WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
V. Kudermetova [13]/L. Samsonova [13] vs ITA J. Paolini/CHN X. Wang

COURT 4 11:00 AM

WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
USA L. Davis/CZE A. Detiuc vs CAN G. Dabrowski [16]/NZL E. Routliffe [16]
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
ESP R. Carballes Baena/ESP B. Zapata Miralles vs CRO I. Dodig [2]/USA A. Krajicek [2]
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
GBR K. Boulter/KAZ Y. Putintseva vs TPE F. Wu/CHN L. Zhu
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
E. Avanesyan/K. Rakhimova vs FRA C. Burel/FRA D. Parry

COURT 6 11:00 AM

WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
CZE L. Fruhvirtova/COL C. Osorio vs TPE S. Hsieh [8]/CHN X. Wang [8]
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
V. Azarenka/BRA B. Haddad Maia vs HUN T. Babos/HUN A. Bondar
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
ESA M. Arevalo [4]/NED J. Rojer [4] vs ARG G. Andreozzi/ARG F. Cerundolo
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
ITA E. Cocciaretto/ITA M. Trevisan vs POL M. Linette/USA B. Pera

COURT 7 11:00 AM

WOMEN'S SINGLES R2
USA P. Stearns vs DEN C. Tauson
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
NED W. Koolhof [1]/GBR N. Skupski [1] vs USA C. Eubanks/USA B. Shelton
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
KAZ A. Golubev/R. Safiullin vs USA A. Kovacevic/USA N. Moreno De Alboran
MIXED DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
USA A. Krueger/USA E. Quinn vs USA A. Muhammad/USA J. Withrow
MIXED DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
CZE K. Siniakova/BRA M. Melo vs USA B. Mattek-Sands/GBR J. Murray

COURT 8 11:00 AM

WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
I. Khromacheva/AUS D. Saville vs USA F. Crawley/USA C. Tanguilig
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
USA D. Collins/UKR N. Kichenok vs AUS S. Hunter [2]/BEL E. Mertens [2]
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
FRA A. Muller/AUT S. Ofner vs USA V. Kirkov/USA D. Kudla
MIXED DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
INA A. Sutjiadi/IND R. Bopanna vs V. Zvonareva/GER A. Mies

COURT 9 11:00 AM

MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
A. Karatsev/IND S. Myneni vs SRB L. Djere/SUI M. Huesler
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
USA N. Melichar-Martinez [5]/AUS E. Perez [5] vs ARG N. Podoroska/EGY M. Sherif
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
TPE L. Chan [11]/CHN Z. Yang [11] vs A. Blinkova/FRA V. Gracheva
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
IND Y. Bhambri/BRA M. Demoliner vs MON H. Nys [9]/POL J. Zielinski [9]

COURT 14 11:00 AM

MEN'S DOUBLES R1
MEX S. Gonzalez [7]/FRA E. Roger-Vasselin [7] vs USA M. Cressy/FRA F. Martin
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
NOR U. Eikeri/EST I. Neel vs TPE H. Chan [9]/MEX G. Olmos [9]
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
FRA P. Herbert/FRA N. Mahut vs HUN M. Fucsovics/AUS A. Popyrin
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
COL D. Galan/CHN Z. Zhang vs ESP M. Granollers [8]/ARG H. Zeballos [8]
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
A. Kalinskaya/A. Pavlyuchenkova vs USA J. Brady/BRA L. Stefani

COURT 15 11:00 AM

MEN'S DOUBLES R1
NED M. Middelkoop [14]/CRO M. Pavic [14] vs FRA S. Doumbia/FRA F. Reboul
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
GER K. Krawietz [10]/GER T. Puetz [10] vs FRA G. Barrere/FRA Q. Halys
WOMEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
UKR L. Kichenok [10]/LAT J. Ostapenko [10] vs VEN A. Gamiz/ESP S. Sorribes Tormo
MEN'S DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
ARG M. Gonzalez [5]/ARG A. Molteni [5] vs ARG P. Cachin/PER J. Varillas
MIXED DOUBLES R1
Upcoming
CHN Y. Xu/BEL J. Vliegen vs USA D. Krawczyk [2]/GBR N. Skupski [2]

MATCH PREVIEW
MEN'S AND WOMEN'S DOUBLES ALTERNATE SIGN-INS CLOSE AT 10:30AM
MIXED DOUBLES ALTERNATE SIGN-IN CLOSES AT 1:00PM
SIGN-INS LOCATED IN THE REFEREE'S OFFICE

by ashkor87 Murray-Dimitrov is the one I want to see today...and Kasatkina vs Kenin...Kenin should win, she is a champion, Daria is not...

by ashkor87 Plus Michelsen...can he step up and beat Jarry?

by ponchi101
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:33 am Plus Michelsen...can he step up and beat Jarry?
You just jinxed a whole bunch of us! :evil:
I hope not, and I have not seen him play. But he is, as you say, coming along nicely. Problem for him is that Jarry has also been getting back to his level. Might end up being a good match.

by meganfernandez

by meganfernandez

by ponchi101 Sad for Garcia.
And yes, tennis matters little in those circumstances.

by ponchi101 Andy/Grigor just went 1:03 for a 6-3 set. They were showing the Sinner/Sonego match and the talking heads were gushing over this one.

by ponchi101 And Hurkacz is out to Draper. I don't say it is a big surprise (Draper is good enough) but the score says it was one-sided.
Were there rumors of him also being sick?

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:30 pm And Hurkacz is out to Draper. I don't say it is a big surprise (Draper is good enough) but the score says it was one-sided.
Nothing confirmed yet, as far as I know. Someone tweeted that he looked sluggish.

by JTContinental I didn't see anything on Twitter, either, and the tweeters are usually on top of injury/illness stuff

by texasniteowl
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:30 pm And Hurkacz is out to Draper. I don't say it is a big surprise (Draper is good enough) but the score says it was one-sided.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but Hurkacz had some decent matches the last few weeks, so such a one-sided scoreline definitely seems a surprise to me. But then again, my memory can suck.

Is it a stomach bug going around? What's that nasty one that pops up on cruise ships? Norovirus? Sounds like all the players should be using hazmat suits!

by meganfernandez
texasniteowl wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:18 pm
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but Hurkacz had some decent matches the last few weeks, so such a one-sided scoreline definitely seems a surprise to me. But then again, my memory can suck.

Is it a stomach bug going around? What's that nasty one that pops up on cruise ships? Norovirus? Sounds like all the players should be using hazmat suits!
Hurkacz almost beat Alcaraz in Canada.

McEnroe has COVID. That's the only official diagnosis I've heard. Players have complained of breathing issues and nausea.

by nelslus ....AND the Playing a Chicago Tournament advantage strikes again!! Chicago semifinalist Bronzetti into the 3rd Round. (LOL, the day of that SF, that was the only match I got to watch, as the women's doubles final wasn't played due a team default).

by meganfernandez

by nelslus
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:39 pm
SO freakin' scary. Gotta think the Open is gonna have to address this at some point. And, i'm at least masking on the plane and at the airports now. Horrible for all those who have been impacted.

by jazzyg Hurkacz was down two sets and his opponent served for a straight sets win in the first round, so the result or the scoreline does not surprise me today. He should have lost to a lesser opponent than Draper.

He might have been sick, but like I posted a few weeks ago, he's the biggest enigma on tour. Capable of beating anyone and capable of losing to anyone.

by ti-amie There was a report that Hurkacz had the medics out and was encouraged to keep playing. He was complaining of GI issues as well.

by nelslus MMOH!!!!!!!!!!!! From 2 sets to love down. Live rankings now has Mmoh at a best ever #78. :yahoo:

by jazzyg Isner's career ended the same way Blake's did, from two sets up to losing in a fifth-set tiebreak at the US Open.

Those two could not be more different politically, but I gather they are pretty good friends. Isner was terrible in tiebreaks this year, so it was an appropriate result.

by ti-amie Matteo is on the ground being attended by the physio's. He's being walked to the sideline.

by nelslus AND now, Berrettini, down a set and a break- with a set point for Rinderknech in the second set, has to default- a foot injury, I believe. How sad. :cry:

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by nelslus AND now- it he sticks to this decision (highly likely, one would think)- Isner is fully retired. Just lost a third-set tiebreaker match with Sock, against Olivetti and Galloway.

We'll have to see if Coco decides to carry Sock (assuming he'll stick with this), to delay Sock's tennis retirement. (Pickleball, tee hee). :roll:

by ponchi101 Don't see any reason why Isner would even ATTEMPT a comeback. If there was ever a style of player that would be unable to play his game as he would age, it was his (and Karlovic's).
I have said it before: I feel he overachieved. With that mobility, he achieved a lot.
No HOF, certainly DC Captain, if he wants to.

by nelslus
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:38 pm Don't see any reason why Isner would even ATTEMPT a comeback. If there was ever a style of player that would be unable to play his game as he would age, it was his (and Karlovic's).
I have said it before: I feel he overachieved. With that mobility, he achieved a lot.
No HOF, certainly DC Captain, if he wants to.
I mean, he's 38, and pretty banged up. Gotta think he even realizes that there wouldn't exactly be too many highlight reels left in the tank.

by JTContinental Kenin is cleaning Kasatkina's clock. Daria's first serve is averaging 83 mph, and her groundstrokes are mostly landing long or near the service line

by nelslus
JTContinental wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:12 am Kenin is cleaning Kasatkina's clock. Daria's first serve is averaging 83 mph, and her groundstrokes are mostly landing long or near the service line
LOL, I swear, a few minutes ago, I was gonna post- all is good IF Kenin can keep her level up. So..... :?:

by JTContinental I totally jinxed her

by meganfernandez
JTContinental wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:12 am Kenin is cleaning Kasatkina's clock. Daria's first serve is averaging 83 mph, and her groundstrokes are mostly landing long or near the service line
It's inexcusable for a top pro to have a serve this poor. Think of how good she would be with a decent server, or, God forbid, a weapon for a serve. Hardly any women have a serve weapon, and they should.

by JTContinental ESPN won't tear itself away from this boring Alcaraz match for even one second. Jabeur trailing a minibreak in a first set tiebreak only merits half a screen.

by ponchi101
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:45 am
It's inexcusable for a top pro to have a serve this poor. Think of how good she would be with a decent server, or, God forbid, a weapon for a serve. Hardly any women have a serve weapon, and they should.
And the Russians are peculiarly guilty. Dementieva, Safina, Miskina all had deficient serves. Sharapova had a serve because she was really an American product.
I wonder if it is because they have no other sports in which they throw something. (A javelin in athletics is a different motion). They never learn a proper motion to get proper speed on a ball (or racquet).

by nelslus AND, now Jack Sock is officially retired from tennis. Coco and Sock lost to Alycia and Kudla 6-2, 7-6 (2). Keeping in mind that Sock served for the second set at 5-4.... and got broken at love- including two double faults.

by ti-amie Kasatkina and her horrid Adidas kit pulled it out 6-4 in the third.

by jazzyg Kasatkina has done a lot more winning than Kenin in the last two years, and that was the difference in a terrible third set from both players.

by nelslus
JTContinental wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:38 am I totally jinxed her
Yes. It can be confirmed. Yes you did.

Have you no shame? :gorgeous:

by nelslus
ti-amie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:43 am Kasatkina and her horrid Adidas kit pulled it out 6-4 in the third.
True that. AND yet- to be fair- I've seen, somehow, yet even uglier outfits on some of the male players. :gorgeous:

by JTContinental now they are showing highlights of the boring Alcaraz match that just finished, while there is live tennis happening on 3 other courts

by 3mlm
JTContinental wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:01 am now they are showing highlights of the boring Alcaraz match that just finished, while there is live tennis happening on 3 other courts
I lost all coverage this afternoon when Disney pulled all Disney, ABC and ESPN channels due to a dispute with Charter. No word on when coverage might resume, if ever.

by meganfernandez O’Connell saw medics on a changeover vs Meddy. Another one sick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by JTContinental
3mlm wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:48 am
JTContinental wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:01 am now they are showing highlights of the boring Alcaraz match that just finished, while there is live tennis happening on 3 other courts
I lost all coverage this afternoon when Disney pulled all Disney, ABC and ESPN channels due to a dispute with Charter. No word on when coverage might resume, if ever.
Ugh

by ashkor87
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:45 am It's inexcusable for a top pro to have a serve this poor.
true but I think people across the world are improving.. maybe the Russian coaching system hasnt got the word yet! (Ivanovic had a pretty unstable serve, Hingis and Seles were pretty pathetic too. it is not just Russians. Sania Mirza had a very shaky serve too.. I dont like Bencic' action either - her toss constrains her too much..)

I wonder how much blame attaches to the Nick Boliterri system..a significant number of young women are alumni of his school..including Sharapova. Only the Williams sisters escaped him.

by JTContinental Sara Errani still wins the prize for worst serve on tour

by ponchi101 Indeed. Whenever one hits a double fault at the bottom on the net, one should think "I STILL have a better serve than Sara Errani!!!"

by ponchi101
ashkor87 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:36 am
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:45 am It's inexcusable for a top pro to have a serve this poor.
true but I think people across the world are improving.. maybe the Russian coaching system hasnt got the word yet! (Ivanovic had a pretty unstable serve, Hingis and Seles were pretty pathetic too. it is not just Russians. Sania Mirza had a very shaky serve too.. I dont like Bencic' action either - her toss constrains her too much..)

I wonder how much blame attaches to the Nick Boliterri system..a significant number of young women are alumni of his school..including Sharapova. Only the Williams sisters escaped him.
I will always say he did change the game a lot, but for the worse.

by ti-amie
JTContinental wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:57 am Sara Errani still wins the prize for worst serve on tour
I saw that mess live. UGH!

:vomit: