The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
mmmm8

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by mmmm8 »

I used to have this issue on TAT 1.0 on my work computer and it was because of security settings our IT department imposed - I would get logged out of some sites but not all sites if I exited the browser. Of course, if you're having this issue on your personal phone as well as the work laptop, shouldn't be related.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Will test some of this out tonight if I have time...appreciate people looking into it, it's getting to the "annoying" stage :)
:steven:
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

For what it's worth...using the old family laptop. Was still logged in despite me not using TAT on it for a couple of months. Has not logged out no matter what I click on. So definitely can't rule out just my work PC deciding to kick me off TAT repeatedly.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. PLANNED DOWNTIME

Post by ponchi101 »

I have received this mail from our server provider:
COPY
Dear,
We will perform a scheduled server maintenance on 06/09/2021 (6th of September, 2021) from 08:00 to 09:00 UTC time.
Your website or web application will be affected with a downtime of around 60 minutes.
Reason: We will be upgrading software in order to improve the performance.

Respectfully,

The Hostinger Team
END COPY

Therefore, we will be down for around 1 hour on September 6th, 4-5 AM EDT.
Suicide pools should not be interrupted because at that time the few people that will remain will be probably being slaughtered, but, remember, if this downtime extends more than usual, follow instructions and e-mail your pick.
If anything else I will keep you posted.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Did something update today?

The main forum screen looked different (did not earlier today)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Can you be more specific? Hostinger (not us) updated software yesterday, but I am not noticing. Maybe you are seeing something else.
txs

Post by Fastbackss »

The "new posts" on top of the forum menu have doubled from 5 (ish - I admit I never counted) to 10. Also the font appears to be smaller (and different)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok. I see. Recent posts are a personal settings, but I did touch a few settings today as we were having a question about POLLS. So, you can customize that setting in your User Control Panel and decide where to have it. I have mine on the side, and have it set at 7 posts, which are only the unread ones.
Hope it is not bothering you :thumbsup:

Post by Fastbackss »

Nope!

And I'll mess with it. Thank you!
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Looks like the chat section has disappeared, and the forum front page is condensed. I like the new look.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Things in my 'Recent Topics' got screwed up this afternoon (Tuesday). Some recent posts were no longer appearing in my 'Recent Topics'.
Even now, this topic (technical questions) does not appear at all in my 'Recent Topics', even though 'skatingfan' posted here only about 20 minutes ago. So it should be at the top - or very near the top - of my 'Recent Topics' box, but it is not listed at all.

These omissions from my 'Recent Topics' seem random. Some topics from the 'Grand Slam' section are listed in my 'Recent Topics' box, and others which should be there (according to the time of the last post in each topic) are not listed in my 'Recent Topics' box at all.

It's bizarre, and I can't figure out any particular pattern to the omissions. But it was during Leylah's match that this all began - suddenly some topics which were in my 'Recent Topics' box just disappeared from there. I can still find them in their particular sections (like 'Grand Slams'), but they no longer appear in my 'Recent Topics' box.

That's the best way I can describe what's happening.

EDIT - (And, again - I just submitted this post and checked my 'Recent Topics' box, and this topic is not there. I refreshed the page several times to be sure - it made no difference. Normally, after I submit a post, it shows up at the top of my 'Recent Topics' box. But that's not happening now - but only with some topics. Bizarre.)
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I've just noticed that part of the issue may be that when I click on a topic in my 'Recent Topics' box, and so read the most recent posts there, when I go back to the 'Board Index', that topic is no longer listed in my 'Recent Topics' box.
This was never the case before - regardless of whether I had read the most recent posts or not, all the topics with the most recent posts remained listed in my 'Recent Topics' box. I liked it much better that way.

I've cleared all my 'cookies' from this site, and it makes no difference.

I've gone to the 'user control panel' to see if the update or whatever automatically changed the settings for my 'Recent Topics' box... but I cannot find any settings for the 'Recent Topics' box. I know the settings used to be there - at least to set it to 'on the top' or 'on the side' - but I don't see that anymore. I've looked for 30 minutes in all of the 'compartments' of the 'user control panel', and I see absolutely nothing related to 'Recent Topics'.
Was that removed for some reason in the update?

Remember, ponchi, that we determined several months ago that your 'user control panel' is different from ours - with different settings - because you're an administrator.
For example - you wrote above: "Recent posts are a personal settings, but I did touch a few settings today as we were having a question about POLLS. So, you can customize that setting in your User Control Panel and decide where to have it. I have mine on the side, and have it set at 7 posts, which are only the unread ones."
Well, I now don't appear to have any of these settings. I see no settings to place it on the side or top, I see no settings for the number to be displayed, and I see no settings to display read or unread. I see no settings at all related to Recent Topics. If I could see such settings, I would 'play' with them to see if I can undo what was done during Leylah's match.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I found this here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... 2/faq/2216
The settings on the bottom for 'Recent Topics' - I no longer have that in my 'user control panel'. I believe that's where the problem lies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.I.P. Amal...

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

My apologies to all.
The RECENT topics menu is indeed not showing for lots of people. The contributor of that extension has issued an update, which I believe would be the best way to solve that problem. However, as installation is ALWAYS tricky, I would like to know if you prefer that I install it ON MONDAY, after the USO is done. Were something to happen these days, I gather that the people still alive in the SP's would have perfect grounds for prosecution, and the rest of us are having chats and talks about tennis.
Your opinions are welcome (actually, desired). And again, sorry for this bug. I really can't find what I did that put that extension out of synch.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I vote for Monday. Just in case.