New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Explaining how the new forum works
Canucklehead Canada

Re: New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Post by Canucklehead »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 pm Daniel Nestor. Say no more: you like doubles! :clap:
You have already posted several times, but welcome aboard. Notice there is a PM system so, if you have any questions, either in the open or as a PM you can let us know.
I have settled in with my country's tournament, an adult beverage and dinner. Nothing better than tennis, food, an adult beverage and some good tennis talk.

Edit: In my humble opinion, Daniel Nestor is the best doubles player ever.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Just like the tours CAnada is slowly taking over TAT … welcome!
:steven:
Canucklehead Canada

Post by Canucklehead »

ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:19 am Just like the tours CAnada is slowly taking over TAT … welcome!
With the likes of Felix Auger Aliassime & Denis Shapovalov on the men's side, and Leylah Fernandez & Bianca Andreescu on the women's side, Canada has some good presence on the tour. I just hope I can make us Canadians look good here. :)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Canucklehead wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 am
ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:19 am Just like the tours CAnada is slowly taking over TAT … welcome!
With the likes of Felix Auger Aliassime & Denis Shapovalov on the men's side, and Leylah Fernandez & Bianca Andreescu on the women's side, Canada has some good presence on the tour. I just hope I can make us Canadians look good here. :)
JA!!!!!!
I mean, sure, you guys are all very nice and polite and ...
(man, I can't press SUBMIT that quickly, I just can't :cry: )
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Canucklehead wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm . Nothing better than tennis, food, an adult beverage and some good tennis talk.
True - and that's why I was bummed I had to leave my "beer league" tennis group last night immediately as my match ended ...
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

And Dabrowski in doubles. Wish Shapo could get his act together.
Canucklehead Canada

Post by Canucklehead »

meganfernandez wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:23 pm
And Dabrowski in doubles. Wish Shapo could get his act together.
Gabriela is currently #4 in doubles I believe. Shapovalov has a lot of potential and I can see him consistently being in the top 10.
AcesAnnie United States of America

Post by AcesAnnie »

Hello tennis enthusiasts, my name is Ann and actually I am an avid runner and more just a huge admirer of tennis than someone who can actually play the game well. I do however love going on the court from time to time with my husband and hitting around for the exercise and the fun. One thing I love about the game of tennis is that anyone can play it no matter your age. I am 57 years old, and I still do run regularly but with running my body has slowed down considerably over the years and the knees are not the same as they once were when I was in my 20's. So tennis is a great form of exercise for me.

I grew up watching some of the greats of tennis and was very fond of Chris Evert and even John McEnroe. I have watched the game evolve over the years from Evert,Navratilova, Graf, Seles,Serena, Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Lendl,Sampras, Agassi,Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. I wonder who is next to take over. I love the fact that the Americans really have a great contingency of players on the tour now and my favorites are Shelby Rogers and Tommy Paul.

I suppose I am here to learn more about the game of tennis from more avid fans as I do enjoy the game. So I probably will have quite a bit of questions along the way. I know some history of the game as I have been around for sometime, but actually playing the game , not so much.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Welcome aboard, Aces. Cool avatar, and maybe you can help too with conditioning. As you say, a true sport for a lifetime.
You basically listed all the great ones in your post, but we are currently heavily debating who will be the next great ones. Also, when the USO comes around, you will see we have some fun games we play, and maybe you will want to join.
Hope you will enjoy the site. :)

Post by AcesAnnie »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:51 pm Welcome aboard, Aces. Cool avatar, and maybe you can help too with conditioning. As you say, a true sport for a lifetime.
You basically listed all the great ones in your post, but we are currently heavily debating who will be the next great ones. Also, when the USO comes around, you will see we have some fun games we play, and maybe you will want to join.
Hope you will enjoy the site. :)
Thank You, my name is Ann or Annie so feel free to call me that if you want. Aces is fine as well. If you or anyone has questions on running or conditioning feel free to ask. I should be available quite frequently as my job is exclusively from home. I work as a Medical Transcriptionist for my husband who is a Physician.

Games always make things enjoyable. That sounds like fun.
Tennislady100 United States of America

Post by Tennislady100 »

I am just saying hello. I am new to this group.
meganfernandez United States of America

New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Post by meganfernandez »

Tennislady100 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:35 pm I am just saying hello. I am new to this group.
Everyone, this is my friend, who plays tennis with me. She has a wicked drop shot.
Last edited by meganfernandez on Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tennislady100 United States of America

Post by Tennislady100 »

Thank you Megan! You have a fantastic forehand!

Post by AcesAnnie »

Hello, glad you are here. I am also new here. My name is Ann or Annie.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 pm
Tennislady100 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:35 pm I am just saying hello. I am new to this group.
Everyone, this is my friend, who plays tennis with me. She has a wicked drop shot.
Oh, no. That does it. Drop Shotters are not allowed here!
;)
Welcome Tennislady100. Hope you will enjoy the site.