Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:23 pm
Of course, you will have to trust me on this one but, the moment they lined up to go for it I thought "I hope they are only trying to force a hard count, because it will not work". :)
I thought they'd get it and still think they would've if Josh hadn't lost his footing like that.

Also, neither defense was stopping much at that point. But even had Josh held his footing, the Titans defense on that one play was better than it had been most of the 4th quarter.

But I still think Josh picks up the half a yard. Score? Maybe not, but the first down.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Last: guess who had Josh Allen AND Tyler Bass in his FF team, and lost by 6.92 points? :rofl:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Ah, that's why you thought it was a bad idea :D
:steven:

Post by JazzNU »

Don't let jarring video and a possible concussion fool you into thinking any of that played a part in the dumpster fire performance out of Patrick Mahomes today. He looked awful for 3 and a half quarters before that hit took place.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And, obviously it is tied to his performance, but Hill and Kelce also were unable to do anything.
Dumpster fire is indeed the word. Even the offensive line was putrid. I would say KC has really fallen from elite status (stating the obvious, I know).
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

What has happened to that team? I watch the Red Zone but they stayed long enough at one point to say that this years team is really not what anyone expected. And that was before the hit.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:45 am What has happened to that team? I watch the Red Zone but they stayed long enough at one point to say that this years team is really not what anyone expected. And that was before the hit.
There have been signs that this was going to happen just not quite this bad, but honestly, the football media are Mahomes apologists of the worst order, so objectively critiquing the Chiefs hasn't been high on their list.

The O-line was declining last year. They tried to act like it was about that one player that is a doctor that took the year off to help with fighting covid, but it was never just that. The defense wasn't stopping much last year, and it's obviously even worse this year. I can't remember the exact stat, but it's something along the lines of the Chiefs have only covered their Vegas spread odds once or twice since the beginning of last season. That is just WOW! It's living on the edge. And more of a sign that "experts" shouldn't be that shocked that this was on the horizon.

All it's taken is one spin and throw from Mahomes to Hill to have the football media going all fanboy and forgetting anything they may have said that would resemble criticism, but given it's becoming more glaring now, I'm assuming we'll get more breakdown on what he's doing wrong and adjustments needed. For sure he's forcing the ball too much and entirely too cute entirely too often with the ball. He's also very fast on offense a la Chip Kelly, and that is problematic for defenses as Kelly had to learn the hard way. So we'll see what else is wrong (I think) as the Chiefs odds of making the playoffs continue to drop and actual analysis starts to be done on what's wrong with them.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

I love that daughter is not named and neither is the coach because no one knows them well. This is why Jessica was an idiot to have gotten high and mighty when football media referred to her as Terry's daughter. Hasn't been covered since.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Not surprising. It looked bad on the field.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Indeed, and I say this is not an excuse, but it was also NOT a horse collar tackle. It was on the shoulder.
And somehow the Saints pulled that one out. One good QB performance and they will do fine.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

News that D. Henry may be out for the season with a broken foot. Hard to see the Titans being successful without him.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Von Miller traded to the Rams