Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by JazzNU »

Didn't know about the cost of cashews. Here, cashew milk isn't that much more expensive than almond milk to my knowledge. I tried it a few years ago, not bad, like the thickness, but the nutty flavor carries through to much for what I was using it for.

And yeah, none of them are milk. I support all of the fakes/alternatives being forced to come up with original verbiage, not piggyback and benefit off the food they so greatly object to.

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:51 pm Didn't know about the cost of cashews. Here, cashew milk isn't that much more expensive than almond milk to my knowledge. I tried it a few years ago, not bad, like the thickness, but the nutty flavor carries through to much for what I was using it for.

And yeah, none of them are milk. I support all of the fakes/alternatives being forced to come up with original verbiage, not piggyback and benefit off the food they so greatly object to.
One example of the expenditures. A popular figure quoted by environmentalists for the production of almonds is that you need 10,000 lts of water to produce a kilo of almonds. That is not correct; they misquote the number of liters of water needed to SUSTAIN an almonds tree plantation, which does not translate exactly into a kilo of almonds (the tree, after all, stands there, an obvious environmental benefit). But it is one simple example of how expensive these nuts are. Seeing as the main producer of almonds in the USA is California, which is in a constant drought, the costs are clear to see.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Change of topic:

We used to have a much bar-themed Loser's Lounge in our Suicide Draw Pool. Do we want to go back to that bar theme? It would require a some more help. Specifically, we would need:
1. Someone to find a bar themed picture to include in the first post.
2. Someone to post a "Jukebox from Hell" selection.
3. Someone to come by and act as bartender on occassion by posting pictures of the drinks requested.

While, I would like to get back to that theme, I am not interested in taking on any of these tasks. Do we have anybody interested in taking on these tasks?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Just to clarify. Dave is not "not interested" just per se. He is doing a lot of other stuff involving the SP (basically, running it).
I would like to keep it, but my pop-music knowhow (current music) is deplorable. It would truly be a jukebox from hell, if left to me.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Nowhere to put this news but in the RANDOM topic, as we still don't have a LUNATIC topic:
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -Tesla Inc CEO Elon Musk said on Wednesday that while he voted for Democrats in the past, he will now vote for Republicans.
"In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party. But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican," he tweeted.
Sure, the GOP is the party of unity and love.
"In the past, I drank Vodka because it was a drink of mild potency. But now, it has become a drink that induces weird hallucinations in me. So, I will now start drinking 100% Kentucky Moonshine, to curb my insatiable visions".

Makes sense.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Biden doesn't support his business. Obama did. That's all.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sure, but isn't that really childish? It is not as if Tesla is not successful under Dem administrations. And, if he really wants a world of only EV's, the GOP is not the party that will help him do it.
He is very confusing. He wants to "save the planet" by moving everything to an electric future, but will not allow unions in his factories. He wants "a better world" for everyone, but he wants everyone to work 70 hours a week. He will vote republican, while republicans still deny climate change and will certainly back O&G companies before they back him. I mean, I SHOULD VOTE republican; this environmental movement is slowly killing me with an industry that is disappearing. But I still can keep my personal issue separate from the global issues. He seems unable to do that.

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:50 pm Sure, but isn't that really childish? Tesla is not ONLY successful because of Dem administrations.
Fixed that for you. Tesla is nothing without the billions in government subsidies it received from state and federal Democratic administrations promoting environmentally friendly programs.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

That's how it started for sure. Now it's wildly profitable. Might even be the most profitable car company per unit sold.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

For some reason Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones has been trending on Twitter. Keith is a walking meme of course but this is my favorite.

This is second.

Third

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I believe I've stated previously that Elon Musk is not a psychologically stable human being...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Be careful folks. Do like this woman and report this sort of thing to the FTC

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I get one of those once a week, at least. And I mean here in Colombia.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

As a break from the madness of this past week I would recommend PBS two part nature series on Colombia. It's beautifully shot, the narrator is a native Spanish speaker so the place names are pronounced correctly, and it's a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours. It's also hones about the role FARC played and is still playing in the country.

The first part focuses on the Orinoco River and the Amazon basin. The first part also shows indigenous people in a positive light including the traditional way the coca leaf is used.

The second takes you on a tour from the Andes to the Pacific coast.