Sports Random, Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
Fastbackss United States of America

Re: Sports Random, Random

Post by Fastbackss »

Because you repeated the same positions even after Ptc gave you examples to the contrary.

And yes, you didn't say to stop.

But you expressed a complete unwillingness (in my opinion) to even consider what Ptc was mentioning. You were ready with your canned responses.

I am surprised it wasn't referred to as human cockfighting...
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Fastbackss wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:54 pm Because you repeated the same positions even after Ptc gave you examples to the contrary.

And yes, you didn't say to stop.

But you expressed a complete unwillingness (in my opinion) to even consider what Ptc was mentioning. You were ready with your canned responses.

I am surprised it wasn't referred to as human cockfighting...
If I did what you claim, pt did precisely the same. Once again, it takes two to tango, discuss, debate, etc.
That you 'blame' me only is not only inaccurate, but also very likely a reflection that your position on the subject of UFC is the same as pt's - and so you take 'his side', though we were both very obviously equally involved in the discussion/debate.

Now that I've had my fair opportunity at rebuttal after you initially addressed me, as you have now turned the discussion to be no longer about sport, which is the topic of this thread, but instead to be about ME and various methods of discussion/debate, I'd be willing to continue this with you via private messages if you wish to do so. I have no real desire to do so myself, and so will not initiate - but I will engage if you wish to.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

F1 had a race in the US and it had a partnership with the NBA for the 75th Celebration. First one is the meme in case you can't tell the difference in the one with 3. Yes, in the undoctored photo, Shaq is taller than Lewis Hamilton standing on a podium.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And Hamilton is not short.
I once stood next to one of those cardboard cutouts of Shaq. He is truly a monster.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

The Shaq thing was funny especially in that he rolled out in a vintage convertible.

PS - Serena was also at the race. She too is taller than Lewis (who is short, which I can say as someone who is diminutive in stature)
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Hamilton is listed at 5'7". Diminutive or just short for you to decide :)
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

My knowledge of the interior of a race car is genuinely based off of Days of Thunder and little else, but I think racing is a bit like jockeys in horse racing where bigger and taller doesn't work great for fitting in the car and getting the fastest speed. I would guess given the style of the car, F1 would make this even more pronounced.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Suliso wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 pm Hamilton is listed at 5'7". Diminutive or just short for you to decide :)
As per google, two inches shorter than the average British man :)
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:40 pm My knowledge of the interior of a race car is genuinely based off of Days of Thunder and little else, but I think racing is a bit like jockeys in horse racing where bigger and taller doesn't work great for fitting in the car and getting the fastest speed. I would guess given the style of the car, F1 would make this even more pronounced.
Indeed it helps, as any kilogram saved on a F1 means something.
But the cockpits of F1 cars are custom built for the driver. You will never see a 6'6" F1 driver, but it is not so dependant.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

These legends in their own minds are a nuisance wherever they go. Everyone outside of their world doesn't find their entourages amusing.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

The adjustment to inflation clarified it, I was very surprised initially to see Palmer and Nicklaus numbers.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:08 pm Image
Right next to this lovely chart above, they should post a chart like the ones below - and mention something about priorities...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.I.P. Amal...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I think the messes re vaccination surrounding Irving and Rodgers shows what an insulated world pro athletes live in. As children they're exempt from the rules that apply to others including siblings because they're "special", "talented", or whatever excuse is given to keep them out of the world of normal children and later adults. These same athletes wouldn't hesitate to inject themselves with anything that will ease pain before a game with no idea what is in the injections they're taking. It's always shocking to them when real world rules are suddenly applied to them.

I also wonder if there was a source for NFL fans to go to and check to see who the players are in the non vaccinated protocol?