'22 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Deuce Canada

Re: '22 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

Post by Deuce »

I, too, was rather shocked that a serve & volley player - THE ONLY serve & volley player - is using a Babolat racquet.
During one of Cressy's matches recently, one of the commentators mentioned it, saying that Babolats are definitely not known for their good feel, and he would think that a serve & volley player would use a racquet known for its good feel, not a racquet known for its power like Babolats.
I could certainly identify with that, as I've never liked any Babolat frame that I've tried - I use 3 different (but similar) old Head frames that are known for their great feel. Of course, I don't serve & volley as much as I did when I was 25 years old, but you get used to a certain feel... To me, no Babolat frame I've ever tried had ANY feel - just way too stiff.

But, yes - if Cressy is ok with it, so be it.
I just hope that he gives himself the opportunity to try some frames known for their feel (not that there are many remaining today - 'feel' is something that is mostly linked to racquets from the '80s and '90s).
He should grab someone's Head PT57A (also known as the Pro Tour 630) on a practice court. That's a frame from the '90s that several Head players are using today under the current paint jobs. If he does try one, he may never go back.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower