JPN M.Kato/GER T.Puetz vs CAN B.Andreescu/NZL M.Venus
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
SEMIFINALS
CZE K.Muchova vs --- A.Sabalenka (2)
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
SEMIFINALS
POL I.Swiatek (1) vs BRA B.Haddad Maia (14)

Court SUZANNE-LENGLEN

Women’s Legends
BEL K.Clijsters/DEN C.Wozniacki vs ITA F.Pennetta/ITA F.Schiavone
Mixed Legends
UPCOMING
ARG G.Dulko/UKR A.Medvedev vs ARG G.Sabatini/SWE M.Wilander
Men’s Legends
UPCOMING
USA M.Chang/USA J.Mcenroe vs FRA S.Grosjean/FRA C.Pioline

Court SIMONNE-MATHIEU

Men’s Doubles
SEMIFINALS
ESP M.Granollers (10)/ARG H.Zeballos (10) VS CRO I.Dodig (4)/USA A.Krajicek (4)
Men’s Doubles
UPCOMING
SEMIFINALS
NED M.Middelkoop (12)/GER A.Mies (12) vs BEL S.Gille/BEL J.Vliegen

Court 14

Girls’ Singles
--- A.Oktiabreva vs USA C.Ngounoue (2)
Boys’ Singles
UPCOMING
BOL JC.Prado Angelo (8) vs AUT J.Schwaerzler (15)
Girls’ Singles
UPCOMING
--- A.Ibragimova vs PER L.Perez Alarcon (6)
Boys’ Doubles
UPCOMING
AUS C.Camus/CZE J.Hrazdil vs FRA P.Barbier Gazeu/SRB V.Radjenovic

Court 7

Women’s Wheelchair Singles
SEMIFINALS
NED D.De Groot (1) vs JPN M.Ohtani (4)
Men’s Wheelchair Singles
UPCOMING
SEMIFINALS
GBR A.Hewett (1) vs ARG G.Fernandez (3)
Women’s Wheelchair Doubles
UPCOMING
NED D.De Groot/ARG MF.Moreno vs NED J.Griffioen/JPN M.Ohtani
Men’s Wheelchair Doubles
UPCOMING
JPN D.Arai/JPN T.Miki vs ESP M.De La Puente (2)/ARG G.Fernandez (2)

Court 6

Girls’ Singles
JPN M.Crossley (8) vs --- A.Korneeva (3)
Boys’ Singles
UPCOMING
BRA J.Fonseca (10) vs USA L.Tien
Girls’ Doubles
UPCOMING
--- A.Korneeva (1)/JPN S.Saito (1) vs GBR RA.Stoiber/GBR M.Xu
Girls’ Doubles
UPCOMING
--- A.Gureva/JPN H.Kinoshita vs JPN S.Ishii (4)/JPN E.Koike (4)

Court 10

Girls’ Doubles
SRB R.Jamrichova (3) ITA/F.Urgesi (3) vs ROU M.Gae (7) GBR E.Mcdonald (7)
Boys’ Singles
UPCOMING
USA D.Blanch vs USA C.Williams (9)
Girls’ Doubles
UPCOMING
USA TC.Grant (6)/USA C.Ngounoue (6) vs CZE A.Kovackova/CZE L.Samsonova
Boys’ Doubles
UPCOMING
--- Y.Demin (1)/MEX R.Pacheco Mendez (1) vs USA L.Tien (6)/USA C.Williams (6)

Court 11

Boys’ Singles
CRO D.Prizmic (3) vs GBR H.Searle
Girls’ Singles
UPCOMING
DEN R.Munk Mortensen vs --- A.Gureva
Boys’ Doubles
UPCOMING
ITA F.Bondioli (5)/CZE M.Mrva (5) vs ITA L.Sciahbasi/ITA G.Vulpitta
Boys’ Doubles
UPCOMING
GER D.Fix/GER M.Majdandzic vs USA M.Exsted/SUI P.Schoen

Court 12

Quad Wheelchair Singles
SEMIFINALS
USA D.Wagner vs NED S.Schroder (2)
Quad Wheelchair Singles
UPCOMING
SEMIFINALS
NED N.Vink (1) vs JPN K.Sugeno

Court 13

Women’s Wheelchair Singles
SEMIFINALS
NED J.Griffioen (3) vs JPN Y.Kamiji (2)
Men’s Wheelchair Singles
UPCOMING
SEMIFINALS
ESP M.De La Puente vs JPN T.Oda (2)
Women’s Wheelchair Doubles
UPCOMING
USA D.Mathewson/GBR L.Shuker vs FRA P.Deroulede/FRA E.Morch
Men’s Wheelchair Doubles
UPCOMING
NED M.Scheffers/NED R.Spaargaren vs BEL J.Gerard/JPN T.Oda

by ponchi101 That was a fine, fine, FINE, first set. I thought Muchova would not take it, after not serving for it, and failing to stretch that 3-0 lead in the TB.
Let's see if this goes three. With this quality, let's hope so.

by jazzyg That tiebreak was a dip in form but this has been a riveting match.

Can Muchova hang in there mentally?

by Suliso I think Sabalenka will romp to a relatively easy finish from here.

by ponchi101 I don't know when you wrote that, but easy has been relative. Despite the 5-2 lead, the games have been close.

by Suliso Well, I was just a point away from being right...

by Suliso Color me very surprised in how it ended... Great for Muchova of course. :)

by jazzyg That was quite the choke.

Hope Muchova will be fit for the final.

by ponchi101 Great match, but that was a huge collapse by Aryna.
I think that Muchova hurt herself; she was grabbing her thigh at the end of the match.
Chances for the final? 40%?

by ponchi101
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:23 pm Color me very surprised in how it ended... Great for Muchova of course. :)
Yes. The ending were too many errors from Aryna. I will take a bit of credit, because I said this: Aryna hits a gorgeous ball. But when she starts spraying balls, they start landing longer and wider and all over the place.

by Suliso Yes, but was there an obvious reasons why she collapsed like that? I didn't see it...

by jlhct Wow, I tuned into RG Radio when Sabalenka was up 5-2, 30-0. The commentators made a comment about Muchova's tired looking FH and how they could see no way she could come back from this.
Then, work called. I came back and was :shock:

by ponchi101
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:29 pm Yes, but was there an obvious reasons why she collapsed like that? I didn't see it...
None whatsoever. She kept hitting her same strokes, and they just stopped landing in. It was a collapse because of the score: from 5-2 to losing, so she collapsed by definition. But the games were very close, except for that last one.
It is a bad loss, but the quality of the match was so high I will not call it a "terrible loss", technically.

by ponchi101 Now, please. GO BHM!!!! Let's have one of those odd finals...

by ashkor87
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:25 pm Great match, but that was a huge collapse by Aryna.
I think that Muchova hurt herself; she was grabbing her thigh at the end of the match.
10%

by ponchi101 Does anybody know why Iga is not playing with the ON shoes? They do have a THE ROGER for women, and one specifically for clay.

by ashkor87 Swiatek strangely tentative now, second set...missing the high putaways...which she never missed...

by nelslus
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:25 pm I think Sabalenka will romp to a relatively easy finish from here.
,,,,All these years later- the Suliso Touch never fails. :gorgeous:

by ti-amie Suliso!

Now I know why I turned away from the first semi with Sabalenka up 5-2 in the third and came back to 5 all and Muchova taking the third set 7-5.

by ti-amie When Bia had that break and didn't consolidate I knew it was over. She tried but mentally she wasn't at the level she needed to be. She has the game and knew to try and slow Iga down but that loss was between her ears.

by ponchi101 What do we make of BHM now? Is she a solid member of the top 10, for at least some time now? He can claim a good result on clay, has two trophies on grass, and beat Iga on hards last year. Can she claim a top spot, a player that can truly be counted at all tournaments?

by patrick Define top spot. No on all tournaments

by ponchi101 A top player = Somebody that will seldom lose to lower ranked players, especially if there is considerable separation (not top 50). Somebody that can be counted to go deep in all 250's and get 1 or 2 tournaments a year at that level. Expected to reach 3R and beyond at slams (last year she came to Wimby with two grass titles and lost in 1R). Not losing sets by bagels or breadsticks against even the likes of Iga or Aryna.
is she there?

by ashkor87 I am very impressed with BHM..she has the game to beat anyone ..she will be a force at W and the USO too..to me, yes, she is a Tier 2 player, on the cusp of Tier 1...

by Owendonovan
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:35 pm Does anybody know why Iga is not playing with the ON shoes? They do have a THE ROGER for women, and one specifically for clay.
I don't think On is quite there yet with the kind of technical demands an elite athlete needs, though I think it's coming. they're not as established in the elite world sneaker-wise. If you wear Nike, Adidas, Puma, etc. from ages 5-20, it's probably a hard transition to another brand, at least mentally. I would think.

by Owendonovan
jazzyg wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:24 pm That was quite the choke.

Hope Muchova will be fit for the final.
Shades of Clijsters.

by ashkor87
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:27 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:25 pm Great match, but that was a huge collapse by Aryna.
10%
I think you are right..40%

by ashkor87 But BHM being a leftie was a factor..Muchova is more conventional and I hear they practice together a lot, so no surprise element ...30% maybe..?

by ponchi101 Muchova is a very well rounded player. She is very good at the net, does not make swinging volleys but rather goes for the smash, has a very good slice BH. I say technically, she is more solid than BHM, by just a bit.
Meet you half way. 1/3 chance for Muchova, IF SHE WINS THE FIRST SET. We know how good Iga is when running in front.

by ponchi101
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:15 pm What do we make of BHM now? Is she a solid member of the top 10, for at least some time now? He can claim a good result on clay, has two trophies on grass, and beat Iga on hards last year. Can she claim a top spot, a player that can truly be counted at all tournaments?
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:55 pm A top player = Somebody that will seldom lose to lower ranked players, especially if there is considerable separation (not top 50). Somebody that can be counted to go deep in all 250's and get 1 or 2 tournaments a year at that level. Expected to reach 3R and beyond at slams (last year she came to Wimby with two grass titles and lost in 1R). Not losing sets by bagels or breadsticks against even the likes of Iga or Aryna.
is she there?
This was answered very quickly...

by ti-amie I'm willing to give BHM the benefit of the doubt here. She played several three setters at RG and I thought it was insane that she took a WC (appearance fee could play a part in her decision). That said it still looks bad for the tour when someone comes in red hot after a Slam and loses to someone you have to look up because you've never heard of her before.

by ponchi101 But that was a bit my point. I agree: she should have withdrawn (although one quick match during the week may be of help) but when I was saying she was ready to take that next step, SPLAT!, flat on her face against an unknown opponent (until now).
Let's see next week.