by ti-amie CENTRE COURT - 1:30PM

1. Novak Djokovic v Jannik Sinner
2. Marie Bouzkova v Ons Jabeur

NO.1 COURT - 1:00PM

1. Tatjana Maria v Jule Niemeier
2. David Goffin v Cameron Norrie

NO.2 COURT - 11:00AM

1. Nicole Melichar-Martinez / Ellen Perez v Barbora Krejcikova / Katerina Siniakova

2. James Blake / Daniel Nestor v Tommy Haas / Mark Philippoussis
Not Before: 2:00pm
3. TBD v Jonny O'Mara / Alicia Barnett

4. Todd Woodbridge / Cara Black v Thomas Johansson / Mary Joe Fernandez

NO.3 COURT - 12:00PM

1. Casey Dellacqua / Alicia Molik v Daniela Hantuchova / Laura Robson

Not Before: 1:30pm
2. Shuko Aoyama / Hao-Ching Chan v Lyudmyla Kichenok / Jelena Ostapenko
3. Kevin Krawietz / Andreas Mies v Nikola Mektic / Mate Pavic

COURT 12 - 11:00AM

1. Gabriel Debru v Aidan Kim
Not Before: 1:30pm
2. Juan Sebastian Cabal / Robert Farah v Denis Kudla / Jack Sock

3. Nenad Zimonjic / Marion Bartoli v Mark Woodforde / Iva Majoli

4. Robert Farah / Jelena Ostapenko v Neal Skupski / Desirae Krawczyk

COURT 18 - 12:00PM

1. Mansour Bahrami / Conchita Martinez v Thomas Enqvist / Rennae Stubbs
2. Vania King / Yaroslava Shvedova v Anna-Lena Groenefeld / Karolina Sprem
3. Jurgen Melzer / Gilles Muller v Jonathan Marray / Frederik Nielsen
4. Arnaud Clement / Michael Llodra v Marcos Baghdatis / Xavier Malisse

COURT 4 - 11:00AM

1. Martin Landaluce v Edward Winter
Not Before: 1:00pm
2. William Jansen v Gilles Arnaud Bailly
3. Mia Kupres / Ranah Akua Stoiber v Chelsea Fontenel / Johanne Christine Svendsen
4. Denislava Glushkova / Hayu Kinoshita v Liv Hovde / Qavia Lopez
5. Luciana Moyano / Lucciana Perez Alarcon v Sayaka Ishii / Lanlana Tararudee

COURT 5 - 11:00AM

1. Dino Prizmic v Coleman Wong
2. Michael Zheng v Martin Antonio Vergara Del Puerto
3. Bor Artnak v Alexander Frusina
4. Rose Marie Nijkamp / Angella Okutoyi v Georgia Pedone / Kaitlin Quevedo
5. Andrea Obradovic / Aruzhan Sagandikova v Annabelle Xu / Naomi Xu

COURT 6 - 11:00AM

1. Edas Butvilas v Ozan Colak
2. Pedro Rodenas v Jakub Mensik
3. Paul Barbier Gazeu v Martyn Pawelski
4. Talia Neilson Gatenby / Mingge Xu v Kristyna Tomajkova / Nina Vargova

COURT 7 - 12:00PM

1. Kilian Feldbausch v Hynek Barton
2. Isabelle Lacy / Ella McDonald v Yu-Yun Li / Sara Saito
3. Given Roach / Millie Skelton v Lucia Peyre / Mia Slama

COURT 8 - 11:00AM

1. Gonzalo Bueno v Learner Tien
2. Alexander Blockx v Ignacio Buse
3. Sonya Macavei / Julie Struplova v Alexis Blokhina / Luca Udvardy
4. Amelie Van Impe / Amelia Waligora v Lucija Ciric Bagaric / Nikola Daubnerova

COURT 14 - 11:00AM

1. Kalin Ivanovski v Rodrigo Pacheco Mendez
2. Jaden Weekes v Mili Poljicak

Not Before: 3:00pm

3. Flavia Pennetta / Francesca Schiavone v Jelena Jankovic / Agnieszka Radwanska
4. Goran Ivanisevic / Mary Pierce v Greg Rusedski / Anne Keothavong

COURT 15 - 11:00AM

1. Peter Benjamin Privara v Nishesh Basavareddy
2. Joao Fonseca v Sebastian Gorzny
3. Kayla Cross / Victoria Mboko v Sandugash Kenzhibayeva / Zhanel Rustemova
4. Ella Seidel / Joelle Lilly Sophie Steur v Anastasiya Lopata / Aysegul Mert

COURT 17 - 11:00AM

1. Hannah Klugman / Hephzibah Oluwadare v Weronika Ewald / Isis Louise Van Den Broek
2. Sofia Johnson / Daniela Piani v Renata Jamrichova / Olivia Lincer
3. Nikola Bartunkova / Celine Naef v Carolina Kuhl / Tereza Valentova
4. Irina Balus / Taylah Preston v Linda Klimovicova / Dominika Salkova

TO BE ARRANGED 1 -
Not Before: 5:00pm
1. Kim Clijsters / Martina Hingis v Nathalie Dechy / Barbara Schett
Not Before: 5:00pm
2. Bob Bryan / Mike Bryan v Fernando Gonzalez / Sebastien Grosjean

The Committee, while adhering as closely as possible to the order of play given, is unable to guarantee that it will be maintained in its entirety.
This may result in matches being moved from one court to another. GERRY ARMSTRONG - REFEREE

by ashkor87 Wow! Awesome line-up today ..looking forward to Sinner-Djokovic..could actually go either way..their games are not even that dissimilar..

by Cuckoo4Coco Would love to see Sinner and Bouzkova win, but don't think it is gonna happen.

by ponchi101 Only one match between Jannick and Novak. 1-0 Novak, Monte Carlo, 4&2, last year.
I wonder if Darren can prepare him a good tactical match.
First meeting between Ons and Bouzkova.

by Deuce In clearly the most significant and anticipated match of the day, I'm going with Philippoussis and Haas to upset Blake and Nestor...

The Todd Woodbridge / Cara Black v Thomas Johansson / Mary Joe Fernandez mixed doubles match is an absolute toss-up, though.

by Deuce Maria has settled down after losing the 1st set to Niemeier (who looked quite good).
Now it's Maria's turn to be looking good - up 4-1 in the second.
It's an interesting match thus far.

Djokovic was quickly up 3-0 in the 1st, but Sinner's come back to tie it 5-5...

by Cuckoo4Coco I really thought the Niemeier and Marie match would be a tight one and it looks like it is gonna be that way.

by ponchi101 Lots of UE's on that one. I was watching it because I saw Novak was 4-1 up, and decided that that one would end in quick three straight.
And now jannik serving for the set. Hard to believe (for me).

by Suliso That Jannik guy is not really that bad (7-5).

by Deuce Niemeier looked unbeatable at many points in the 1st set. But the tide has completely turned now, with Maria having all of the momentum after winning the 2nd 6-2.
Niemeier just tried a drop shot which landed about 10 feet from the net - on her side of the court.

There's no substitute for experience...

by Cuckoo4Coco Not gonna crown him the match winner yet, but he is gonna make it exciting.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote:Lots of UE's on that one. I was watching it because I saw Novak was 4-1 up, and decided that that one would end in quick three straight.
And now jannik serving for the set. Hard to believe (for me).
Same. I was just checking scores now and then and couldn’t believe it.

I thought maybe Maria’s experience would make the difference today. Agree with Deuce in no substitute for experience. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Cuckoo4Coco Now Sinner is up a set and a break in the 2nd set.

by Deuce
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:54 pm Now Sinner is up a set and a break in the 2nd set.
Over the past 7 years or so, that has meant nothing in a Djokovic (or Nadal) match - it was as good as even, because those guys have always found a way to win even when they've been behind and it hasn't looked good for them.
We'll see if that continues today, though.

by ponchi101 Niemeier simply cannot put a volley away, not a smash. Everything goes down the middle. Not bad technique on either shot, but she hits everything down the middle. Not gonna work that way.

by Cuckoo4Coco Sinner is a service game away from going up 2 sets to 0.

by ponchi101
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:04 pm Niemeier simply cannot put a volley away, not a smash. Everything goes down the middle. Not bad technique on either shot, but she hits everything down the middle. Not gonna work that way.
And then they showed the stats, and she is 17/23 in serve and volley points.
I guess I must be blind.

by ashkor87 Sinner is going to pull it off...like Berdych, whom he sort of looks like (he is better, though, quicker and lighter!)

by Cuckoo4Coco
ashkor87 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:18 pm Sinner is going to pull it off...like Berdych, whom he sort of looks like (he is better, though, quicker and lighter!)
If he gets a break in this 3rd set he is gonna do it.

The Marie and Niemeier match is going down to the wire.

by ponchi101 The Maria-Neimeier match has become thrilling. Some very good points during this final stretch.

by Deuce Experience wins.

by ponchi101 Maria wins.
A 34 yo mother of 2 is in the semis of Wimbledon. That is quite a story.

by Cuckoo4Coco Great win for Tatjana in a hard fought 3 setter.

Now if Bouzkova upsets Jabeur we will definitely have at least 1 unseeded player in the Final.

by ashkor87 Djoko serving better now..that is making a difference..interesting to see how important first serve percentage is even for great players who have so much else to their game!

by Cuckoo4Coco
ashkor87 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:45 pm Djoko serving better now..that is making a difference..interesting to see how important first serve percentage is even for great players who have so much else to their game!
Also Sinner not serving as well.

by Suliso Sinner has only been broken twice in three sets. It will go at least four, though.

by Deuce Djokovic has found the extra gear that he is known for, and has just taken the 3rd set 6-3.
Can he maintain it for another two sets?

From this point on, it's Djokovic's experience and perseverance vs. Sinner's youthful energy and inexperience.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:28 pm Maria wins.
A 34 yo mother of 2 is in the semis of Wimbledon. That is quite a story.
Hell of a story. She said, "Some people like to go skydiving. I like to go have a kid and come back to play tennis." She's gotten a lucky break with the draw, but luck is part of sports. And she beat a legit contender in Ostapenko by extending the match, and also took out Sakkari.

by Cuckoo4Coco
Suliso wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:52 pm Sinner has only been broken twice in three sets. It will go at least four, though.
Look at how his 1st Serve % has dropped though.

by ponchi101 Djokovic in 5.
Our luck (TAT'ers) is sometimes weird. Just last week, we were talking about Sinner having stagnated. Now, regardless of the result here, this is certainly progress. A QF showing, and two sets off Novak. And Cahill certainly made, at least, a bit of a difference.

by ponchi101 BTW. I know Novak was trying to be helpful, assisting Jannik up. But you never, never assist an injured person up. You can actually hurt them more.

by ponchi101 Centre Court basically empty for the Ons/Marie match. It would be easy to score one of those 5-Pound resale tickets. Are those still in use?

by jazzyg Sinner was not ready for the moment.

I do not think I will ever like his game--too one-dimensional and power-laden--but I like everything else about him. His professionalism, his desire to get better and his attitude are impeccable.

by meganfernandez Jabeur missed two routine shots from 3-5 deuce to drop the set. The first was a sitter a foot off the net that she tried to slice behind Bouzkova - netted it. Next, she hit a great first serve down the T and came in. Bouzkova got the ball to Jabeur's feet and she just netted the half volley, also from a foot off the net. Missing the first one probably hurt her on the second. At least Jabeur is getting her chances. She has to tighten things up.

by ponchi101 Sinner and Carlitos are immediately likeable players.
I liked Sinner's statement that he learned about values from his parents, who still work at a restaurant. He said something along the lines that he had seen his parents work hard all his life to provide him with the opportunity to play tennis, and he knew he was very fortunate.

by ponchi101 Ons has figured this one out.

by Cuckoo4Coco Just got back from practice and saw that Novak came all the way back from 2 sets down.

Now I turn on the Norrie and Goffin match and that is in the 5th set.

Bouzkova is also given a hard time to Jabeur.

by ponchi101 A day of comebacks. Novak down from 2, Maria down from 1, Ons down from 2, Norrie was down 1-2 (sets). Let's see how that one works out.

by Cuckoo4Coco Going into the match between Jabeur and Bouzkoza, I really didn't think Bouzkova had much of a chance at all although I hoped she would make a match of it. She has really done that and still has a chance to pull this out. If she can do it that side of the draw is a complete free for all to the final.

by ponchi101 Either one of these two would be favored over Maria.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:06 pm Either one of these two would be favored over Maria.
Yes they would.

ESPN makes me so mad.

They would rather have an interview with Novak after his match rather than show a live ladies match that is supposed to be what they are showing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:09 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:06 pm Either one of these two would be favored over Maria.
Yes they would.

ESPN makes me so mad.

They would rather have an interview with Novak after his match rather than show a live ladies match that is supposed to be what they are showing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ugh, at least split the screen! Or just show the interview later. It's not urgent.

by meganfernandez Ons she goes! Jabeur got a slow start but found her A game and ran away with it 1 and 1 in the second and third sets. Playing so well. Her first Slam semi!

Interview reveals that Ons and Tatjana Maria are close friends. Ons knows her family. Called her "my barbecue buddy."

by Cuckoo4Coco Jabeur has to be the major favorite to make the final. I really hope she goes up against Amanda. It is really gonna be tough for Amanda to get to the final with Halep then probably Rybakina, but I am hoping.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:37 pm Jabeur has to be the major favorite to make the final. I really hope she goes up against Amanda. It is really gonna be tough for Amanda to get to the final with Halep then probably Rybakina, but I am hoping.
Top half is so much harder. Ons is the big favorite. Hope she and Tatjana enjoy the match. They know each other's games well.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:41 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:37 pm Jabeur has to be the major favorite to make the final. I really hope she goes up against Amanda. It is really gonna be tough for Amanda to get to the final with Halep then probably Rybakina, but I am hoping.
Top half is so much harder. Ons is the big favorite. Hope she and Tatjana enjoy the match. They know each other's games well.
Just heard they are really good friends. It will be a great match to watch.

by ti-amie Were the Cambridges at the Sinner/Djokovic match? The definitely found their way to Court 1 and were avidly cheering Norrie on. Djokovic was upset that none of the British royals hung around for his late match the other day.

by ponchi101 They were. They then moved to support the last remaining Briton.
Ons/Tatjana: I saw the interview with Tati (we can no longer treat her as a stranger). She also mentioned their friendship, said she was rooting for her in the next match, said Ons has been a babysitter for her kids. Tennis wise: prepare to see more slices in one match that you will see in all of the other WTA matches for one year. Tati used it deftly against Niemeier, as was expected.
Ons 80%, Tati 20%. Odds for that match.

by ponchi101 BTW. Maria has made the semis. That would have been 720 Pts; she has 654, at the #103 position. Those 720 points would have moved her ahead of Cornet, around 36, and would have ensure entry at the USO, Aussie and RG next year. So, roughly, the Russia ban and subsequent lack of points has cost her her best ranking ever, and three direct Slam entries, worth at least $200K.

by nelslus
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:25 pm BTW. Maria has made the semis. That would have been 720 Pts; she has 654, at the #103 position. Those 720 points would have moved her ahead of Cornet, around 36, and would have ensure entry at the USO, Aussie and RG next year. So, roughly, the Russia ban and subsequent lack of points has cost her her best ranking ever, and three direct Slam entries, worth at least $200K.
AND, consider the following- Maria wins Wimbledon, but could conceivably then have to qualify to play the US Open.

by nelslus
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:54 pmHell of a story. She said, "Some people like to go skydiving. I like to go have a kid and come back to play tennis." She's gotten a lucky break with the draw, but luck is part of sports. And she beat a legit contender in Ostapenko by extending the match, and also took out Sakkari.
That ain't a description of lucky breaks in a draw IMO. She best high quality players- three seeds- in very tough matches.

by Suliso It also made her nearly 600k which might not have happened with someone like Sabalenka around.

by meganfernandez
nelslus wrote:
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:25 pm BTW. Maria has made the semis. That would have been 720 Pts; she has 654, at the #103 position. Those 720 points would have moved her ahead of Cornet, around 36, and would have ensure entry at the USO, Aussie and RG next year. So, roughly, the Russia ban and subsequent lack of points has cost her her best ranking ever, and three direct Slam entries, worth at least $200K.
AND, consider the following- Maria wins Wimbledon, but could conceivably then have to qualify to play the US Open.
I hope she gets wild cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:41 pm
The most likely scenario in the Final is going to be Halep against Jabeur and that is gonna be a great Final. I hope it is Anisimova against Jabeur, but I doubt that is going to happen.

by meganfernandez
nelslus wrote:
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:54 pmHell of a story. She said, "Some people like to go skydiving. I like to go have a kid and come back to play tennis." She's gotten a lucky break with the draw, but luck is part of sports. And she beat a legit contender in Ostapenko by extending the match, and also took out Sakkari.
That ain't a description of lucky breaks in a draw IMO. She best high quality players- three seeds- in very tough matches.
Just a little bit lucky - to get a qualifier in the quarters and be in a section with a weak #2 seed. A little luck is normal to go deep in a Slam. Full credit for the tough wins.

Compared to the top half, I think she got a relatively easy draw until now.

Maria has played 4 three-setters, long matches, and Jabeur has only played one and cruised most of the way. Wonder if Maria will be tired.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:45 pm
nelslus wrote:
Just a little bit lucky - to get a qualifier in the quarters and be in a section with a weak #2 seed. A little luck is normal to go deep in a Slam. Full credit for the tough wins.

Compared to the top half, I think she got a relatively easy draw until now.

Maria has played 4 three-setters, long matches, and Jabeur has only played one and cruised most of the way. Wonder if Maria will be tired.
It doesn't hurt to get lucky that is for sure. I wear hats and visors on the court that say Lucky In Love. Love not meaning the romantic love, but in the tennis Love sense. So yeah it is really good to be lucky in tennis.

I don't know how lucky Tatjana will be against her good friend Ons, but I hope they both have good fun with the match.

by ponchi101
Suliso wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:40 pm It also made her nearly 600k which might not have happened with someone like Sabalenka around.
Not a total loss, certainly. But the Sabalenka possibility would have been the same as drawing Ons in the first round as opposed to the SF's. The no points, on the other hand, was a certainty from the beginning.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:57 pm It doesn't hurt to get lucky that is for sure. I wear hats and visors on the court that say Lucky In Love.
I like that brand! They have collaborated with Bethanie Mattek-Sands on some wild looks.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:54 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:57 pm It doesn't hurt to get lucky that is for sure. I wear hats and visors on the court that say Lucky In Love.
I like that brand! They have collaborated with Bethanie Mattek-Sands on some wild looks.
I think their stuff is really awesome. I didn't know Bethanie was with the brand. so cool.

by meganfernandez I didn’t know Niemeier was up a break in the third set, 4-2. Oof. Hope we see more of her, though.