The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
texasniteowl

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by texasniteowl »

OK...apparently I do have one extension installed in chrome. my password manager (lastpass). And according to the following discussion, it is the problem. I would never have guessed lastpass would be the cause. https://www.resetera.com/threads/firefo ... se.616491/

Apparently lastpass has been notified and is working on it.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok, that was odd. Will keep it in mind.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

With these things, the offending thing is often one which seems least likely.
Process of elimination (though it can take a while)...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. NEW THEME.

Post by ponchi101 »

Hi gang.
As we have entered October, Fred the bat is back, and I have uploaded a new theme: pro_silver_halloween. Customizable individually via the UCP.
Have a happy month 🎃
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

A small thing, and certainly not hugely important, but it would be convenient to have...

There are page numbers at the top of the 'Recent Topics' list - to go through the pages of the 'Recent Topics'... But those page numbers are only at the top - once we scroll to the bottom of the list of 'Recent Topics', it would be nice to have the page numbers also listed there - at the bottom of the list of 'Recent Topics', rather than have to scroll back up to the top of the list to select the next page of 'Recent Topics'.

As I said - not a very important matter, but something I've been wondering about, as we often see page numbers listed both at the top and the bottom of lists like this.
I've tried all of the different 'styles' (or 'themes') - prosilver and all the others - and none of them have the page numbers at the bottom of the list.

Is there a fairly easy way to get the page numbers listed at the top AND bottom of the 'Recent Topics' list?
(Unlike other features, I don't even know what to search for in the phpBB help forums, etc. for this.)
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

No. That is an extension that is made by an independent programmer, and his setup, as you say, only lets you see the pages left in the RECENT TOPICS at the top.
And my studies of PHP never got to the point of being able to modify and add to these extensions.
Sorry about that.
:peace:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Ok.
It's odd that the programmer didn't include page numbers at the bottom of the 'Recent Topics' list, as well - as there are numbers at the top and at the bottom of every page within each thread, which is the most common way.
R.I.P. Amal...

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (Xmas enabled)

Post by ponchi101 »

Dear all.
As we have reached December, I have enabled our usual Xmas theme. Plus, if you feel so inclined, I uploaded a simple theme with Xmas colors: Pro-silver Xmas.
If you want to use it.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

^ The functions of the smashing lights, the snow, and even the Santa hat, can all be enabled or disabled independently in the User Control Panel.
R.I.P. Amal...

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I just broke every bulb with the sound on and I loved every second!
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:32 pm I just broke every bulb with the sound on and I loved every second!
And if you ever get in trouble with the law, this history of deriving enjoyment out of destruction will surely be used against you...
:D
R.I.P. Amal...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:36 pm
ti-amie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:32 pm I just broke every bulb with the sound on and I loved every second!
And if you ever get in trouble with the law, this history of deriving enjoyment out of destruction will surely be used against you...
:D
My Mayor may throw me in jail for being a menace to society! :D
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

I can't remember if I mentioned this workaround before, but I know someone else had this problem before.

If you are on mobile using a Chrome browser and cannot login to the site because clicking on that word will not load the login screen for whatever reason, switch your browser view to Desktop and then try clicking the Login button and hopefully that gets you to the correct page to login to the site. Also, consider saving the login URL for future attempts to login, as that seems to always load no matter the view.

You should be able to turn off Desktop view and continue logged in using a regular mobile browsing screen.

Also, and I think this only applies to memorized passwords, but if you want your browser to remember your login so you don't have to keep logging back in on each visit. Click the "Remember Me" box BEFORE entering your login credentials. I don't recall it doing this last year, but once you enter memorized details, the login happens without clicking OK or anything, so you won't have the opportunity to select the Remember Me option after that point and will need to login on your next visit most likely.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. Update to 3.3.9

Post by ponchi101 »

We updated to 3.3.9, but not without hiccups.
One of the extensions that we have (the bread crumb menu) created a problem as it had one line of code that did not allow for 3.3.9 to work. As the extension is NOT part of the phpBB team's work, it was not announced as having compatibility issues.
I was able to update and delete the guilty ext, and found a new one; if you use the breadcrumbs (I seldom do) I have yet to enable the new one, as my headache is growing exponentially today and I do not even want to think of the possibility it will crash the site again (ouch, I just did think about it!).
It seems everything else is working fine but, if you notice anything odd, please come here and post it.
Remember: if you are NOT using the pro-silver theme, or one of its variations, not everything works. Test functionality with PS.
Txs

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Thank you ponchi!