For those 4 months of the year
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm not surprised and very sad to read about Tua. I hope he comes out of this okay.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I meant the Bengals did it themselves with the late hit out of bounds. Put the final nail in their own coffin I'll say.

There were definitely bad calls, but I'm not one who's going to say the referees were trying to make KC win. I will say the play that didn't count wasn't a bad call, it was just very poorly handled.
:steven:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

TBH I thought Mahomes momentum carried him off the field and into the sideline things. Ossai shoved him but it wasn't that bad. I was stunned they called a penalty on that. As has been said it as what won the game for the Chiefs and in a night of bad officiating it was probably the only way the game could've ended.

There was talk that the Governor of Florida, seeing two African-American quarterbacks will start in the Super Bowl, has banned it from being shown in Florida because it would be too "woke" but there's no truth to the rumor.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

The penalty was nothing to do with hitting sideline things...heck Ossai hurt himself more. :)

But Mahomes was already out of bounds and clearly heading that way for awhile. I think it was a 100% legit call. I would have been stunned if it wasn't called.

You can't get your hands on a player that far out of bounds...especially a QB. There were definitely bad calls that hurt the Bengals but that wasn't one of them.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 pm The penalty was nothing to do with hitting sideline things...heck Ossai hurt himself more. :)

But Mahomes was already out of bounds and clearly heading that way for awhile. I think it was a 100% legit call. I would have been stunned if it wasn't called.

You can't get your hands on a player that far out of bounds...especially a QB. There were definitely bad calls that hurt the Bengals but that wasn't one of them.
Watching it again you're correct about the shove happening when Mahomes was already out of bounds but it was clear he was going to run into those things just on his momentum.

Ossai did hurt himself more but the "NFL RIGGED" hashtag was already trending and Tony Romo had probably screamed himself into laryngitis.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Yeah Mahomes running into stuff out of bounds had nothing to do with the penalty.

Romo is stating to drive me nuts some games :)

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:14 pm I meant the Bengals did it themselves with the late hit out of bounds. Put the final nail in their own coffin I'll say.

There were definitely bad calls, but I'm not one who's going to say the referees were trying to make KC win. I will say the play that didn't count wasn't a bad call, it was just very poorly handled.
I assume you're missing the point, so I'll post this to make it clearer. This is the exact same play.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Thomas Edward Patrick Lavon Brady Mahomes JR?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:12 am
I assume you're missing the point, so I'll post this to make it clearer. This is the exact same play.

I don't see holds on that play. I can't really see where Allegretti's hands are (#66) so that could be one but from that view I can't tell - too blurry. I don't see his hands outside of the Bengals players pads though. I have no idea what the second "blatant" hold is on that play.

Post by JazzNU »

A year to the day later

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I think the part in which he said he used his emotional, long winded retirement speech already was fine.
Yes, time to go, and he leaves as the GOAT of QB's. The numbers are too far out.
He will be on some NFL show soon enough.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

He had already signed a contract to become the analyst on Fox's #1 broadcast. IE Greg Olsen's current spot. He'll go back to #2.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/tom-brady ... ox-sports/
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:11 pm A year to the day later

Why did he decide to retire on the first day of Black History month? Think this should have been done yesterday.

Also, have anyone seen his ex-wife reaction?

Post by JazzNU »

patrick wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:01 pm
Why did he decide to retire on the first day of Black History month? Think this should have been done yesterday.

Also, have anyone seen his ex-wife reaction?
He did the same thing last year. I think he's thinking February and enough time to not distract from the Super Bowl and not this is the first day of Black History Month. I have a very hard time believing he's thought about that aspect. And given his family makeup, I think if that had gotten back to him last year, he might have thought about it announcing it yesterday.

Gisele said something like, wishing you wonderful things in your next chapter.