NFL Challenge.jpg
Because this is the first week, the links for some functions give a N/A result. Don´t mind those.

Full scores:
contests/NFL_Challenge.htm
-->
by ponchi101 After one week, a familiar face is on the lead ;)
NFL Challenge.jpg
Because this is the first week, the links for some functions give a N/A result. Don´t mind those.

Full scores:
contests/NFL_Challenge.htm

by ptmcmahon Man I hate week one :)

In my family pick against spread league I was 5-11... last by 4 wins there!

by ponchi101 The Cincy loss was dreadful. We all had it pretty high (I had it as my 16 pick).

by ptmcmahon In my survivor pool it was the most common pick. Luckily I had Buffalo there, but even that was dicey for a bit.

by ponchi101 Dear all.
I will be returning to work on Tuesday, meaning I will be busy. Because I will be traveling a lot, I will start the WEEK 3 and WEEK 4 picks topics (the schedule is easily available) today. You can of course start filling in those picks as you wish.
I may be a bit late in posting results this week and next.
And, because I am doing this so early, the lists will not have the current record for the teams. I will update if possible.
Txs.

NFL_Challenge.jpg
Link for full scores above.

REMEMBER. FOR WEEK 3, THE TOPIC HAS BEEN STARTED ALREADY. But they are not in order now. -->
by ponchi101 With the Philly loss, only Omess got the 16 points game correct.
Most likely, several of us already scored our lowest points week:
NFL_Challenge.jpg
Link for full scores above.

REMEMBER. FOR WEEK 3, THE TOPIC HAS BEEN STARTED ALREADY. But they are not in order now.

by ptmcmahon Yeah, you can probably just cut week 2 totally! It can't get worse can it? (Unless someone misses a week.)

In my family pick against the spread league I'm now 10-22.

NFL_Challenge.jpg
Let's see how well we do for week 4. I will not hold my breath.
(Full scores at the link on top) -->
by ponchi101 Well, we were so sure that we could cut week 2 out because our scores were so lousy, right?
On week 3, only two players did better than in week 2. The Bengals did us again, with that putrid game, not to mention a lot of other bad games we picked wrong. Only Omess (new leader) and Fastbackss (tied for 3rd) did better than for week 2:
NFL_Challenge.jpg
Let's see how well we do for week 4. I will not hold my breath.
(Full scores at the link on top)

by ptmcmahon My survivor pool ($2200 prize this year) is already down to 7 of 90 entrants.

by New England Nitemare
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:59 pm My survivor pool ($2200 prize this year) is already down to 7 of 90 entrants.
My survivor pool started with 240 entries, now down to 14. I have one entry left, started with 6. Out of the 14 left, one person has three picks, and no one else has more than one. I've been doing this pool since 2010, and I can't ever remember this pool being cut down like this in three weeks.....CRAZY!!!

by ponchi101 Four weeks.
My four 16 points games I have missed. I mean, how bad can I be at this game?

NFL Challenge.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Weekly scores.
Comments later (after I get to fathom why I am so bad at this).
NFL Challenge.jpg

by ptmcmahon No one is really doing especially good this year :) It's been a harder than usual season to pick, not that it's ever super easy!

NFL Challenge.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 I can't upload the updated excel sheet, so you guys have to trust me on this.
Scores for week 5 were a bit better, with Patrick and Wolfy scoring the top scores and being on top.
NFL Challenge.jpg

by Fastbackss I intentionally picked against the Lions today. I figured they would win coming off a bye - but I didn't want to feel bad like I jinxed them.

Doesn't get better than this - a win and Cowboys getting thumped. I will take my loss of 5 points with a huge grin

by ponchi101 Cowboys getting thumped at home. That was fun.
I think Prescott is a fine QB. He can play. But when will NFL owners, all of them billionaires, understand that paying these salaries is absurd? Prescott is good, but not $250 MM good.
As neither is Watson or Lawrence. They have to structure salaries based on performance. Otherwise, regression to the mean will always bite you.

by Fastbackss It's the elimination of the middle class - same as we are seeing in the other sports in the US.

This one is exacerbated by the salary cap structure which is why QB on rookie deal is so valuable. Not everyone is Brady or Mahomes and can carry team regardless of how few receiving assets.

by ptmcmahon It depends really on if that money could have spent elsewhere really. They don't mind dropping the $250 million.

In Dallas's case apparently it prevented them from chasing after Derrick Henry. Now that is when spending so much on one player will come back to bite you hard.

by ponchi101 Was Kobe Bryant a better player than Tim Duncan? Yes. He was.
But they both have five rings because Tim negotiated his contracts to make sure he could keep Manu and Tony, while Kobe never negotiated to keep Pau or anybody else.
Agree with you.

by Omegadoom Do you get any bonus points, like in the Predictions contest, if you get a perfect score for a week?

by ponchi101
Omegadoom wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:47 am Do you get any bonus points, like in the Predictions contest, if you get a perfect score for a week?
Anybody except you!!! ;)
You are very close to that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

NFL Challenge.jpg
I believe that is the first time anybody has done, ever, and it is therefore the highest score ever. Congrats, Omegadoom, for that magnificent crystal ball of your! : :clap:
Patrick and Wolfy are tied at the top, with Omega on third place, just four meager points behind.
Let's see if the league remains predictable this week too.

ps: I am unable to FTP the full excel sheet up to the server. So, please check your scores individually and let me know if you see any errors. -->
by ponchi101 High scoring week and somebody (ahem) scored a perfect 133 points, the maximum possible score with 14 games being played:
NFL Challenge.jpg
I believe that is the first time anybody has done, ever, and it is therefore the highest score ever. Congrats, Omegadoom, for that magnificent crystal ball of your! : :clap:
Patrick and Wolfy are tied at the top, with Omega on third place, just four meager points behind.
Let's see if the league remains predictable this week too.

ps: I am unable to FTP the full excel sheet up to the server. So, please check your scores individually and let me know if you see any errors.