabeur. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Rogers
hawk99 : Paolini. Schmiedlova. Mertens. Bencic. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Fernandez. Pliskova
Irena2 : Vondrousova. Martic. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Fernandez. Sakkari
Jeff from TX : Alexandrova. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Krejcikova
kcgregg : Azarenka. Kontaveit. Kerber. Pegula. Svitolina. Raducanu. Fernandez. Rogers.
KLB21 : Kasatkina. Sakkari. Mertens. Kontaveit. Halep. Raducanu. Krejcikova. Andreescu
led14pa2 : McHale. Kontaveit. Kerber. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka.Raducanu. Krejcikova
lukeorion : Voundrosova. Badosa. Azarenka. Pegula. Krejcikova. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
mu_royals : Kasatkina. Schmiedlova. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Fernandez. Bencic
naughtyT : Azarenka. Tomljanovic. Muguruza. Pegula. Krejcikova. Pliskova. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Svitolina
New England Nitemare : Vondrousova. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Fernandez. Sakkari
Omegadoom : Paolini. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
Pharmanimal : Garcia. Tomljanovic. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Pavlyuchenkova. Fernandez. Sakkari. Sabalenka. Raducanu
Tolulops : Danilovic. Teichmann. Mertens. Pegula. Halep. Andreescu. Krejcikova. Rogers

by ponchi101 We start the day with 21 players, after one NO PICK:

Pliskova 11
Raducanu 5

Rogers 3
Andreescu 1

Sakkari 1

A clear favorite is there, but it is by now a risky pick.
Good luck to all. Remember, as this is a new topic and JT is not in command, CHECK YOUR PICKS if you feel you are still alive. All corrections will be implemented.

by JTContinental Is that a typo in the title or clever TAT wordplay?

Though I’m not in command, at least 4 of you will bow to my wishes today.

by ponchi101
JTContinental wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:45 pm Is that a typo in the title or clever TAT wordplay?

Though I’m not in command, at least 4 of you will bow to my wishes today.
You see why you should have never left me in charge? ;)
My misspelling, and I will leave your post as it is for documentation.

by naughtyT
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:13 pm Congratulations to those that made this topic, and that have survived a week of lunatic picks and some truly outstanding upsets (looking at you, Kerber). Your reward for this is: you have to keep doing it. Your list of picks is:

what doesn't kill you makes you live on in misery and confusion

by Irena2 I realized last night I'd have more choices if I picked against Pavlyuchenkova...so glad I changed my pick. I live another day in relief and confusion, but misery can wait until tomorrow!

by ponchi101 After that re-enacting of GLADIATOR by Sakakri and Andreescu, we are left with 16 players still gunning for that trophy.
As today's matches start a bit later, I will update then. Have to go and pay bills, like always.

by ponchi101 We start with 16 players.
The breakdown is:
Svitolina 8
Fernandez 4
Krejcikova 2
Sabalenka 2

Of course, will have, at a minimum, 6 people departing.
Best of luck.

by Irena2 Now that Krejcikova is out, I have no chance of beating the draw. So now I guess I hope Sakkari beats Pliskova so I can pick the winner of Raducanu-Bencic and call it a day. Best of luck to those who still have the chance!

by ponchi101 Update. We are down to 6, and three more rounds. The USO is indeed the toughest of the slams, even for us.

by New England Nitemare
Irena2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:09 am Now that Krejcikova is out, I have no chance of beating the draw. So now I guess I hope Sakkari beats Pliskova so I can pick the winner of Raducanu-Bencic and call it a day. Best of luck to those who still have the chance!
I'm in the same boat as you. I can't beat the draw either. These pool are super tough, this is the furthest that i have gone in a long while.

by ponchi101 I have not closed the PICKS topic because it is not time, and in case somebody wants to change picks, but we have six picks in:
Bencic 2
Sakkari 2
Pliskova 1
Raducanu 1

Truly impressed that you guys are still alive, and I mean that sincerely. Best of luck. :clap:

by Suliso At least two will move on, but I didn't check if in that minimal scenario either has any picks left.

by JTContinental I'm back, baby! Big thanks to our fearless leader ponchi for filling in for me while I was in the wilds of Minnesota

by Irena2
New England Nitemare wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:31 am
Irena2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:09 am Now that Krejcikova is out, I have no chance of beating the draw. So now I guess I hope Sakkari beats Pliskova so I can pick the winner of Raducanu-Bencic and call it a day. Best of luck to those who still have the chance!
I'm in the same boat as you. I can't beat the draw either. These pool are super tough, this is the furthest that i have gone in a long while.
What a boat it has turned out to be! Congratulations! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

by ponchi101 If I am looking at this correctly:
Irena2 and Nitemare MUST pick Raducanu, after which they will have no picks.
Pharmanimal has run out of picks, so:
IRENA 2 AND NITEMARE ARE OUR WINNERS, in one tremendous contest. I will open the picks topic for you to make it official, and for us to cheer you all way to run out of picks, which is a great achievement :clap: :clap: :clap:

by New England Nitemare
Irena2 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:48 am
New England Nitemare wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:31 am
What a boat it has turned out to be! Congratulations! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yes!!!! Congrats to you too Irena!!! I haven't won one of these for a while!!! Maria Sakkari came through for us!!!! :D :D :D

by JTContinental I got back just in time :lol:

Congrats to our winners, both longtime suicide pool veterans!

by ponchi101 Congrats to Irena2 and NE Nightmare, both of whom, in a very real way, DID NOT LOSE IN THE SP!!!! Ok, you ran out of picks but were one pick away from beating the draw. In a tournament that will have the #73 and #150 playing the final, that is indeed impressive.
Your trophies will be awarded as soon as the men are also done, as I like to award those simultaneously. Those winners are also doing an incredible job.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

by Jeff from TX congratulations to the winners!

by JTContinental Great job, winners!

by Irena2 Thank you very much, lots more luck than skill this time, but we always need a bunch of luck to get deep into the draw.

by the Moz congrats Irena & NEN :thumbsup:

by texasniteowl congrats Irena and Nitemare! So impressive with the chaos in the women's draw!

by mmmm8 Congratulations!! I'm not jealous at all! :roll: