Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

Post by ti-amie »

The story was broken by Russian media.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

What surprises me is that he is at the ballet, not that he is in Moscow.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

And the people who spew these lies are all safely at home with their families, and fully vaxxed.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Do these people think they can go to court and think they are fully justified and get off?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:02 am Do these people think they can go to court and think they are fully justified and get off?
Think is doing a lot of work here Owen. :D

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This man committed the biggest Medicare fraud in US history and is a sitting Senator.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Marcelo Rochabrún
@mrochabrun
New: The story of the poor indigenous Peruvians working —sometimes even for free— helping the world’s richest person sell $9,000 vicuña sweaters

It is the finest wool in the world, but in the Andes, they see none of the wealth

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2024 ... Vh4GIrLUxY
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Get organized. Become a cooperative. Follow the model of Colombia's Juan Valdez.

Post by Owendonovan »

Not the train I commute daily on, but one I often use. There's some kind of something going on about 10% of the time I spend on the subway system. I got into a small row just yesterday because a woman (who is a regular on this train at the same time as me) wouldn't make space for people to sit, so I sat halfway on her until she moved over. She was yelling that she worked all day so she's entitled, others chimed in that they all worked today, she sounded foolish. She did not and has not appeared to have any kind of mental illness. This is my dilemma, allowing her to take up 3 seats is wholly unacceptable to me and most everyone else riding the subway, who should be correcting this situation, me? The macho man below who instigated this shooting seems to have got what he had coming to him.

Man Is Critically Wounded in a Shooting on a Subway Train in Brooklyn
A video shows how a verbal dispute between two men on a moving A train turned into a fight. One of the men grabbed a gun from the other and shot him, the police said.
A man was in critical condition Thursday night after being shot in the head on a subway train as it arrived at the Hoyt-Schermerhorn station in Downtown Brooklyn during the Thursday evening rush hour, the authorities said.

The shooting occurred after a 32-year-old man boarded a northbound A train at the Nostrand Avenue stop at about 4:45 p.m., Michael Kemper, the Police Department’s Chief of Transit, said at a news conference.

As the train left the station, the man was confronted by a 36-year-old man who witnesses described as acting in an “aggressive and provocative” manner, Chief Kemper said.

What started as a verbal confrontation quickly become a physical fight, the chief said, with the 36-year-old man displaying either a knife or razor blade at one point. Eventually, he pulled out a gun, Chief Kemper said.

The men began grappling, and the 32-year-old man grabbed the gun and shot the other man several times, Chief Kemper said. He said he did not believe the two men knew each other.

Footage of the fight posted to social media shows that the 36-year-old man repeatedly threatens the 32-year-old man, standing over him and saying “I will beat you up” before the younger man stands up and the two circle around each other. As the fight escalates, other passengers move to the opposite end of the train, but one woman stays back.

The video shows that as the two men tussle on a pair of subway seats, the woman also becomes involved, appearing to fumble in her purse for something and then stab the 36-year-old in the lower back as he stands over the younger man, pummeling him. Another rider, wearing a blue sweatshirt and a yellow neon vest, attempts to intervene and briefly separates the men before the fight resumes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/14/nyre ... oklyn.html
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I would like to see a study about "public etiquette" nowadays. Is it gong down, or is it better?
For example: I really dislike people that are talking on their smartphone at full blast. I don't need to listen to their conversations. But, even worse: people listening or watching shows on a smartphone, with no earphones. I find it rude.
Are we losing that battle, when in public?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The video is available. I feel for the passengers who were trapped in the car because they've stopped making it possible to open the doors between the cars anymore.

No charges will be filed against the man who shot the aggressor in the head. The aggressor is not expected to survive per media reports.

As for Adams and Hochul's stunt with putting the National Guard in the subways this shows that mayhem can break out anywhere at any time. There is a police station at this stop. Who knows where the aggressor got on the train? This is why stunts like this don't work in NYC.

That said, as a native NY'er people who live in Brooklyn are always ready to fight. I'm not including the recently gentrified areas of course. I'm talking about the folks who were there before the gentrifiers and who are still there.

Post by Owendonovan »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:01 pm I would like to see a study about "public etiquette" nowadays. Is it gong down, or is it better?
For example: I really dislike people that are talking on their smartphone at full blast. I don't need to listen to their conversations. But, even worse: people listening or watching shows on a smartphone, with no earphones. I find it rude.
Are we losing that battle, when in public?
Feels that way, especially with the smartphone noise and bluetooth speakers. I always want to ask those people; How did you get to the point where you feel your actions have no effect on anyone else? Do you know that NOBODY wants to hear what you're putting out yet we all can hear it? Why does it feel as if, when you receive the appropriate look of irritation from people around you because of your noise intrusion, you're ready to fight over it? It's almost exclusively men and some idiotic impressions of "disrespect".