The Rogers Cup no longer exists...

Our main board to talk about our sport
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The Rogers Cup no longer exists...

Post by ponchi101 »

My only issue is that NATIONAL BANK sounds as boring as it can. How many national banks must there be? One per country?
And in this case, CANADIAN OPEN would have been so much more impressive. Remember, the Canadian Open, through all of its permutations, is the THIRD OLDEST TOURNAMENT in the world, only behind Wimbledon and the USO. It has even more history than RG and the Aussie.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm My only issue is that NATIONAL BANK sounds as boring as it can. How many national banks must there be? One per country?
And in this case, CANADIAN OPEN would have been so much more impressive. Remember, the Canadian Open, through all of its permutations, is the THIRD OLDEST TOURNAMENT in the world, only behind Wimbledon and the USO. It has even more history than RG and the Aussie.
Nobody does. In Canada we are not good at trumpeting our history.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Cue it getting a sponsor now. (Indy Motor Speedway that is)
:steven:
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:05 pm Cue it getting a sponsor now. (Indy Motor Speedway that is)
If they will pay for an underground road to the track and eliminate race-day traffic, that's fine. And better bathrooms while we're at it.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

mmmm8 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:38 pm Well, of course money decided it - that's the point of naming rights. And that's ok, tournaments need money to run.
^ Something is defective in any society where everything is decided by the highest bidder.
mmmm8 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:38 pm Rogers Cup was a nice sponsor - they used to do media room raffles and would raffle off pretty expensive stuff - I won a pair of $200 Bose headphones once (which were then promptly stolen after the tournament) and one year they raffled off iPads.
^ And still, Rogers wouldn't even provide free WiFi for the tournament grounds for years.
This is Rogers - an internet provider!
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm My only issue is that NATIONAL BANK sounds as boring as it can. How many national banks must there be? One per country?
^ And I've been to every damned one!

Well, no, not really... but it sometimes seems that way :) .
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower