The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
JTContinental United States of America

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by JTContinental »

I also vote for Monday

For the record, I also am having the issue of the topic I most recently made a comment not appearing in the sidebar
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I vote Monday as well. Every now and then I see the sidebar.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Is there a way to reset things and simply revert to how things were before the bug messed things up? Like similar to Windows Restore, where you can restore things to the last time when everything was properly functional.
If that's possible, it would seem to be the best thing to do now - and then deal with the various updates, etc. when the U.S. Open is finished.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I already tried the RESET function. It is not working.
I can do a restore but it includes data. We would miss our posts from the last several days, from the point that has all capabilities running.
Update will have to be, on Monday.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Monday.

Originally, I thought Tuesday due to the fact that the ATP final would be discussed a lot especially if Djokovic wins 21.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I can do it late Monday ;) There is NFL at that time.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

I'm noticing that the sidebar only shows up if their are posts I haven't read. If I've read everything then the sidebar disappears.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

skatingfan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:04 am I'm noticing that the sidebar only shows up if their are posts I haven't read. If I've read everything then the sidebar disappears.
That is part of a possible setting. If there are UNREAD posts, they are in the RECENT TOPICS, otherwise the bar disappears. It is customizable.
So, for you, the bar is working.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. UPDATE SEPT 13 2021

Post by ponchi101 »

Hello all.
As you know, I recently went over my head tried to be smarter than I am screwed up the forum's database did something with the forum. For several of you, you were no able to customize the RECENT TOPICS ribbon, which meant it was not showing for you, or you were not able to customize it. I have installed a new version, and found out the little toggle button which I should not have clicked the settings so you can restore your settings to your preferences. I should be taken off the command of this forum apologize for that, but I hope that you can again customize the Recent Topics ribbon to your pleasure.
PLEASE. IF IT IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, DON'T PM ME: POST A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PROBLEM HERE, WITH A CAPTION IF POSSIBLE, BECAUSE IF IT IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, IT IS NOT WORKING FOR OTHERS. I can "usurp" your profiles (meaning, I can navigate the forum as if I were you, which is scary enough as it is, )but that function has limitations. I rather hear from you.

NEW FEATURE.
We have a separation now between TOPICS, ANNOUNCEMENTS and STICKIES. To recap:
Topics are what your are used to.
Stickies: these will NOT BE PRUNED, no matter what happens. Both admins can prune them (if you want to) and the original poster can delete them, but the good thing is that they stick out and are easily seen,
ANNOUNCEMENTS. If you want to post a topic that will expire in a determined time, this is the type. You can set for how long you want that to run. I will start using that more frequently.

Again, sorry for the recent inconveniences, and I hope the forum is working better now before you demand that Tog takes over. Please let me know how things are looking. :thumbsup:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I now have my settings back for the 'Recent Topics' box, and I can set it to show all recently posted in topics, not just the unread ones. In that sense, it is like it was before the bug messed it up last week.
But...

Before last week's bug messed things up, when I clicked on a topic within the 'Recent Topics' box, I was taken directly to the first unread post in that topic.
Now, when I click on a topic within the 'Recent Topics' box, I am always taken to post #1 in the topic. From there, I can click on 'First Unread Post' to get to the first post that I've not yet read... but previously, I did not have to make this extra step - I was immediately taken to the first unread post when I clicked on the topic.

I've looked in the User Control Panel for some sort of setting whereby I could put it back to the way it was, but I haven't found any such setting.
Have I missed something?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. Navigation

Post by ponchi101 »

The title should take you to the FIRST POST of the topic.
The ICON should take you to the FIRST UNREAD post.
The red arrow takes you to the LAST post.
Screenshot 2021-09-13 215215.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Ok, thanks.
But I swear that, prior to the bug last week, I was clicking on the topic title in the 'Recent Posts' box, and that always took me directly to the first unread post. I never clicked on the icon before.
And once I had seen the first unread post in the topic, if I clicked on the topic title within the 'Recent Posts' box again a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time, etc., it would take me directly to the last post in the topic.
I thought that was the default setting, because I don't recall changing anything with those functions.

I suppose I can achieve almost the same thing now - just via a different path (clicking the icon now instead of the title to get to the first unread post) - so I'll just have to get used to clicking the icon, I guess.
R.I.P. Amal...

patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Why is mchat at top of page?
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

patrick wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:21 pm Why is mchat at top of page?
That happened to me as well, but it is easy to move it from the User Control Panel.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

patrick wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:21 pm Why is mchat at top of page?
Because, in typical management fashion, the person in charge of this website should NOT be in charge of this website (get it? Management?) and while I was fooling around, I did something that I don't what was (management) and I had to disable the mChat and enable it again, And when I enabled it, the default is on top.
Got to UCP, and you will find a mChat tab, and there you can switch it back to the bottom.
Sorry,
The Management :cry: