by Togtdyalttai While this isn't 2020 anymore (thankfully!) this is still the 2020 TAT NFL Challenge. Here's the place to talk about it.

by Togtdyalttai Shtexas had the highest score outside of week 2 with 127 in week 17, and cut ponchi101's lead to 17 points going into the playoffs.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 About the scoring:
So, as we can lose points from game we called incorrectly, we can even end up losing points for the week? This weekend, for example, if somebody picks ALL six games wrong, s/he can lose 105 points. Correct?
Also: with the SB worth 90 points, a lot of people will be in the run. I recommend that that last pick (and maybe even conference finals) be sent via PM. After all, if somebody is ahead by 45 points the temptation to simply pick the same team as the #2 player will be considerable.

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:18 pm About the scoring:
So, as we can lose points from game we called incorrectly, we can even end up losing points for the week? This weekend, for example, if somebody picks ALL six games wrong, s/he can lose 105 points. Correct?
Also: with the SB worth 90 points, a lot of people will be in the run. I recommend that that last pick (and maybe even conference finals) be sent via PM. After all, if somebody is ahead by 45 points the temptation to simply pick the same team as the #2 player will be considerable.
Yes, and sounds good about sending the pick via PM.

If nothing else, this will surely make the playoffs more interesting.

by ponchi101 And I thought a 17 points lead after the regular season would be good enough :cry:

by Fastbackss Ten people lose points with Seattle,,,

by ponchi101
Fastbackss wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 am Ten people lose points with Seattle,,,
Sure. But you are at home against a QB with a broken thumb, or another guy that nobody had heard of until last week. They were the pick.
I know the Rams defense is good, but this is one true upset.
Then again, the Colts lost because of one missed FG, and one greedy decision by the coach. The games seem to be fun (down here, the local programming is so off my grid say they are showing BAL/TEN. And they are showing Argie football, of course).

by JazzNU These teams are killing me. Alex Smith supposed to be active, every report was that he'd be the startet, then ruled inactive a few hours after everything locks. Jared Goff wasn't supposed to play, strictly a backup and they made that even seem unlikely cause he's got like screws in his thumbs or something because he just had surgery. Played nearly the entire game after the scary injury.

I'm down points for sure, but there barely a way not to be. The Washington pick was a long shot even with Alex, so no big loss. But at this rate, I'm expecting Kevin Stefanski to be on the field coaching tomorrow.

by Fastbackss Day 1 results
Name, score, remaining points available

New England, 40, 35
Omess, 40, 45
Shtexas, 35, 40
Patrick, 35, 50
Ponchi, 35, 50
Fastbackss, 30, 65
Togt, 30, 55
JTC, 10, 45
Jazz, 0, 45
Ptc, -15, 50

*edited shtexas score because math is tough, mmmkay?

by ponchi101 Shtexas has 35 points accrued, with 40 left indeed.

by ptmcmahon The Rams have been impossible to pick all year. Oh well good to see I’m still in regular season form!

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:37 am The Rams have been impossible to pick all year. Oh well good to see I’m still in regular season form!
Indeed. That loss to the Jets, then they cream somebody else.
I felt it was going to be a close game because Pete Carroll is bent on running the ball as opposed to letting Russell throw, but that was a pretty lame effort. And although they won 6 of their last 7, they were not looking good. The moment Russell dropped his level, it was really noticeable.

by Fastbackss Day 2
Name, score, remaining points available (we all picked Pittsburgh)

New England, 35, 20
Omess, 60, 15
Shtexas, 65, 10
Patrick, 55, 30
Ponchi, 45, 30
Fastbackss, 70, 25
Togt, 55, 20
JTC, 25, 30
Jazz, 5, 20
Ptc, 0, 15

Top 4 going into this weekend
Ponchi - 1510
Shtexas 1493
NE Ni 1476
Togt 1462

If Pittsburgh wins the gap between our top two will remain the same but if Pittsburgh blows it - we'll have a new leader!

by ponchi101
Fastbackss wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:37 am Day 2

If Pittsburgh wins the gap between our top two will remain the same but if Pittsburgh blows it - we'll have a new leader!
And this jinx is courtesy of...? :evil:

by JazzNU I guess we're getting a new leader. Browns fans are going to be particularly insufferable if they win tonight. Even worse than they've been the last few months and all last season, which is saying something.

by ponchi101 (Ok, P. DO NOT BAN FastbackSS. I know you can, but do not ban him. He didn't mean it. Don't ban him.
Let Tog do it... :evil: )

by Fastbackss I am masquerading as Suliso!

Anywho - good idea to come up with this new point scheme for the playoffs.

In the US, the channel changes based on the game. Saints game finished and the news show 60 Minutes was on after it. I watched it, due to my ever advancing age, and imagine my surprise when I put on the Steelers game 14 minutes into it!

by ponchi101
Fastbackss wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:15 am I am masquerading as Suliso!

Anywho - good idea to come up with this new point scheme for the playoffs.

In the US, the channel changes based on the game. Saints game finished and the news show 60 Minutes was on after it. I watched it, due to my ever advancing age, and imagine my surprise when I put on the Steelers game 14 minutes into it!
I feel exactly the same :cry:

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 am (Ok, P. DO NOT BAN FastbackSS. I know you can, but do not ban him. He didn't mean it. Don't ban him.
Let Tog do it... :evil: )
Hmm, Ponchi asks for a ban...Congratulations, FastbackSS, you're our newest moderator!

by Omess We all picked Seattle & Pittsburg:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Fastbackss I am in another pool that doesn't use confidence.

All but 1 person picked Seattle. Similarly all but 1 picked Pittsburgh. So they use points in the last game to determine it. Cleveland (by itself) scored more than the number they each picked!

Also - I am not qualified to be a moderator. No way I can pen a post as articulate as Ponchi!

by ponchi101 Oh, yeah, try to fix it NOW! :D :twisted:
Nah, I did change my pick's value around Friday, after the entire Covid-and-no-coach-available news. And we all picked them, and the Browns played a very good game, but you take away that initial mess in the first play and the Steelers would have won.
And I had Seattle at a lowly 15. Plus I got cure with TEN.
It has been my curse in this contest every year: one lousy week in which I go brain dead and like all my picks lose. And for some reason, this is one contest I would like to win.
I guess I will be picking the underdog in the SB. We are all within range with the 90 points loot there. It can mean a 180 points shift (those that win get 90, those that lose are minus 90).

by shtexas
JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 am I guess we're getting a new leader. Browns fans are going to be particularly insufferable if they win tonight. Even worse than they've been the last few months and all last season, which is saying something.
Well, considering how much Cleveland fans have suffered...

by Togtdyalttai After a fairly wild (nah, we didn't quite make it to Super Wild) week, shtexas is our new leader. He had the weekly high with 55, 40 more than former leader (but still site leader!) ponchi101. Three contestants scored negative points for the week.

Scoreboard

P.S. Thank you all for making the transition to TAT2!

by ptmcmahon
shtexas wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm
JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 am I guess we're getting a new leader. Browns fans are going to be particularly insufferable if they win tonight. Even worse than they've been the last few months and all last season, which is saying something.
Well, considering how much Cleveland fans have suffered...
This was same thing I thought..one playoff win and they are already insufferable? I'm in Patriots "country"... the last 2 decades have been insufferable! Although I prefer it to before when they were terrible and back then often that would be the only game I'd get to see in some time slots.

by ponchi101 It is 2021 but this is the 2020-21 NFL season. So to keep in par with the year, the world has gone through all this... and the Browns routed the Steelers in a playoff game.
Even if you are not a Browns fan (and I am obviously not one) this is good news. The people there can use a break.
Now let's start hoping they win the Super Bowl. It would be such a change.

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:09 pm It is 2021 but this is the 2020-21 NFL season. So to keep in par with the year, the world has gone through all this... and the Browns routed the Steelers in a playoff game.
Even if you are not a Browns fan (and I am obviously not one) this is good news. The people there can use a break.
Now let's start hoping they win the Super Bowl. It would be such a change.
I'll be rooting for them, but they'll be lucky to be within two touchdowns this Sunday.

by ponchi101 If they score first, and Chubb and Hunt can run the ball so that the Chiefs cannot score at will, maybe... Nah, you are right. Who am I kidding?

by ponchi101 This contest could basically end today.
We all have KC, which was one of the two unanimous choices. But Shtexas has TB, and I have NO. Whoever gets that one correct, and still assuming KC wins, will get 150 points, as he would collect the bonus 30. And if it is Sh, he basically wraps the contest because that would mean 56 points of difference PLUS what he already has.
It will boil to almost one single game.

by Togtdyalttai Going into the final three games, things are looking pretty bleak for those of us not named shtexas. There's still a chance, but it will be tough after shtexas got a perfect score along with the 30 bonus points for the Divisional week. New England Nitemare has taken over second place after also posting a perfect score for the week, though he still sits 57 points behind shtexas.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 For reasons I can't explain, this is one contest I really want to win in TATX.0
And I guess I won't.
Finished the regular season as #1, and I guess the playoffs are not meant for me.

by Togtdyalttai We had three negative scores out of eight contestants in the Championship round. Patrick was the only one to correctly pick both games, and that brought him within 2 points of shtexas's lead. There remain 6 contestants with a chance at winning the contest going in to the Super Bowl.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 And to believe that I led this contest throughout the regular season :cry: :cry: :cry:
Will we submit our picks for the SB via PM? Otherwise, we know that the second place must pick the opposite to the first place to win.

by Togtdyalttai New England Nitemare has won the 2020 TAT NFL Challenge! He was one of only two to pick the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl, and that brought him into the winners' circle. You can discern others' picks from the final scoreboard.

Scoreboard

by shtexas
Togtdyalttai wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 am New England Nitemare has won the 2020 TAT NFL Challenge! He was one of only two to pick the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl, and that brought him into the winners' circle. You can discern others' picks from the final scoreboard.

Scoreboard
Congratulations New England Nitemare. Great pick!

by ponchi101 Congrats to the Nitemare!
I will let Tog award his Trophy. Great pick!

by JazzNU Awesome! This was a tough year to know what was going on week to week. Congrats Nitemare!

by New England Nitemare Thanks!!! it definitely was tough picking this season!! I went with my heart with that pick and it payed off!!!

by Omess Started well then it went down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

by patrick I actually did make a Super Bowl and it was Tampa Bay. Submitting twice in private messaging needs to be resolved as it cost me the TAT NFL Challenge.

by ponchi101 I will let TOG take care of this but, just to be clear: you sent TOG a PM with your pick, and you did so twice. Is that correct?

by patrick Once

by Togtdyalttai
patrick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am I actually did make a Super Bowl and it was Tampa Bay. Submitting twice in private messaging needs to be resolved as it cost me the TAT NFL Challenge.
I'm really sorry about this but I'm not sure what to do. I never got the message. I absolutely believe you that you tried to send it.

by Fastbackss Do you have the box clicked to save a copy of message?

by ponchi101 The default mode is that after you press SUBMIT, the message moves to the OUTBOX folder. When the recipient reads it, it moves to the SENT folder.
You have a maximum of 50 messages in any of the folders (INBOX, OUTBOX, SENT).

by ponchi101 Will we be playing the Challenge this year?

by Fastbackss Let there be blood!