by Togtdyalttai Here's the place to brag up your losers when they board a flight home and to sulk when they stick around in Oz. A pick tracker will be up after the start of main draw play and will be updated daily in the best case, and the scoreboard will be updated after each round.

by Togtdyalttai A pick tracker has been posted at contests/ycwj/2021-AO-YCWJ-Pick-Tracker.htm. Please check your picks to make sure I've entered them correctly, and let me know if anything is amiss.

by Togtdyalttai We had one contestant with each of the scores of 20, 19, and 18 in the first round: tenedab, sokol, and IronMike, respectively. As the median score was 16, I would say we did quite well as a whole. But then there were those of us who couldn't make it to 10...

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Another swell start to a YCWJ contest.

by dave g Nice going tenedab

by Togtdyalttai Through two rounds, tenedab continues to lead. While IronMike and sokol are still in second and third, they have fallen back a bit. Many others are still waiting in the wings.

All of us are now safely into double digits, saving us from the ignominy of some of last year's awful scores. Jatagen is in the driver's seat for the contest's wooden spoon, but others could still catch up.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

by ponchi101 My god. I am getting the wooden spoon of the wooden spoon contest.
I really, really should not be running this board. What do I know about this sport? :cry:

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:18 am My god. I am getting the wooden spoon of the wooden spoon contest.
I really, really should not be running this board. What do I know about this sport? :cry:
Hey, you've won this contest before. I've run the dadgum thing for almost half my life, and I still can't win one. :oops:

by ponchi101 And you are the other admin? Man, how on earth these people trust us... :shock:

by PeterSkan Um - well, I *thought* I had a pretty good group of losers ...

by Togtdyalttai Tenedab continues to lead, but there are more contestants close to that lead now. IronMike is still in second, three points back. Dave g and deelighted2 had the best scores of the round, and the former is one back of IronMike.

Jatagen is our wooden spoon winner, finishing with 10 points! Ponchi and I, despite our grumbling, barely avoided that distinction.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

by dave g I need Pegula to beat Svitolina to have a chance of catching tenedab. I haven't checked anyone else's chance of catching tenedab.

by Togtdyalttai IronMike has taken the lead in this contest, but deelighted2 is now probably in the best position to win. Dave g is also theoretically alive, but will need both of his remaining picks to survive two more rounds, and one to yield a wooden spoon winner. Former leader tenedab is now in fourth and has been eliminated from contention. No one else outside of the top 3 has a shot either.

Compared to previous contests, there is a fairly low pick diversity for this point in the contest, considering that there are still quite a few contestants with at least one pick remaining. Only 5 out of the 16 quarterfinalists are represented. Compare this to last year's US Open, which had 10 out of the 16 quarterfinalists represented. This accounts for why so few contestants have a chance to win at this point.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai After the quarterfinals, we know two of the contest's winners. Deelighted2 and Dave g will both be champions, both earning a medal. IronMike will join them if Brady defeats Muchova today. All three are currently tied at 56 points.

I'm extremely surprised that we've now had two ties in a row after never having one in 15 (or so) years of this contest. A three-way tie would be even stranger. We'll see if Brady can deliver that!

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

by PeterSkan How can I have 1 pick remaining but score no points at the QF's?

by Togtdyalttai
PeterSkan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:17 am How can I have 1 pick remaining but score no points at the QF's?
I forgot to update the picks remaining column. It should be fixed now.

by Togtdyalttai It's a three-way tie! Dave g, deelighted2, and IronMike will all finish with 56 points after Jennifer Brady defeated Karolina Muchova. Your medals have been awarded.

Only one contestant has a pick left: ponchi101. That's Yasutaka Uchiyama, who will be the men's wooden spoon winner if Djokovic loses in the final. If instead he wins, Andreas Seppi (if Medvedev beats Tstitsipas) or Jan-Lennard Struff (if Tsitsipas beats Medvedev) will take home the last place trophy. No contestants have a women's pick remaining. Krystyna Pliskova (if Osaka wins) or Elena Rybakina (if Brady wins) will be the women's wooden spoon winner.

A final recap will follow after the finals.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai Links to the final scoreboard and pick tracker are below. A recap will follow in a separate thread.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard