The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

The after party looks. There are 20 photos in all. Click into the first one and the names are at the bottom on the page. Then page right.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Karman Elektra somehow still kicking on the red carpet.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:48 am Karman Elektra somehow still kicking on the red carpet.
I thought she looked a bit rough around the edges but she's lived a life.

Can we talk about Megan Fox though?
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Oploskoffie Netherlands

Post by Oploskoffie »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:16 am Can we talk about Megan Fox though?
I was like "fine, let's talk about Megan..." And then I thought she wasn't in any of the pictures. And then, well... Oh dear...
My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Todays news of the stupid ignorant uneducated uninformed

Conservatives Schooled After Claiming Netflix 'Turned' Alexander The Great 'Gay' For Docuseries
After anti-woke conservatives complained on social media about the new Netflix docuseries 'Alexander: The Making of a God' and how it portrays his same-sex relationships with men, people pointed out that Alexander the Great had lovers of both sexes.
Alan Herrera
Feb. 07, 2024

Netflix

Netflix's latest historical series, Alexander: The Making of a God, is facing criticism from conservative circles for its portrayal of the ancient Greek king, Alexander the Great, engaging in same-sex relationships.

The controversy erupted on social media, with prominent right-wing accounts, such as End Wokeness, condemning the series for "turning" Alexander gay "within the first 8 minutes."

Historians note that Alexander had both sexual and romantic relationships with men and women, including his general and bodyguard, Hephaestion.

In particular, the University of Cambridge Museums & Botanic Garden website recounts that Alexander mourned Hephaestion's death intensely, highlighting the deep emotional bond between them:

"Throughout his life, Alexander married 3 women and fathered at least 2 children but also had several male lovers. Amongst his closest relationships was that with his general and bodyguard Hephaestion, with their relationship often compared by ancient authors to that of the Homeric heroes Patroclus & Achilles who were considered to be a couple in classical literature."

"Alexander, upon his conquering of Persia, is said to have taken King Darius’ eunuch Bagoas as his lover."
"Hephaestion unfortunately perished from fever the year before Alexander’s death – Alexander was said to be devastated & ‘lay weeping on his comrade for a day & night before being pried away’. He cut his hair in mourning and staged elaborate funeral games to honour him."

These facts escaped conservatives who lashed out at Netflix.

(...)

Interestingly, these same facts did not escape Jacob Chansley—known widely as the "QAnon Shaman" for his participation in the January 6 insurrection—who issued the following response:

"Just FYI from my reading of history, Alexander the Great was a well known bisexual who actually preferred men."

End Wokeness' post drew almost immediate ridicule.
@nottherealtraceydelaney
@TraceyDelaney
·
Follow
The Right are losing their minds because apparently they don’t know that Alexander The Great was famously bisexual. 🤣
“I love the poorly educated” - Trump
This isn't the first time Alexander's sexuality has triggered controversy.

In 2004, director Oliver Stone faced legal threats from Greek lawyers over his film Alexander, which depicted the king as bisexual. The lawyers argued that the film was defamatory and called for a disclaimer stating that it was a work of fiction.

Actor Colin Farrell, who portrayed Alexander in Stone's film, acknowledged the challenges of depicting historical relationships accurately. He revealed that filmmakers had considered including more same-sex content but were cautious about alienating homophobic audiences.

Alexander: The Making of a God is currently one of Netflix's most popular shows according to the streaming service’s public ranking system. The series consists of just six episodes, covering just a fraction of Alexander's life.

Netflix has not confirmed whether it has ordered a second season of the series.

https://www.comicsands.com/conservative ... 83930.html

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Remember that rag collection that Dolce and Gabbana called a gown Fantasia wore at the start of the red carpet season? The woman has not looked back. This is the best I've ever seen her look and I hope she hasn't peaked too soon because the Oscars are coming but :notworthy: to whoever is styling her now. This is a lot of dress and she's wearing it not the other way around.

This longer jacket look is one I've seen in K-dramas for almost a year now. In Korea they add another tier/jacket and wear the long jacket open on top of it. I think Louis Vuitton did a good job adapting the look for a thicker built European man. It's very slimming on Cooper. I can't bitch about the longer sleeve since it's now a thing.

Both are winners here.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Someone will have to explain this to me. And according to comments this is permanent and extremely painful. He was most likely unconscious during the procedure.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Don´t they know that: YOU WILL GROW OLD, IDIOT. Let's see how that looks when you turn 40.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Austin Butler in both traditional and new men's looks. He's wearing both to perfection.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

If you're wondering what his finger gesture means. I can't do it to save my life.

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Butler looks like he has a posture issue in those photos - his head, and neck are quite a bit forward.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:07 am Butler looks like he has a posture issue in those photos - his head, and neck are quite a bit forward.
Now that you mention it I can't unsee it. Does it look worse in the blue brushed silk pics than in the black suit to you?
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:46 am
skatingfan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:07 am Butler looks like he has a posture issue in those photos - his head, and neck are quite a bit forward.
Now that you mention it I can't unsee it. Does it look worse in the blue brushed silk pics than in the black suit to you?
Yes, and I think the structure of the shirt with the high closed collar, and neck tie are forcing him to lift his head. Leaning your head forward with a neck tie on is very uncomfortable.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I wonder if incessantly leaning over your phone, through the physically formative years of puberty, can create this kind of effect Butler seems to have?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I would agree with you Owen if it wasn't for the way he's holding his head in the black suit. It has a more traditional shirt and jacket collar and he seems to be holding his head in a more natural position.

I haven't posted pics here but these four people - Butler, Chalamet, Zendaya and Florence Pugh have been on a press tour that makes me tired just reading about it. Most of the pics focus on Zendaya and Chalamet but now I'm going to look for Butler.

Shakes fist at Owen! :lol: