The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
Deuce Canada

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by Deuce »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:45 am I have set WTA/ATP and Country events to 365 days. Grand Slams, as they carry a bit more importance, I set at 720. It means they will be pruned after those intervals of NO ACTIVITY whatsoever.
Ok, good stuff.

Is there a time limit to all the other sections as to when they are deleted? (basically everything other than the subforums of Grand Slams, WTA/ATP Tournaments, and Country Cups)
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

No. I gathered that most of our activity would be in the tennis forums. The ones that will remain in a shorter period of pruning will be the contests, which are set at 180 days. I still say we do not need to know the picks for the SP on day 4. I guess.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. TAPATALK issues

Post by ponchi101 »

To our TAPATALK users. TAPATALK notified me that the plug in we are using is old, and needs to be updated. Please let me know if indeed TAPATALK is not working.
If it is not, I will update ASAP. But I need some input.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. TWEETS NOT LOADING

Post by ponchi101 »

As of the time of this post, no tweets are being loaded on the page. I suspect it actually be Twitter, not us, but as I use EDGE I wonder if I have done something to my settings.
Anybody else?
skatingfan Canada

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. TWEETS NOT LOADING

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:34 am As of the time of this post, no tweets are being loaded on the page. I suspect it actually be Twitter, not us, but as I use EDGE I wonder if I have done something to my settings.
Anybody else?
I can see tweets loading properly.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

A couple of weeks ago, tweets were not loading for me in any of the threads for about 24 hours. But it was just for that period of time. Since then, it's been fine - including now.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. Update to 3.3.7

Post by ponchi101 »

Hello.
It has been now almost a week since phpBB.com issued 3.3.7, a release to correct 3.3.6. In .6, there were some problems for some users that could not be able to access specific subforums for which they were registered. In our case, it would have meant that, for example, the contest staff would not be able to access that sub-forum, which would have created considerable problems.
Although it seems that 3.3.7 is stable (after one week of no issues, one could say so), our 3.3.5 is currently working well. I should still update but I have a constrain here: my internet connection in Colorado is very poor, and I would need to upload a considerable amount of software to our host. That connection could be easily interrupted, so I have decided that, as things are going well, we can wait until I return to Bogota and have a more reliable link. That will be in about two weeks.
So, surf on, and I will post you on when I will update us to 3.3.7.
Hope all is well,
P
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. UPDATE TO 3.3.7 DONE

Post by ponchi101 »

Dear all.
We have updated to 3.3.7, and it seems to be working well. However, as we have uploaded a serious amount of extensions, I am not sure if all of them will be working well. So, as always, keep an eye on the functionality of the board, and let us know if anything is not as before.
CONTEST STAFF. It would be greatly appreciated if you run the SP Parser and give it a test-run. The picks for the Aussie are still there and although it seems to be working well (and it is in the same location) I would like confirmation before May starts, as RG will be by the end of it.
Keep us posted on possible changes and glitches, so we can check if everything is alright.
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The new TAT2.0. UPDATE TO 3.3.7 DONE

Post by dave g »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:49 pm Dear all.
We have updated to 3.3.7, and it seems to be working well. However, as we have uploaded a serious amount of extensions, I am not sure if all of them will be working well. So, as always, keep an eye on the functionality of the board, and let us know if anything is not as before.
CONTEST STAFF. It would be greatly appreciated if you run the SP Parser and give it a test-run. The picks for the Aussie are still there and although it seems to be working well (and it is in the same location) I would like confirmation before May starts, as RG will be by the end of it.
Keep us posted on possible changes and glitches, so we can check if everything is alright.
The SP Parser appears to be working just fine.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

My wifi blocks this site, it is not my antivirus...I can access it only by turning off wifi and switching to mobile data..is something wrong with the security certificate?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ashkor87 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 am My wifi blocks this site, it is not my antivirus...I can access it only by turning off wifi and switching to mobile data..is something wrong with the security certificate?
How are you accessing it? As a straight access (i.e. you put in the address) or are you accessing via a proxy site, i.e. tapatalk? The people from tapatalk has informed users that the phpbb plug in needs to update, but as nobody has said anything, I left it as it was, as that plug in is a bit complex.
Also. can you try accessing via a laptop/pc? Check if it is indeed the wifi or some mobile setting?
Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

I access it directly...doesn't work on laptop unless I switch to another isp...it could be a problem with the isp..have complained several weeks ago, nothing has been done...
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ashkor87 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 am My wifi blocks this site, it is not my antivirus...I can access it only by turning off wifi and switching to mobile data..is something wrong with the security certificate?
Not sure what the problem is enough to help, but the security certificate is valid and current (I just verified that it is), you can view it in the URL details most likely through your browser.

Not sure if there is anything else you use that could be interfering, but I'd check there too. For instance, I use an ad blocker that can cause problems on certain sites.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I checked on two laptops I have, and my phone. Sorry to say it seems like it is a problem on your side. Especially if you can access via mobile data.
Let me see if somebody has reported anything like than in phpBB.
Add blockers are sometimes tricky, but we don't have adds in our site, so there should be no issues there.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:50 pm I checked on two laptops I have, and my phone. Sorry to say it seems like it is a problem on your side. Especially if you can access via mobile data.
Let me see if somebody has reported anything like than in phpBB.
Add blockers are sometimes tricky, but we don't have adds in our site, so there should be no issues there.
Yeah, it's never been a problem on this site. But I have had it cause unexpected errors on others, so just thought I'd mention.

Another idea - if you run any scripts, it could be that there is an interference. At least for me, if a script is in use on the site, there will be a notification symbol in the menu of how many scripts are active on any given page

And yes @ponchi I checked wifi and data as well. No issue for me.