Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

I still address anybody I meet as "Sir" or "Ma'am" (when in English. "Señor" y "Señora" in Spanish).
Just a side bar of how old I am.
I would say the custom went out of style around when some cartoons came in the air. One was about a family and the other was about two kids with lower-than-average intelligence (I can't remember their names) ;)
(I'll go yell at some clouds now)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:32 pm I still address anybody I meet as "Sir" or "Ma'am" (when in English. "Señor" y "Señora" in Spanish).
Just a side bar of how old I am.
I would say the custom went out of style around when some cartoons came in the air. One was about a family and the other was about two kids with lower-than-average intelligence (I can't remember their names) ;)
(I'll go yell at some clouds now)
Old habits die hard. The clouds are lovely today. :D
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The VP wasn't having it.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Andy Kaczynski
@KFILE
A dark money group connected to Elon Musk is targeting Arab Americans and Jewish voters through ads promoting contradictory messages about Kamala Harris’s stance on Middle East policies.

In Michigan, which has a significant Arab and Muslim population, the PAC runs digital ads portraying Harris as a steadfast supporter of Israel. Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, Jewish voters are being targeted with ads claiming that Harris has been “pandering” to Palestinians.

https://t.co/xPlh2ujNHI

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Bret Baier's repeatedly extending his arm in a palm-toward-and-down dynamic is a nonverbal effort to tell VP Harris to 'shut-up', 'you've said enough about this topic', and 'I have the floor now'.

This particular moment was captured immediately after the Vice President corrected Baier with regard to Trump's true intent and his desire to punish who he perceives to be "the enemy within".

This body language display is commonly exhibited by misogynists and manipulative individuals who are not interested in dialog, discourse, or others' opinions. Their minds are closed. Many find this a triggering behavior to witness – even if it's displayed toward others.

Although not a required component of this emotional display cluster, Baier's close eyelids simultaneous with an elevated forehead amplify his underlying message.
#BodyLanguageExpert #BrettBaier #KamalaHarris #BodyLanguage

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Gigi Jenn
@jennauville

Operation “Just let him talk” worked brilliantly.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »