'22 Day 13 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: '22 Day 13 OoP & Discussion

Post by meganfernandez »

JazzNU wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:16 pm Good lord. Wonder if she got the glue idea from the NBA demonstrator.
I miss streakers.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:35 pm
JazzNU wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:16 pm Good lord. Wonder if she got the glue idea from the NBA demonstrator.
I miss streakers.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You cracked me up.
I guess it is safe to say that Roland Garros has to outsource their security.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:59 pm ...

Is Pico Monaco the same as Juan Monaco? If so, again, didn't know he was doing commentating, but happy to hear it.
Yes. Pico is his Argie nickname.
ESPN has enlisted a whole lot of people for this RG. Together with Monaco, they have David Ferrer, Feliciano, Lucho Horna, Mariano Zabaleta and Monica Puig. Unfortunately, the can't get rid of Clerc and his sidekick, a dumb Vennie that says the most inane and ridiculous commentary and how, during the first week, admitted to have never played tennis. His sport is golf.
As you know, I watch tennis with the remote in my hand, and my thumb on the MUTE button.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

So glad that Casper won that set. For that nonsense to be what breaks your momentum would be so unfair.

But there really are a disturbing amount of people that have gotten on court since Seles. Like yeah, they react quickly, but not nearly quick enough. I've only seen one incident recently at a sporting event (not tennis) where the security guard reacted quick enough to prevent something bad from happening if that's what the person's intent was.

And sporting events of all kinds need to get hip to the fact that it's not just men who are problematic. The majority of the demonstrators in the last couple of months as far as I can tell have been women, so clearly they have gotten hip to the fact that security views them as less of a threat. Yes, I know they haven't been truly dangerous, but that needs to have a "yet" on the end of it, most don't seem to be dealing with a full deck.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And, in one of the Rafa matches, a little girl walked untouched by anybody and joined Rafa after the match was over. Sure, harmless, but as you say, there is a "yet" in there all the time.