Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by Togtdyalttai »

I think if he wants to be in the AFC, the South is surely the weakest division. The Colts would seem to be a team where he could win right away, though I don't think I've heard any such rumors.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Read Tom Brady's retirement announcement
Updated 11:33 AM ET, Tue February 1, 2022

(CNN)Seven-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady officially announced his retirement from the NFL on Tuesday.

The 44-year-old, arguably the greatest NFL quarterback of all time, announced the news on Instagram. Below is a full transcript of his statement:

I have always believed the sport of football is an "all-in" proposition - if a 100% competitive commitment isn't there, you won't succeed, and success is what I love so much about our game. There is a physical, mental, and emotional challenge EVERY single day that has allowed me to maximize my highest potential. And I have tried my best these past 22 years. There are no shortcuts to success on the field or in life.

This is difficult for me to write, but here it goes: I am not going to make that competitive commitment anymore. I have loved my NFL career, and now it is time to focus my time and energy on other things that require my attention.

I've done a lot of reflecting the past week and have asked myself difficult questions. And I am so proud of what we have achieved. My teammates, coaches, fellow competitors, and fans deserve 10% of me, but right now, it's best I leave the field of play to the next generation of dedicated and committed athletes.

To my Bucs teammates the past two years, I love you guys, and I have loved going to battle with you. You have dug so deep to challenge yourself, and it inspired me to wake up every day and give you my best. I am always here for you guys and want to see you continue to push yourselves to be your best. I couldn't be happier with what we accomplished together.

To all the Bucs fans, thank you. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived here, but your support and embrace have enriched my life and that of my family. I have been honored to play for such a passionate and fun fan base. What a Krewe!!!

To the city of Tampa and the entire Tampa-St. Petersburg region, thank you. It has been wonderful to be a resident of such a fun place to live. I want to be invited to our next boat parade!

To the Glazer family, thank you for taking a chance on me and supporting me. I know I was demanding at times, but you provided everything we needed to win, and your ownership was everything a player could ask for.

To Jason Licht, thank you for your daily support and friendship - I will never forget it. I had never been through free agency, and I had some trepidation about how we could achieve success. Your leadership gave me confidence, and I will always be grateful.

To my head coach Bruce Arians, thank you for putting up with me! Your firm leadership and guidance were ideal. There is no way we could have had success without your experience, intuition, and wisdom. I am very grateful.

To all the Bucs coaches, my sincere thanks for all the hard work, dedication, and discipline that goes into creating a winning team. I have learned so much from all of you and will value the relationships we have.

To every single Bucs staffer and employee, thank you. Each of you is critically important, and I was greeted with a smile every day. That means so much to me. Your work is made up of long hours and hard tasks, but please know I see each and every one of you. Thank you so much.

To Alex Guerrero, thank you. I could never have made every Sunday without you; it's that simple. Your dedication to your craft and our friendship and brotherhood are immeasurable. We have an unbreakable bond, and I love you.

To Don Yee and Steve Dubin, thank you. You have been with me every step of the way since I left the University of Michigan and before I entered the league. What a journey it's been, and I couldn't do it without you.

To my parents and entire family (and extended family of countless friends), I love you and thank you for your never-ending support and love. I could never have imagined the time and energy you have given for me the past 30 years in football. I can never repay you. And just know I love you so much.
And lastly to my wife, Gisele, and my children Jack, Benny and Vivi. You are my inspiration. Our family is my greatest achievement. I always came off the field and home to the most loving and supportive wife who has done EVERYTHING for our family to allow me to focus on my career. Her selflessness allowed me to reach new heights professionally, and I am beyond words what you mean to me and our family. Te amo amor da minha vida (heart emoji)

My playing career has been such a thrilling ride, and far beyond my imagination, and full of ups and downs. When you're in it every day, you really don't think about any kind of ending. As I sit here now, however, I think of all the great players and coaches I was privileged to play with and against - the competition was fierce and deep, JUST HOW WE LIKE IT. But the friendships and relationships are just as fierce and deep. I will remember and cherish these memories and re-visit them often. I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

The future is exciting. I'm fortunate to have cofounded incredible companies like @autograph.io @bradybrand @tb12sports that I am excited to continue to help build and grow, but exactly what my days will look like will be a work-in-progress. As I said earlier, I am going to take it day by day. I know for sure I want to spend a lot of time giving to others and trying to enrich other people's lives, just as so many have done for me.

With much love, appreciation, and gratitude,

Tom

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/us/tom-b ... index.html
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Tom Brady’s retirement announcement omits reference to Patriots
Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2022, 11:01 AM EST

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -patriots/
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:24 pm That is a major upset. I don't know enough about football to ask whether it is time to re-think Andy Reid's system.
Two straight super Bowls, and an AFC Championship overtime loss? I don't think that needs a new system :) Especially in the NFL one and done playoffs it's not always going to be the better team winning....although Joe Burrow sure looks to be the real deal anyway.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 pm Tom Brady’s retirement announcement omits reference to Patriots
Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2022, 11:01 AM EST

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -patriots/
Yes. And it sticks out a lot.
Other than that. I am not a fan of the man, but as a football player, few can stand next to him. And the farewell letter is very thorough (other than the Pats omission).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

The NFL ... and the Giants ... are going to owe Brian Flores a lot of money if what has been published of his lawsuit are even remotely close to accurate
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

His firing was insulting. Yes, they started terribly, but you could see his players never letting up for him. And it is not as if there are 20 good coaches out there to be hired.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:44 am His firing was insulting. Yes, they started terribly, but you could see his players never letting up for him. And it is not as if there are 20 good coaches out there to be hired.
They will recycle some dude who giving him a chance to bring his "expertise" to the team.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Ssy what now?

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

:slap-to-the-face-emoji:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Joe Burrow

How it started:

How it ended:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Great news for Packers fans :freaking: