Injury and Illness

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Injury and Illness

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:15 pm
skatingfan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:25 am Hurbert Hurkacz is also out of the Olympics because of the knee injury he suffered at Wimbledon.
I just hope Ponchi101 does not read that because he has this new thing that grass has become way too dangerous and this will just make him flip.
And you know how he gets...
:lol:
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:15 pm I just hope Ponchi101 does not read that because he has this new thing that grass has become way too dangerous and this will just make him flip.
And you know how he gets...
Maybe we should ban him before the grass season next year? :lol:
Oploskoffie Netherlands

Post by Oploskoffie »

Anyone see or hear what happened with Azarenka yesterday? I'm reading something about a "leg injury" but there's a lot of parts in that lower limb so...
Hell is other people, particularly your neighbours.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Oploskoffie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:18 pm Anyone see or hear what happened with Azarenka yesterday? I'm reading something about a "leg injury" but there's a lot of parts in that lower limb so...
One of those "How could that happen?" injuries. She served, landed on her right leg, immediately grabbed her thigh.
There seemed to be nothing wrong happening. But I saw her match the day before and she was already grabbing her legs. So, maybe it was a final stress on an injury.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Oploskoffie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:18 pm Anyone see or hear what happened with Azarenka yesterday? I'm reading something about a "leg injury" but there's a lot of parts in that lower limb so...
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:02 pm
One of those "How could that happen?" injuries. She served, landed on her right leg, immediately grabbed her thigh.
There seemed to be nothing wrong happening. But I saw her match the day before and she was already grabbing her legs. So, maybe it was a final stress on an injury.
I didn't see what happened later in the match, but Azarenka was irritated from early on. She served second, and stopped playing in the middle of the second game of the match because she was upset about the conditions. The match got moved to a smaller court because of the rain, and there was hole in the schedule when other matches finished early, and so this was the only match for the crowd to watch. This caused a problem because when the coaches arrived it was difficult for them to find seats. Then Azarenka was upset about the music from the concourse, and the smoke from the food vendors, and refused to continue play. She sat down, used a few choice words to describe the situation, and demanded a supervisor be called to the court. The music was turned off, and since the delay seemed like it might be a while I left because I had dinner plans.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Cirstea is suffering from plantar fasciitis, whatever that is ..taking a break, it seems. Hope she gets better soon.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Super painful symptoms on the soles of your feet. Basically derailed the career of Joaquin Noah (NBA star, son of Yannick).
It takes a long time to recover from that.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:29 pm Super painful symptoms on the soles of your feet. Basically derailed the career of Joaquin Noah (NBA star, son of Yannick).
Sounds bad..sorry for her.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:29 pm Super painful symptoms on the soles of your feet. Basically derailed the career of Joaquin Noah (NBA star, son of Yannick).
I have it. It's no joke when it flares up.
Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of the plantar fascia, tissue in the foot used during walking and foot movement. Plantar fasciitis can be caused by a number of factors, including type of shoes, foot structure, overuse and types of walking surfaces. The main symptom of plantar fasciitis is heel pain.

Plantar Fasciitis | Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I had this a few years ago and it took me 6 months before I could run again without pain.