'22 Wimbledon Day 4 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Suliso Latvia

Re: '22 Wimbledon Day 4 OoP & Discussion

Post by Suliso »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:34 am Well, Kvitova survives and will play Badosa, who won 2 and 2. Says she's feeling good here.
I think I'll take Badosa in that one. Would prefer Kvitova, though...
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Btw we might be overlooking Qinwen Zheng for no good reason.
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Looking forward to a few women's matches today(Andreescu, Anisimova, and Gauff). The Coco match unfortunately I will be out on the court practicing myself. I need to have a discussing with my coach on these times for practice messing with my time to watch Coco play her match. :lol:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:21 pm Looking forward to a few women's matches today(Andreescu, Anisimova, and Gauff). The Coco match unfortunately I will be out on the court practicing myself. I need to have a discussing with my coach on these times for practice messing with my time to watch Coco play her match. :lol:
Tell him you need to scout her matches for that 2025 showdown on Centre Court that Nelslus has penciled for you.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:28 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:21 pm Looking forward to a few women's matches today(Andreescu, Anisimova, and Gauff). The Coco match unfortunately I will be out on the court practicing myself. I need to have a discussing with my coach on these times for practice messing with my time to watch Coco play her match. :lol:
Tell him you need to scout her matches for that 2025 showdown on Centre Court that Nelslus has penciled for you.
I will tell him that. :lol: He will laugh and then quickly tell me to get my butt on the court. :lol:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I would say it is clear that the players will only test AND reveal they have C19 is they have symptoms that include feeling so bad they can't play. That is the pattern for the three that have tested positive AND withdrawn (because we don't know if anybody has tested positive and is keeping it quiet).
Also. A very small sample, and this could perfectly well be random, but so far, only men have come down with it. Time to disinfect that locker room?

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:31 pm I would say it is clear that the players will only test AND reveal they have C19 is they have symptoms that include feeling so bad they can't play. That is the pattern for the three that have tested positive AND withdrawn (because we don't know if anybody has tested positive and is keeping it quiet).
Also. A very small sample, and this could perfectly well be random, but so far, only men have come down with it. Time to disinfect that locker room?
I sure hope they are disinfecting the locker rooms every few hours. I would think they are.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Disinfecting doesn't help. What does help is getting a good ventilation.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

By now, I would be cleaning that thing every few hours, like Cuckoo says, but with mustard gas. At night one steady dose of chlorine gas.
And again, if I were any player, I would not go in there. I would change in my hotel, come to play already set to play, and go back and shower there.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

I would hope a place like Wimbledon has a good ventilation system.

I really wonder how many players actually do that? I would think they have hotels that are pretty close to Wimbledon where they stay.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm I would hope a place like Wimbledon has a good ventilation system.

I really wonder how many players actually do that? I would think they have hotels that are pretty close to Wimbledon where they stay.
I imagine you've seen more locker rooms than most here despite the young age. Do they usually have a good ventilation? Is there a window one could open at least?

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:52 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm I would hope a place like Wimbledon has a good ventilation system.

I imagine you've seen more locker rooms than most here despite the young age. Do they usually have a good ventilation? Is there a window one could open at least?
I know I haven't seen a locker room probably the quality of the ones at Wimbledon, French Open, US Open or Aussie Open that is for sure. The girls locker room at my school is probably a slight upgrade to what they have in a prison :lol: although I have never seen a prison locker room or shower room.

At the tennis club that I mostly play at the locker room is pretty nice but no windows. It is a typical looking locker room with benches in front of the lockers and individual sinks and toilets and the showers are each individual showers not like the ones at my school which is a huge shower room where they make all of us shower together after Physical Education class.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The Wimbledon locker rooms are renowned for spaciousness and luxury. But still, there has to be a limit to how much space there is there. You have to cram 128 singles players plus the extra doubles' players that do not make the singles' draw. No way there is not a lot of close contact there.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

That would have to be a huge amount of space. I bet it is really nice but as nice as it is with players coming down with Covid if I was a player I wouldn't be spending extra time in there for the heck of it.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

More small details on the quality of the play of Mugu at the moment. Minnen just lost 4&1 to Q. Zheng, meaning Mugu is still in the run for the Wooden spoon (which is just a fun idea, and truly not meaningful about her tennis).
But it is not that she lost to somebody that was playing quality tennis. There has got to be something else going on with her.