Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

I have said it before. For the GOP, the END (whichever end this may lead to) justifies ANY means.
And then they claim that the other party eats babies. While they freeze people.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

What's their dream end I wonder.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

George Santos Admits to Lying About College and Work History
The congressman-elect told The New York Post that he had not graduated from college or worked at two major Wall Street companies, as he had previously claimed.

By Michael Gold and Grace Ashford
Dec. 26, 2022, 6:48 p.m. ET
Representative-elect George Santos admitted on Monday to misleading voters about his professional experience and educational history, confirming some of the key findings of a New York Times investigation that found he likely misrepresented his background to voters.

Mr. Santos, a Republican who was elected in November to represent parts of northern Long Island and northeast Queens, ended a week of near silence, giving interviews to two conservative-owned media outlets, The New York Post and WABC-AM radio.

Mr. Santos told The Post that even though he now admits to embellishing his résumé, it would not stop him from taking office.

“I am not a criminal,” Mr. Santos told The Post, adding he would still be an effective legislator. He told WABC radio that he still intended to be sworn in at the start of the next Congress.

Mr. Santos, through representatives, has declined multiple requests to speak with The Times or to directly address the questions raised by its reporting.

Over the course of his campaigns, Mr. Santos claimed to have graduated from Baruch College in 2010 before working at Citigroup and, eventually, Goldman Sachs. But representatives from the college and both companies said they could not locate records to confirm his graduation or employment.

In Monday’s interview, Mr. Santos admitted to The Post that he had not graduated from Baruch, nor had he graduated “from any institution of higher learning.”

Mr. Santos also said that he never worked directly for Goldman Sachs or Citigroup, even though he said in campaign biographies that he had worked directly for both companies, as he made his case to voters that he was a seasoned investor and financial professional.

Instead, he said, he dealt with both firms through his work at another company, LinkBridge Investors, which connects investors with potential clients.

Mr. Santos told The Post that LinkBridge had “limited partnerships” with the two Wall Street companies.

The Times was able to confirm Mr. Santos’s employment at LinkBridge. But in a version of his campaign biography posted as recently as April, Mr. Santos suggested that he had started his career on Wall Street at Citigroup and that he was at Goldman Sachs briefly before his time at LinkBridge.

Representatives for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/26/nyre ... rview.html
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

"I never lied. I simply said a collection of falsehoods that were misleading to get the vote, but I never uttered a lie in my campaign. And I am not lying now, I am only moving my lips while pushing air out".
You know what? This is actually hilarious. That this guy was voted in is evidence one that most voters have no idea of what they are doing when they vote.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Apparently Tulsi Gabbard took "George Santos" apart on Fox last night. Since I won't click on anything to do with Fox (the troll problem on Twitter is already bad enough as it is) here's a reminder of who she is.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Today on "George Santos" watch:

p1/

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

"George Santos" continued P2/

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

"George Santos" P3/3

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I'd really enjoy the irony if a gay republican took the GOP down accidentally.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:57 pm I'd really enjoy the irony if a gay republican took the GOP down accidentally.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

You didn't think people were done with "George Santos" did you?

Michelangelo Signorile @MSignorile
And a clarification: I meant here that some speculate Santos' married the woman -- who was from Brazil -- to get *her* citizenship (and that he is US citizen). It's something he also promised another boyfriend that same year, '12, according to a Jewish Insider reporter.