Talk about MLB

All MLB related things and hardball played in other countries
Deuce Canada

Re: Talk about MLB

Post by Deuce »

Some sort of interesting by-products of Aaron Judge's 61st home run of the season...
Glad that it did get to the right person in the end.

Judge Hits #61...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Beacause I'm not feeling well, and because I'm Canadian, I decided I'd watch some Blue Jays wildcard baseball...
I watched yesterday's loss to the Mariners...
Today, I watched until it was 7-1 for the Blue Jays. I figured that was enough, as everything was going the Jays' way - 2 home runs, scoring on a passed ball, scoring on a bases loaded hit-by-pitch... So I switched over to watch the rest of the curling... then the beginning of a pre-season hockey game...

A few minutes ago, I accidentally tuned to the baseball game channel, to see that the game was now in the 8th inning - and was incredibly tied 9-9! And there had just been a violent collision between Springer and Bichette, after which Springer had to be taken off the field on a cart.
If the Jays lose, they're gone. They were up 7-1 and in complete control.
Or so it seemed...
:roll:
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

They were actually ahead 8-1 in the 6th inning.
And they blew it.
Lost 10-9 in the 10th. Season over.
(EDIT - they lost it in the 9th, not the 10th. I should have known that, as there was no idiotic 'ghost runner' starting on 2nd base in that last inning!)

I decided to watch greedy major league baseball for the first time in a long while. It didn't go well.
Last edited by Deuce on Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Amal...

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I was watching the Toronto game and thought it was a done deal until it wasn't. I'm now watching the Mets game. This is the first baseball I've watched all year.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Ouch...

One of the comments:
"Just smashed my TV in front of 30 guests at my son's birthday party because of the blue jays. My wife just took our crying kids and said they’re all spending the week at her mom’s house. This team has ruined my marriage. I can’t handle this anymore. Goodbye, I am no longer a fan."
R.I.P. Amal...

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Can't wait to see how Aaron Boone talks his way out of this. Should've been fired last year, but somehow wasn't. This year is significantly more embarrassing.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I didn't watch series, but what is embarrassing about 99 wins and losing the ALCS to best team in the American League?

Not to say people won't call for him to be fired anyway.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I stopped following baseball a long time ago. But I still root strongly against the Dodgers and the Yankees.
So, indeed. Why must the Yankees go completely into a fire sale, simple because they did not win the WS? Talk about being spoiled. They are a very good team, that got beat by another very good team. It happens.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The best thing about last night was Ted Cruz getting a warm and friendly NY greeting

Then there's this. Link only because the fans spoke true New York-ese...

https://twitter.com/bethyr87/status/158 ... 2iIzvQKkpQ

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

So go Phillies!

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:23 pm I didn't watch series, but what is embarrassing about 99 wins and losing the ALCS to best team in the American League?

Not to say people won't call for him to be fired anyway.
I think if you follow baseball, but don't know how this was embarrassing on any front, there's not much I could say to convince you of it. It's objectively an embarrassing loss, like there are stats that are making the MLB history books for how pitiful the Yankees were.

If I had to guess, Aaron and Brian both stick around and they will thank their lucky stars that Daddy Steinbrenner is not there running the team. The announcement would've already been made if he was still alive.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

That's what I mean, I'm not following what happened. I don't know what stats there are that made the Yankees look pitiful. All I know is their regular season win total and that they lost to a team with more wins that I've heard was clearly the class of the American League this year. I didn't watch a single game of the series.

It looks like despite being swept they were only outscored by nine runs?

What are the stats that are making the MLB history books? I'm not saying there aren't any, I'm asking what they are.
:steven:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

R.I.P. Amal...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

MLB is very active on Mastodon so I'm kinda up to date on injuries, etc. My question is why are there so many injuries and the season hasn't even started yet?