Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
dryrunguy

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by dryrunguy »

Adding to the chorus... Right or wrong, I suspect a lot of this has been intentional. How much? I'm not sure. But I agree there is Democratic strategy happening here.

Is it good strategy? We'll know sometime between now and November.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I'd say the best strategy they could have adopted this late in the game. Of course might still not be enough...
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

This election is all about Trump- all Dems have to do is point at him..actually, the best strategy now would be to soak up air time with some drama around the nomination, and let Trump rave and rant ..Remember, Biden didn't get elected because people thought he would make a great President, they just knew he wasn't Trump
KH's slogan should be ' No to Project 2025'
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I hope Harris has the ovaries to get nasty in her descriptions of him, his policies, his treatment of women, his convictions, his unending lies, his denigration of every single group of people in this country who aren't loyal to him. There is no playing nice, I need brutal honest assessments of him from every non maga candidate.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:51 am I hope Harris has the ovaries to get nasty in her descriptions of him, his policies, his treatment of women, his convictions, his unending lies, his denigration of every single group of people in this country who aren't loyal to him. There is no playing nice, I need brutal honest assessments of him from every non maga candidate.
But remember she is a woman, Americans don't like aggressive women ..maybe get a Veep candidate to be tough and nasty ..
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:51 am I hope Harris has the ovaries to get nasty in her descriptions of him, his policies, his treatment of women, his convictions, his unending lies, his denigration of every single group of people in this country who aren't loyal to him. There is no playing nice, I need brutal honest assessments of him from every non maga candidate.
So far, it looks like Pete Buttigieg is the Harris campaign's designated pit bull. But there's room for more than one. :D
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

The NY Times is reporting that Bob Menendez will (finally) resign from the U.S. Senate at the end of August.

Why wait?!?!?!?
Last edited by dryrunguy on Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owendonovan United States of America

Re:

Post by Owendonovan »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:24 pm The NY Times is reporting that Bob Menendez will (finally) resign from the U.S. Senate at the end of August.

Why what?!?!?!?
He's learned nothing from how trump deals with these situations. He should stay as long as his endless appeals drag on.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re:

Post by ti-amie »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:24 pm The NY Times is reporting that Bob Menendez will (finally) resign from the U.S. Senate at the end of August.

Why wait?!?!?!?
After the convention.

The VP choice will have been made, from the looks of things the current VP will be the nominee, and the Dems have time to vet someone who doesn't accept gold bricks for sweetheart deals. :D

Also Mercury is about to go retrograde which makes decision making during that time sus as they say now.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

:D
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Cute! And accurate translation
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I think Vance is perfect for Trump. Young, aggressive, white, isolationist etc.
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:31 am This is just an observation by me and probably means nothing but the people who were screaming the loudest that President Biden had to go have gone radio silent. Not a peep out of them.

I have to say that the way this has been rolled out was surgical. I don't think this was POTUS walking in and throwing up his hands screaming "I'M OUT!" This was a well prepared and implemented strategy.
Think the Democrats waiting until Mr. Delay chose his running mate at RNC. GOP wanted Biden to stay in especially after the debate as they thought, behind close doors, that if Democrats did not name Biden as their candidate, GOP chances of taking over government will be taking a dip.