'22 RG Day 10 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Deuce Canada

Re: '22 RG Day 10 OoP & Discussion

Post by Deuce »

Regarding Leylah's foot injury... it wasn't a blister or blisters.
It's something she came into the match with - it happened in a previous match and worsened.
I don't know what the final diagnosis is, or whether they want to reveal what it is, but they were going to check it after the match.

Her dad wasn't very happy that she continued playing. But, hey - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - she is stubborn because he is stubborn - that's the example he set, and she followed it! :D
Personally, I'm glad she continued and definitely made a match of it. This shows the other players that she's not going to just roll over - even if something is obviously wrong.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Re: '22 RG Day 10 OoP & Discussion

Post by Deuce »

This Nadal guy is incredible.
Every time it looks like 'No - he can't do it this time' - because of injury, age, or other factors, he shows that he CAN still do it.

His will and desire can overcome more obstacles than anyone else is remotely capable of.
He has got to be the most fierce competitor tennis has ever known.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower