2021 French Open Suicide Draw Pool: Update ATP Results

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

2021 French Open Suicide Draw Pool: Update ATP Results

Post by dave g »

Congratulations to the 21 players surviving all the way to the third round and the updated results thread.

Bankerb4 DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro FRITZ Taylor KARATSEV Aslan RUUD Casper SINNER Jannik GARIN Cristian BERRETTINI Matteo ZVEREV Alexander SCHWARTZMAN Diego MEDVEDEV Daniil
Casperpod Garin Ruud KARATSEV DAVIDOVICH FOKINA SINNER CARRENO BUSTA BERRETTINI Medvedev SCHWARTZMAN ZVEREV
dave g Carreno Busta Ruud Karatsev Fognini Musetti Garin Sinner Medvedev Schwartzman Zverev
Deelighted2 DAVIDOVICH FOKINA FRITZ BEDENE Aljaz CARRENO BUSTA SCHWARTZMAN FOGNINI
Elchie NISHIKORI Kei KOEPFER Dominik GER CECCHINATO Marco ITA DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro ESP SCHWARTZMAN Diego ARG [10] CARRENO BUSTA Pablo BERRETTINI Matteo ITA [9] MEDVEDEV Daniil STRUFF Jan-Lennard
Esquared88 Nishikori Krajinovic Gasquet Davidovich Fokina Sinner Garin Berrettini Medvedev Schwartzman Zverev
Federex DAVIDOVICH FOKINA KOEPFER Dominik CECCHINATO CARRENO BUSTA SINNER GARIN BERRETTINI MEDVEDEV SCHWARTZMAN ZVEREV
Gunner NISHIKORI Kei JPN PAUL Tommy USA CECCHINATO Marco ITA GARIN Cristian STRUFF Jan-Lennard GER CARRENO BUSTA Pablo ESP [12] BERRETTINI Matteo ITA [9] MEDVEDEV Daniil SCHWARTZMAN Diego ZVEREV Alexander GER [6]
Hoangers DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro Sinner Karatsev Aslan CARRENO BUSTA Pablo SCHWARTZMAN Diego RUUD Casper
Jatagen Nishikori Paul Cecchinato DAVIDOVICH FOKINA SCHWARTZMAN Garin Sinner Medvedev struff
Jeff from TX Carreno Busta Paul Cecchinato DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro Schwartzman Diego Garin Cristian Sinner Medvedev Struff
Jumpfroggy DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro DELBONIS BEDENE Aljaz CARRENO BUSTA MUSETTI GARIN SINNER MEDVEDEV SCHWARTZMAN ZVEREV
Karlovicfanclub Nishikori Alcaraz Cecchinato Davidovich Fokina Norrie Garin Sinner Medvedev Schwartzman Zverev
Lauriejo NISHIKORI Kei OPELKA Reilly KARATSEV Aslan DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro SINNER Jannik ITA RUUD Casper
Liamvalid Fognini Isner Cuevas Carreno Busta Federer NISHIKORI Kei Sinner Davidovich Fokina Schwartzman Zverev
Nycguy2662 Nishikori KOEPFER KARATSEV DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Sinner GARIN Federer DELBONIS
Patmanmo Nishikori Koepfer Dominik Karatsev Aslan DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro Sinner Jannik CARRENO BUSTA Pablo Berrettini Matteo Tsitsipas Stefanos Schwartzman Diego Zverev Alexander
Sdduck1097 Nishikori Paul Cecchinato Carreno Busta Sinner Nishikori Berretinni Tsitsipas
Sh79 Nishikori Kei Munar Jaume CECCHINATO Marco DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro SINNER Jannik CARRENO BUSTA Pablo SCHWARTZMAN Diego MEDVEDEV Daniil STRUFF JAN-Lennard
Slamdog Nishikori Kei Isner John Karatsev A Carreno-Busta Sinner Fognini
Weefunk Nishikori MAJCHRZAK Kamil CECCHINATO Marco DAVIDOVICH FOKINA Alejandro SINNER Jannik GARIN Cristian BERRETTINI Matteo MEDVEDEV Daniil SCHWARTZMAN Diego ZVEREV Alexander

Honorary_medal

Re: 2021 French Open Suicide Draw Pool: Update ATP Results

Post by dave g »

Day 6 Pick Summary

Start: 21
No Picks: 0

Carreno Busta 5
Fognini 2
Garin 10
Nishikori 2
Ruud 2

Dead: 4
Survivors: 17
hoangers United States of America

Post by hoangers »

I was so excited to have made it to the updated thread. Only to see that Ruud (my pick) lost today! So sad :(. See you next time guys! Best of luck to the rest of you!

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Day 7 Pick Summary
Start: 17

Berettini 9
Federer 1

Schwartzman 1
Sinner 6

Dead: 0
Survivors: 17

Congratulations on not having anybody die. :yahoo:
Consider how the tournament has been going, this is a major surprise.

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

I suspect that everyone will survive today.
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

Hypothetical question as I will probably go out with my Fokina pick today. But I picked Federer in early round, and have saved Berrettini as I expected them to meet in their part of the draw and I was going to pick Berrettini to win. So if Roger withdraws as he is insinuating he will, is that match still available to pick as I will still have Berrettini in play, or will we be forced to pick from another match?
Mary, queen of shots

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Liamvalid wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:54 am Hypothetical question as I will probably go out with my Fokina pick today. But I picked Federer in early round, and have saved Berrettini as I expected them to meet in their part of the draw and I was going to pick Berrettini to win. So if Roger withdraws as he is insinuating he will, is that match still available to pick as I will still have Berrettini in play, or will we be forced to pick from another match?
To be honest, I really don't know. I haven't encountered this situation before. I sent a message to someone with more experience with suicide draw pools. When I get the response, I'll let people know.

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Day 8 Pick Summary
Start: 17

Davidovich Fokina 1
Delbonis 1
Medvedev 12
Tsitsipas 2
Zverev 1

Minimum Death: 1 Davidovich Fokina is playing Delbonis

New Dead: 1
Old Dead: 1 (repeated pick)

Surviving 15

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

dave g wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:06 am
Liamvalid wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:54 am Hypothetical question as I will probably go out with my Fokina pick today. But I picked Federer in early round, and have saved Berrettini as I expected them to meet in their part of the draw and I was going to pick Berrettini to win. So if Roger withdraws as he is insinuating he will, is that match still available to pick as I will still have Berrettini in play, or will we be forced to pick from another match?
To be honest, I really don't know. I haven't encountered this situation before. I sent a message to someone with more experience with suicide draw pools. When I get the response, I'll let people know.
Here is the answer I got:
"If the player withdraws, the match is not pickable. If he withdraws after you start the thread but before play starts on that day, players choosing from that match would be responsible for changing their pick. If he withdraws after play starts, those picking Federer would be eliminated and the Berrettini pickers would advance."
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

In the past in such situations Berrettini would not be available.
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

Thanks all. I have been on the wrong end of withdrawals so many times before, I was hoping that for once it might play in my favour. Looks like these things really are designed to torture us!
Mary, queen of shots
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

On another note, I’m surprised at the amount of Medvedev pickers. After watching Garin a few times recently I’d pick him if I had to pick from that match
Mary, queen of shots
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Now Federer should be fined! maybe made to do an extra press conference! can he be allowed to treat the FO like a practice event?
weefunk United States of America

Post by weefunk »

I was hoping Schwartzman would lose tomorrow, we would all pick him, and all be co-winners after Day 9. But alas, four players have already used him, so they'll have to select someone else.

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Day 9 pick summary
Start: 15

Schwartzman 11
Struff 4

Dead 4
Survivors 11