NBA Random

And other things related to basketball
JazzNU United States of America

Re: NBA Random

Post by JazzNU »

Days numbered? He also said he hasn't asked for a trade (throwing a lot of people's credibility into doubt given the specificity of the BS they were peddling yesterday), but this hardly shows confidence in staying.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Don't know if he burned a bridge there, but certainly there are some charges tied to the foundations.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:12 pm Don't know if he burned a bridge there, but certainly there are some charges tied to the foundations.

The shade towards his team mates. I think he may have punched his ticket out.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:04 pm
The shade towards his team mates. I think he may have punched his ticket out.
I'm not sure he'll be going anywhere even with a request. Maybe, but it would have to be very enticing. Like a trade with the Pistons to get Cade or trade with OKC to get a haul of #1 picks to get in on this kid that if he can dribble the ball once in the court will one of the biggest gets in recent memory in next year's draft even if he' proves to be a bust. Dame is all Portland has, so letting him get away is not on the top of the list. More likely they will get aggressive in the trade and draft to help with shaping a better team around him. Dame's also not dumb, he's got to be thinking about where he might land if he demands a trade. OKC ain't it. And Trailblazers will likely want an All-Star in return, not just picks, so who is a legitimate trade partner? Outside of the Sixers, hard to come up with a good one and that's not the ideal one to start with. Pairing Ben with Dame is desirable, not switching them out for one another.

His teammates can be as offended as they want to be. He's not playing with All-Stars and it's a problem for his chances to advance in the playoffs. Period. I think the previous commitments he's shown to the team were based off thinking his teammates would get to that point. But none of them have and he's falling behind other teams. And this is in a year with an injured Warriors team, so understandable that he's not optimistic about his future prospects with his team vs. the others in the West.

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

^^ There were a few times, especially during free agency when Woj said he'd be discussing XYZ and I was interested, but it was on The Jump and I said hell no. If enough were like me, then here we are.

That "apology" was the weakest I've ever seen and I think it's why we're here now. It was just a colossal (expletive) to have her phone in a 10-second "I'm sorry" and dump it off to her black co-workers for 2 minutes. She didn't even try to pretend she was truly sorry, I was shocked at how much she wasn't willing to even fake remorse to save her career. It was just stunningly bad decision-making from her, the producers and the higher ups at ESPN.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:06 pm ^^ There were a few times, especially during free agency when Woj said he'd be discussing XYZ and I was interested, but it was on The Jump and I said hell no. If enough were like me, then here we are.

That "apology" was the weakest I've ever seen and I think it's why we're here now. It was just a colossal (expletive) to have her phone in a 10-second "I'm sorry" and dump it off to her black co-workers for 2 minutes. She didn't even try to pretend she was truly sorry, I was shocked at how much she wasn't willing to even fake remorse to save her career. It was just stunningly bad decision-making from her, the producers and the higher ups at ESPN.
Entitlement. She'll land somewhere on her feet. Or write a book.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

He's done with the Sixers? Isn't it, shouldn't it be the other way around?

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The Sixers, and specially the fans, must be heartbroken. Really.
(Not).
If anybody picks him up it has got to be for pennies.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 pm The Sixers, and specially the fans, must be heartbroken. Really.
(Not).
If anybody picks him up it has got to be for pennies.
Fans are already saying he'll be playing in Shanghai next season.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

So this was in my TL today

As a Dubs fan - no Simmons. He's useless. I agree about Wiggins.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It would be good for the league in that the best 3-point shooting team in the league, regardless of the stats (Steff and Klay, enough said) would get the worst 3-point shooter in the league. Sort of return to the mean ;)
(And no, I really can't see what Simmons could bring to the Warriors, and yes, out with Wiggins).

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Glad to see the NBA didn't fall for this BS exempt request. Can't play at Warriors' home games without the vaccination. We won't miss his selfish, ignorant ass.