The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
mmmm8

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by mmmm8 »

Pretty shocking on Bill and Melinda Gates to me, they've been working together (literally on their foundation, not just figuratively) for so long.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Someone snarked that their divorce announcement was more of a PSA so that the organizations they fund wouldn't panic. This is not going to be a Bezos situation.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Does anyone know why? I mean for a man his size Lebron moves very well but what is the context?

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I am going to be a total jerk here and claim expertise on this area (with tips from my GF, who is).
That song was a frigging scorcher in S. America. It is a type of Salsa called "Erotic Salsa"; the title, taking in context, translates to "Eat me alive again", or "Wolf me alive again". "Devorame" is devour. This thing was played in any and all dark discos in S. America, places where you really, really did not go with your girlfriend (and paid in cash). It was hugely successful.
About LJ: The man can dance. The man has swagger, and he should find a copy of Tom Jones "the Lead and how to Swing it". I can tell you, he dances 1,000 times better than I do (I can't dance for squat).
Too bad he always plays for teams that I dislike. Off the court, I take my hat off.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

It's a Mountain Dew ad

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Next time I hear somebody say they can't find a girlfriend, I will simply say "Boris Johnson HAS A GIRLFRIEND! It's got to be you...".
Amazing.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:43 am Next time I hear somebody say they can't find a girlfriend, I will simply say "Boris Johnson HAS A GIRLFRIEND! It's got to be you...".
Amazing.
And if the marriage is next year how long will it take for him to find his next girlfriend?
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:43 am Next time I hear somebody say they can't find a girlfriend, I will simply say "Boris Johnson HAS A GIRLFRIEND! It's got to be you...".
Amazing.
Can't find a girlfriend? Where? I have a cousin who said, "I may not be able to find a ham sandwich, but I can find a girlfriend." And though I'm mad at the statement, I also 100% agree with it. Many, many women will overlook just about everything, including residing in a prison, if they like you.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Good for your cousin. But I live in a different place, and I know of people that have said that.
One of my GF's niece's, a gorgeous 26 yo, "can't find a boyfriend". In Miami. I always say: "It not them, it is HER. If she can't find a BF, I wonder what she is looking for".
And of all the topics NOT to get mad about something, this should be high on the list. ;)
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:06 pm Good for your cousin. But I live in a different place, and I know of people that have said that.
One of my GF's niece's, a gorgeous 26 yo, "can't find a boyfriend". In Miami. I always say: "It not them, it is HER. If she can't find a BF, I wonder what she is looking for".
And of all the topics NOT to get mad about something, this should be high on the list. ;)
The problem stated by your GF's niece isn't that she can't find a man, it's that she can't find a boyfriend. Yeah, it's most likely her... not wanting to settle. You've seen the Florida Man stories, right?

Or maybe she's an awful person, no idea.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:06 pm Good for your cousin. But I live in a different place, and I know of people that have said that.
I believe you've misunderstood the sentiment. This is one way. The guy can find a girlfriend anytime he wants one. The girl can't do the same and find a boyfriend on demand. Definitely not interchangeable and definitely not talking about just sex.

You'd be shocked at the number of prison inmates, homeless living in shelters, and unemployed men have girlfriends. It's really something to behold.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I guess the surprising part (to me) is that there are women who find something attractive in them.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I have to really use more emojis when I post my nonsense jokes... ;)
And in that vein:
If all men are the same, but all women are different, how come all of us men will go out with any girl, but no girl will go out with just ANY guy?

(And I AM JOKIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!)