The RED WHITE AND BLUE Lounge

All topics related to fantasy tennis contests.

Moderator: Contest Staff

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

The RED WHITE AND BLUE Lounge

Post by ponchi101 »

Welcome to the RED WHITE and BLUE Lounge.
Here, you can boast when you win (truly NYC), moan when you lose (Again) and mope when you did not win because you chose somebody else (and find a lawyer to sue your pick, which is as NYC as it gets).
I'll start...
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The RED WHITE AND BLUE Lounge

Post by ponchi101 »

I swear this. I had Kasatkina in my team, and then saw she was playing Rybakina. I felt like taking both of them out.
Then I thought: She is a W Champ. Her seeding is false. Only flip the players.
And, it worked my usual magic.
New England Nitemare United States of America

Post by New England Nitemare »

Ugh....I had Rybakina too....she looked unstoppable in that 1st set, but disaster struck after that.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Well, it is a long contest. Better she plays lousy at San Jose than at Toronto and Cincy. Let's see. A Wimby champion in CAT B was hard to pass.
New England Nitemare United States of America

Post by New England Nitemare »

I agree Ponchi, I think it's a small bump in the road, I'm definitely expecting her to do better at the Canadian Open and Cincinnati.
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

I'm going to raise the spirits up a bit here in the lounge as I went 4 for 4 yesterday with my team players. I had Madison Keys, Donna Vekic, Jessica Pegula, & Amanda Anisimova all getting wins.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

If you believe that bringing up YOUR STELLAR performance is going to CHEER US UP, you are not getting at all what this lounge is about.
We are here to whine and moan, and secretly pray for every single player NOT in our team to suffer a debilitating case of diarrhea just before she takes the court, so she won't.
This is no buddy buddy place. Secretly, evilishly, in the most petty of possible ways, we are hoping for EVERYBODY ELSE TO CRASH AND BURN :evil:
So take your winning statistics far away from here, and only come back when Coco losses in the third, after cruising in the first set, and holding 5 match points in the 3rd set TB. THEN, you can join us!!!!
(I'll go fetch you a ginger beer, but you just hush for a little while.... :ax )

(And this time, only sort of joking... ;) )

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:43 pm If you believe that bringing up YOUR STELLAR performance is going to CHEER US UP, you are not getting at all what this lounge is about.
We are here to whine and moan, and secretly pray for every single player NOT in our team to suffer a debilitating case of diarrhea just before she takes the court, so she won't.
This is no buddy buddy place. Secretly, evilishly, in the most petty of possible ways, we are hoping for EVERYBODY ELSE TO CRASH AND BURN :evil:
So take your winning statistics far away from here, and only come back when Coco losses in the third, after cruising in the first set, and holding 5 match points in the 3rd set TB. THEN, you can join us!!!!
(I'll go fetch you a ginger beer, but you just hush for a little while.... :ax )

(And this time, only sort of joking... ;) )
:lol: Only the 1st day of course, plenty of more time for me to either boast or whine & moan as these tournaments roll along. Tomorrow though once I do win my 1st round match in my tournament(Gotta be confident), I am coming in here and expecting everyone to purchase me ginger beers or root beers. ;)

I am also certain to lose with one player today as Shelby Rogers plays Bianca Andreescu. They both can't win. ;)
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

May not wind up a huge deal, but it was funny that for my last team edit I had to put in Andreescu instead of Rogers - my current trading plan requires that 1 extra point - and of course Rogers beats Andreescu head to head :)

My "good call" was avoiding Rybakina (at least this week). Quite often picking recent Slam winners seems to backfire - seems an obvious pick but they usually disappoint, so I very intentionally didn't pick her. If she wins next week though you can thank me for bringing it up!
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

My Rybakina pick was simply because her ranking is fictional.
You have, at least, 4 players who are in low categories and are "a steal": I would not have picked Osaka had she been in CAT A, but in Cat B, sure. The same for Andreescu in Cat C, and Serena as a WC below CAT D. But I would not have picked Bianca had she even been in CAT B, or Serena if she had been in CAT A. Rybakina was the same logic.
Or, in my case, illogic. I am getting to master that skill with considerable success.
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Look like my Dream Team has turned into the Dud Team
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I pick Kasatkina for my team (see above).
Little voice in my head: "She is playing Rybakina. She just won Wimby."
Flip choice to Rybakina. She is now in the semis, taking out Rybakina and Aryna. Total points swing: 8 points, but from only one player, not two.
I am truly my worst enemy.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:33 pm I pick Kasatkina for my team (see above).
Little voice in my head: "She is playing Rybakina. She just won Wimby."
Flip choice to Rybakina. She is now in the semis, taking out Rybakina and Aryna. Total points swing: 8 points, but from only one player, not two.
I am truly my worst enemy.
Over thinking. That is why I posted my team pretty quickly without thinking too much about it. I could still have the finalists in San Jose with Gauff and Anisimova. I also still have Rogers who is playing Amanda so one of them will move on.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 pm ...

Over thinking. That is why I posted my team pretty quickly without thinking too much about it. I could still have the finalists in San Jose with Gauff and Anisimova. I also still have Rogers who is playing Amanda so one of them will move on.
Well, well, well. You only get to tell other members that they are "over thinking their picks" after your 1,000th post, so, you better...
Never mind. :cry:

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Coco Gauff & Me are both visiting the RED, WHITE & BLUE Lounge tonight and since we both are not of drinking age we will both have a Root Beer Float to ease our pain. :)