C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
JazzNU United States of America

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by JazzNU »

Yes, actually, all of the recent positives have been affecting mostly Olympians, so several have been posted there and not here including Konta, Evans, and De Minaur in case anyone missed those.

Matt Reid could've been posted here, but I mentioned it in relation to De Minaur (his doubles partner at Wimbledon).
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I wonder is it because others are not testing currently and they all asymptomatic.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Translated from French by Google
Many are resuming their activities in 2021 and Françoise Abanda is happy to be part of this list.

@Paul6Rivard covers the very positive return to the game of the young Canadian in her latest blog post:
Link in the tweet
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Konta has not been vaccinated for COVID-19.

“I’m definitely not against it, by no means,” Konta said. “I think, obviously, now I’m not advised to get vaccinated quite yet. I think it’ll give me a little bit of time to also see where the world is, how everything is going and then I’ll make a personal choice on kind of when and how and where and all those things.”
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I've said for a while now that I see definite behaviour parallels between Djokovic (and his father) and Tsitsipas (and his father).

Here's one more...
Tsitsipas Won't Take Vaccine Unless it's Mandatory

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

It's amazing how these young men (excluding Djokovic) can't see the forest for the trees. They lead lives focused on one thing and one thing only but at some point shouldn't someone pull them aside and talk to them? I thought he was too intelligent to be in the anti vax camp.

Tennis can't do what the NFL did because the sport is structured differently.

Deuce I hope you're wrong about him. There has to be a new jack I can support.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

What sort of education they have? Not to deride them, but they have been dedicated solely to tennis from such a young age. Maybe they really have no grasp on the science and medical definitions behind all this.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

With the amount and depth of information very widely available regarding vaccines and masking and distancing, etc., I don't see how anyone can be legitimately ignorant about the best practices to follow to protect oneself from the virus - unless it's a very voluntary ignorance.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dmforever

Post by dmforever »

So so so so so very stupid. There are many many cases of very fit, young people getting super sick and even dying. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Plus, tennis players get viruses all the time, just like the general population does. How many tennis players have had to take time off because of mono? The flu?

I just can't. :(

Kevin
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:14 pm
ti-amie wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:21 pm
Apart from the obvious - that these two statements are both idiotic and (voluntarily) ignorant... if young tennis players are so "super healthy" and "super fit", how come half of them can't get through a match without taking a medical time-out?
R.I.P. Amal...

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Apparently, the English language press didn't pick up the full stupidity of what Tsisipas said because he also said, per Greek media...

"For us young people I think it's good to pass the virus because we'll build immunity. I don't see it as something bad."

https://www-sdna-gr.translate.goog/teni ... =ajax,elem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

"Everyone has his own opinions".
Yes, which does not preclude people from having stupid opinions.
As I wrote in the POST BIG 3 topic, the reasons why NOT to be a Stefanos fan have nothing to do with his game, but with his dumb off court persona.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mmmm8 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:24 pm Apparently, the English language press didn't pick up the full stupidity of what Tsisipas said because he also said, per Greek media...

"For us young people I think it's good to pass the virus because we'll build immunity. I don't see it as something bad."

https://www-sdna-gr.translate.goog/teni ... =ajax,elem