Tournament & Tour Announcements

Our main board to talk about our sport
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: Tournament & Tour Announcements

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:37 pm It will be done if the money is there. Remember that it is SPORTS and in all of them, it is spelled $EN$E.
I'm relieved to know that the people who cover the sport don't expect it to move. There's no reason Cincy and Charleston can't have big events. I just can't see the point of buying the tournament only to shut it down, as if it's competition and not complementary to Charleston. And the tours would have to approve this. If Ellison couldn't buy a relocation, it's bodes well for Cincy... I'm not sure where this idea that Navarro is anti-Cincy is coming from, anyway.

From another insider I know.

Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:37 pm It will be done if the money is there. Remember that it is SPORTS and in all of them, it is spelled $EN$E.
Greed is what it is.

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:14 pm
Greed is what it is.
And the greediest people already have plenty. Constantly amazed by how driven people are by money once they have more than enough.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:21 pm
Greed is what it is.
And the greediest people already have plenty. Constantly amazed by how driven people are by money once they have more than enough.
It is weird because I have been shown a totally different view of that. Both of my grandparents are pretty wealthy and they didn't come from a lot of money. My mom & dad(when living) do pretty well, but they have always told me and my brothers that we need to work for what we want. Now I have been helped a lot with my tennis stuff by my grandparents because that is something I could really never afford at my age, but for regular things I still have to do chores and things. My family also gives and works for charities and that is why I have always loved to volunteer with kids learning tennis. I want to give back to others. That is the way people should be I think.

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:32 pm

Greed is what it is.
It is weird because I have been shown a totally different view of that. Both of my grandparents are pretty wealthy and they didn't come from a lot of money. My mom & dad(when living) do pretty well, but they have always told me and my brothers that we need to work for what we want. Now I have been helped a lot with my tennis stuff by my grandparents because that is something I could really never afford at my age, but for regular things I still have to do chores and things. My family also gives and works for charities and that is why I have always loved to volunteer with kids learning tennis. I want to give back to others. That is the way people should be I think.
I'm sure it's not everyone. :) Glad you had good examples. I'm talking about the obscenely wealthy.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Greed is what it is.
At a point it becomes just a p!ssing contest, where it's not about accumulating money at all - because they have more than enough to live several lifetimes in luxury... It becomes about status and popularity...

We live in an increasingly superficial world, where a person's worth and value is measured in how many 'likes', 'followers', 'views', etc. one has... and in how much money one has.
We see it in team sports constantly - these players are making 2, 3, 5, 10 Million dollars per year - and they always want more, just to 'prove' (superficially) that they are 'better than' another player who makes 14 dollars less per season.

Meanwhile, there are people living without adequate food or housing - not only in 'third world countries', but also here in North America.
It's absolutely sickening.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:47 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:32 pm

I'm sure it's not everyone. :) Glad you had good examples. I'm talking about the obscenely wealthy.
We certainly are not obscenely wealthy. Yep, I have great examples.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

It's not really about money, that's only a side thing. It's about power and humans have desired power above all else since the stone age. If you don't believe me read some more history about ancient nobles, kings, conquerors etc.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Suliso wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:40 pm It's not really about money, that's only a side thing. It's about power and humans have desired power above all else since the stone age. If you don't believe me read some more history about ancient nobles, kings, conquerors etc.
Oh I have read about them in my History books.

Post by meganfernandez »

About the Cincy news and concerns Navarro might move it

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Yves Simon @yvessimonsevy

Translated from French by
Kyrgios forfeits the Laver Cup at the end of September. What about the Davis Cup just after the US Open?
Australia 🇦🇺 must challenge Germany 🇩🇪 , France 🇫🇷 and Belgium 🇧🇪 in Hamburg.

TennisActu
@TennisActu
Laver Cup : Kyrgios explique son forfait : "C'est à cause de ma copine" #LaverCup #Kyrgios #NickKyrgios #Tennis #Sock
Translated from French by
Laver Cup: Kyrgios explains his package: "It's because of my girlfriend" #LaverCup #Kyrgios #NickKyrgios #Tennis #Sock
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
AcesAnnie United States of America

Post by AcesAnnie »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:54 pm
Great tune up for the USO.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Check you calendar, Aces. If Rafa is doing this as a tune up for the USO, it might not work...
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
AcesAnnie United States of America

Post by AcesAnnie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:17 pm Check you calendar, Aces. If Rafa is doing this as a tune up for the USO, it might not work...
Yeah, :lol: looking back he would be a little late to the party.