by JTContinental That's right, folks--we have 15 (!) winners in this year's pool, all who fell just one match short of beating the draw because they used Coco too early.

Let's line 'em up and call 'em out, high school graduation style:

Fastbackss
Gacritter
Gff0
Jason11E
jazzyg
joanjettson
lukeorion
nelslus
Omegadoom
Omess
patmanmo
rktct2b
Stripes
sw195ae
Tolulops

TMQ sure is glad that awarding the virtual trophies is someone else's job.

This concludes our broadcast--the 2023 women's SP tour has come to a close. Thanks for joining me and dying 4 times (most of you), and I hope you'll reincarnate again and join us in 2024!

by Fastbackss That has to be near or more than the most to ever win?

(And thank you for running it!)

Ps - hope nelslus printed something out so that fellow fans were aware of his success as he traipses around the grounds in NYC

by nelslus
Fastbackss wrote: ↑Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:24 pm That has to be near or more than the most to ever win?

(And thank you for running it!)

Ps - hope nelslus printed something out so that fellow fans were aware of his success as he traipses around the grounds in NYC
REALLY? SURELY you know how important class and decorum are to nelslus?!?! :shock:

I had a trophy superimposed with my undergarments- so I could fully enjoy this triumph privately. :gorgeous:

by nelslus AND, of course, congrats to all fellow Winners (we ARE graduates!!)- and thanks, as always, to JT and all mods for taking the considerable amount of time running these Pools. I think this is the first time I won one of these things while also being at the tournament? Exhaustion can definitely lead to the not best choices.

by sokol Hi, not sure why my name is not included. I checked the results thread and for some reason it shows "no pick" πŸ€” after my pick of Sabalenka. Like everyone else I made 11 selections and ran out of options. I have selected Sabalenka in Day 11 thread. Maybe I am missing something?

by ponchi101 Well (pant), I just finished (pant) issuing everybody's trophy (wipes sweat from brow). If you find them to be (takes some water) a bit small, it is (pants and coughs) because there were so many we needed to (bends over and puts hands on knees) spread all the metal we had (pants, coughs, wipes sweat, takes a deep breath) to make them all. But, be proud (takes some more water, and sits down) that you won an SP which (pauses to catch breath) indeed, has to be the one with the most winners ever.
πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“
I congratulate everybody (starts rubbing the Bengay on his right arm) but please, don't do this again!!!! (gets stricken by a bout of coughing). Do like the rest of us (decides it is not such a bad idea to dial 911) and pick BHM in day 3, or Garcia in day 1 (girlfriend comes over and puts hand on his forehead). Get on a bandwagon with epileptic horses at the helm!!!!

CONGRATS TEAM!!! Hope you DON'T WIN AT THE AUSSIE (because issuing those 15 trophies did take some time. Now, sorry, time for the ice bath)
If anybody's trophy is not in your chest, let me know.

by Omegadoom Congrats to ALL of my fellow medalists! What a ride that was!

Huge amount of thanks goes to JTContinental, for not only running this contest, but for the hilarious commentary provided by TMQ. You are, to quote the Tina Turner song, "Simply The Best!"

Thanks to Ponchi as well, for ALL of the hard work in forging and delivering so many medals! Hope you recover soon! ;)

PS .... :bananas:

by JTContinental
sokol wrote: ↑Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:35 pm Hi, not sure why my name is not included. I checked the results thread and for some reason it shows "no pick" πŸ€” after my pick of Sabalenka. Like everyone else I made 11 selections and ran out of options. I have selected Sabalenka in Day 11 thread. Maybe I am missing something?
You are not missing something--I transposed yours and rktct2b picks. That means you are one of the 15 winners, and rktct2b sadly was out of picks before the semifinals.

TMQ regrets the error.

by New England Nitemare Congrats to the 15 Survivors, a job well done!!!!

by sokol
JTContinental wrote: ↑Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:48 pm
You are not missing something--I transposed yours and rktct2b picks. That means you are one of the 15 winners, and rktct2b sadly was out of picks before the semifinals.

TMQ regrets the error.
No problem, I know it's a lot to manage, and errors happen. I was so excited I made it to the end, it was some years since I got a medal, and was confused not to see my name, so all good.
Thank you to everyone who runs these and make Slams more exciting and stressful for us, lol.

Congrats to all the winners!

by dave g WOW! 15 medalists! Congratulations crew.

by Gff0 Despite being one of the players who has participated since 2005, I have been in a slump for several years (or I am just getting old), so this feels pretty good to share in 1/15 of a participation ribbon.

Go Coco and Carlitos!!

by ponchi101
JTContinental wrote: ↑Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:48 pm
sokol wrote: ↑Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:35 pm Hi, not sure why my name is not included. I checked the results thread and for some reason it shows "no pick" πŸ€” after my pick of Sabalenka. Like everyone else I made 11 selections and ran out of options. I have selected Sabalenka in Day 11 thread. Maybe I am missing something?

TMQ regrets the error.
Sokol, your trophy has been awarded. :trophy:

by meganfernandez Well done, everyone. I'd love to know from you guys what your biggest risk/worry was.

by jazzyg I almost lost three times in a row during the 1st week, but the only risky pick was Minnen over Vickery in the second round. Ostapenko and Zheng came very close to losing their third round matches but always were going to determine the outcome themselves.

by lukeorion Congrats everyone!

Thanks to those who ran everything!

Feels good to win again after a 5+ hiatus of winning ha

by Verbalvolleys Congrats Winners !

Special Congrats to the first time winners. Welcome to the Club.

Put your feet up and enjoy the finals weekend.

by patmanmo I can remember beating the men’s draw in the 2008 French Open (or was it 2007? Hard to be precise when Rafa wins them all) and then winning the tiebreaker to get a free Roland Garros watch from Jon Wertheim. It was early in my SP days and I was thinking this game was so easy. And since then I have been in a drought… until now. It didn’t bode well when I lost my ATP pick in the first round… but somehow I made it through.

The lesson here, as always, is- NOBODY beats me at the SP 63 Slams in a row!

by ptmcmahon Of course not... we always beat ourselves :D

by Jason11E Late to the game but thanks!!