TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by ti-amie »

"Seychelles" posted this on another site

Just some hints for a lot of posters here that seem to be not familiarised with the local (Romanian) traditions:
1. This wasn't the "main wedding" though it legally marked the family founding. So it's called " the civil wedding" and usually the bride's dress may not be white, still some light colors (pale tones) are recommended.
2. The "main wedding" is a religious wedding and the pair are not allowed to this event if the civil wedding is not officialized. They need to come to the priest with the proof they are legally married (there is a so-called "marriage certificate").
3. The party after the religious ceremonial is by far the most important. After the civil wedding, they organize just a smaller party (Simona and her husband had now "only" 300 invitees).
4. Most of the people go for the religious wedding right after the civil wedding (later in the day or the very next day) but there are exceptions given by some hindrances that may occur in the program of the bride and/or the groom. On the orthodox Christians, the religious wedding is on a Sunday that is out of a fasting period.
5. During the religious wedding the bride is dressed in white and the dress is carefully selected and adjusted a long way before the event.
6. Unlike the Catholics, the Orthodox Church allows divorced people to be married again if it's somehow proven that they were not "guilty" for divorcing the previous time(s).
7. Guess they were not going for the religious wedding right now because of the COVID restrictions and maybe they planned to do it next summer when they can invite more persons from abroad because the traveling restrictions will be diminished.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Looks cute

Svitolina

Pliskova

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Svitolina is now signed with Hublot? I think to recall she was signed with Audemars-Piguet. Well, there is nowhere higher to go than Hublot so, she is doing fine, watches-wise. The rest of her life too.
Nice dog, karo.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

On top of everything, it seems that Miss Raducanu is a very well grounded person:
Emma Raducanu: 'I'll leave £1.8m prize money for parents to sort out'

I know, I know, I know. That course of financial action has been disastrous for some other players, but the interview reads like a vey reasonable person. She might become a fave off court too. Might.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:01 pm On top of everything, it seems that Miss Raducanu is a very well grounded person:

I know, I know, I know. That course of financial action has been disastrous for some other players, but the interview reads like a vey reasonable person. She might become a fave off court too. Might.
I believe both of her parents work in Finance, so this probably makes a lot of sense.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I missed the pic Elina posted for her birthday. Very nicely done and she looks like she looks in it.

I'm not sure the full picture can be seen in the Tweet.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:01 pm On top of everything, it seems that Miss Raducanu is a very well grounded person:

My take away from that was that she's got a privileged background, not that she's grounded. She might be grounded and she's certainly seemed very likable ever since Wimbledon, but that wasn't my takeaway here. Money being an afterthought is quite the privilege and it seems as if that's the case with her, likely from both her family background and the support she gets from the LTA.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:58 pm Svitolina is now signed with Hublot? I think to recall she was signed with Audemars-Piguet. Well, there is nowhere higher to go than Hublot so, she is doing fine, watches-wise. The rest of her life too.
Nice dog, karo.
Maybe she was with them some time ago, but Elina's been with Hublot for a few years. This isn't a new announcement, but a visit to the HQ. At most, she's re-signed with them.

And I feel like Rolex is still the most coveted watch sponsorship for tennis, though obviously that has nothing to do with watch brand you prefer.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Here Emma with dad

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Olympia is going to be tall like her father, grandfather, and Venus.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Sabalenka

Osorio Serrano

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:18 pm Olympia is going to be tall like her father, grandfather, and Venus.
Here there entire family earlier this year

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

A couple of beach photos...

Paula Badosa

Martina Trevisan

Petra Kvitova

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »