The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by ponchi101 »

Thanks. Indeed it didn't as long as the therapy smashable lights are enabled.
I moved the search box to the NAV BAR, where it will remain until after Xmas.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

They are indeed therapy lights.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. HIGHLIGHT MENU

Post by ponchi101 »

I really don't know when this was installed, but:
If you highlight a word (or a stretch of them) you will not get both a QUOTE option and a small three dots menu:
New_menu1.jpg
The quote is evident and has been enabled for a while. But the new three dots give you some options:
New_menu2.jpg
The DEFINE option may be of use:
New_menu3.jpg
The menu has several other functions that are useful (I hope)

SORRY. This feature is part of EDGE, not the forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. Snowstorm

Post by ponchi101 »

Just for further therapy.
I slowed down the rate of the snowfall, as it was indeed consuming some CPU power, and increased the size, which is the way I like real snow: slow and fluffy.
Further therapeutic possibilities are enhanced as the snow now follows YOUR cursor. I gather it is all part of somebody's master plan to make us as dull as possible (I am way ahead of you all, so I should know).
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

That Christmas banner causing anyone else issues? Maybe just because I’m on my phone but it is really hard to get log in button to show up :) I hit login and it pops up the. Disappears.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok, I did not know that. Are you going straight to the site through your phone browser, or are you going via Tapatalk?
I will most likely disable the banner (Xmas has passed, after all) but I was thinking of one for New Year's. Let me know.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Phone browser. I didn’t get logged out today so didn’t have to try to log in again today. Either way, not a big deal,guessing will be fine on my work computer when I’m back on it next week.
:steven:
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

There is no General Question thread under Predictions, but every thread is started by 3mlm, so I didn't want to just start something to ask this but wasn't sure where to post. But I'm curious if we're doing Predictions for 2022 and if so, when it would start?
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:21 am That Christmas banner causing anyone else issues? Maybe just because I’m on my phone but it is really hard to get log in button to show up :) I hit login and it pops up the. Disappears.
I don't know what was causing the issue, but did have trouble logging in recently on the mobile site. I hadn't visited on my phone in a while, typically I'm already logged in if I visit it on there. My solution was to check the IP address of my account page on a laptop browser, typed it directly into the mobile browser, so it went directly to the login page, and no issues after that.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

For the past few days, there has been two 'Search' boxes at the top of each page.
There's no harm done, and it doesn't cause any problems - but just letting you know.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I noticed that about two weeks ago and when I deleted one, the system crashed. After fixing, there was only one but now is, as you say, two search boxes.
I will drop the Xmas banners and such after tomorrow, and I will look into it. In the meantime, as you say, it is not generating any problems so I will leave them up. No need to crash the board today.
Thanks.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I just went to take a look at the thread for Indian Wells... and, although it was played only 3 months ago, the thread was no longer there (under ATP/WTA Tournaments).
The only tournaments listed are the ones currently being played.
Similarly, the only threads in the 'Grand Slams' section are related to the current Australian Open. Everything from previous Majors has been deleted - including the U.S. Open, which was a mere 4 months ago (and provoked a lot of posts due to the magical runs of Leylah and Emma).

Is there a reason for deleting threads for past tournaments? I thought I read at some point that the threads would be kept for at least one year after they were created - or after the last post in the thread was made - one or the other.
And you did say recently that we are using much less of our capacity than you anticipated, which means that you won't have to delete the threads you thought you'd have to delete.

It's enjoyable to sometimes go back and read about previous tournaments. I was hoping that they'd be retained, as they are in most other forums (and because we have the space to retain them).
At the very least, can previous tournaments be put in some sort of 'Archive' section, where they would remain accessible to read, but no new posts would be permitted?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The reason is that after our 1 year anniversary, I increased the pruning to 365 days, but I forgot that we have separate forums for Grand Slams and ATP/WTA events. I did that for Grand slams, but forgot about the others. So the regular tour events were still set up at 30 days, and they were pruned a short while ago.
So: my mistake. I increased them all to 1 year now, meaning they will be pruned after one year of zero activity (no posting and not browsing).
Sorry about that.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Ok, thanks...

So that means the reason that the last U.S. Open has disappeared from the Grand Slam section is because you only increased the time to 1 year at the beginning of December (1st anniversary), and the U.S. Open was already deleted by then?

I assume that the 1 year also applies to the 'Country Cups' section - is that the case?

What about all of the other sections - basically everything else... is there a limit as to how long they remain? Are they set to one year, as well, or less, or more?

Thanks.
R.I.P. Amal...

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I have set WTA/ATP and Country events to 365 days. Grand Slams, as they carry a bit more importance, I set at 720. It means they will be pruned after those intervals of NO ACTIVITY whatsoever.