by ponchi101 So, a lot of teams registered, and some are already reaping results. Expected, as play has started and somebody had to lose, right? ;)
I have entered all picks HERE.
Please check yours, to make sure I got them right. Everybody has her/his own sheet, so you will be able to see how you progress. Or how you fail. Or how it is going. This reverse-goal contest leads to this sort of double talk.
The SUMMARY sheet, right now, shows everybody with a perfect score of 20, as no results have been input. Also, it shows that nobody has any picks left. Don't mind those figures, they will update only by the end of the round.
Let me know if you see any issues you think might need fixing.
Txs

by ponchi101 As per this post, we know that L. Davis (WTA) is out and has been replaced by LL Gasanova. She was picked in the YCWJ teams, so those teams get Gasanova now.
I really don't think it means that much of a change. I mean, you were picking a loser, and now you simply are getting a different, lucky one.

by shmrck14 Do I get Giannessi who is a LL in place of my pick Tabilo who was a late withdrawl?

by ponchi101
shmrck14 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:12 am Do I get Giannessi who is a LL in place of my pick Tabilo who was a late withdrawl?
No. But now you do.
Txs for letting me know.

by Liamvalid Had a lousy first day. Hopefully one of my picks will get the wooden spoon as a consolation prize for me as I’ve no chance of winning this!

by ponchi101 You are still very much in the running in this one. Indeed, you made a good job at picking losers, so far ;)

by Irena2
ponchi101 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:59 pm So, a lot of teams registered, and some are already reaping results. Expected, as play has started and somebody had to lose, right? ;)
I have entered all picks HERE.
Please check yours, to make sure I got them right. Everybody has her/his own sheet, so you will be able to see how you progress. Or how you fail. Or how it is going. This reverse-goal contest leads to this sort of double talk.
The SUMMARY sheet, right now, shows everybody with a perfect score of 20, as no results have been input. Also, it shows that nobody has any picks left. Don't mind those figures, they will update only by the end of the round.
Let me know if you see any issues you think might need fixing.
Txs
My no. 4 men's pick, Quentin Halys, is listed by his first name instead of Halys. Thanks!

YCWJ.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Two matches are left in the first round, none involving chosen players for this contest.
You may want Tog to come back and run this contest because, on my first watch, no contestant scored the precious perfect 20. Our first round leader is JeffFromTx, with 19 points. Ktothem1is close with 18 points, and then Vexchaps (17). Several players are close by.
At the low end of the spectrum, Cainim's BH scored a round low 4. Surprisingly, his only hit was predicting Barry's upset of Krecjikova.

Please go to the link and check your scores.

Here is a summary:
YCWJ.jpg

by CyborgShoes Howdy, pretty sure that Liamvalid was erroneously given my picks instead of his, not that mine have been terribly enviable so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by ponchi101
CyborgShoes wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 pm Howdy, pretty sure that Liamvalid was erroneously given my picks instead of his, not that mine have been terribly enviable so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Cyborg. You were correct.
Please, I have updated the sheets but, if I made one mistake, I can certainly have made others. Please check your tab and let me know if I have transposed some other picks.
I will post the updated/real list below.

ycwj.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
ycwj.jpg

by ponchi101 The second round is over, and JeffFromTX had, again, the high score. He is looking good to win this contest as he has opened a three point lead, and also has the most picks left available. Ktothem1, Vexchaps and Tog remain close by.
Cainim's BackHand has secured the wooden spoon of the Wooden spoon contest, as his pick of Krecjikova in round 1 led him to having Parry in round 2. And she simply refuses to lose. He finishes the contest with 4 points.
As before, you can check your scores here.
I will post a capture of the current scores in the next post.

YCWJ.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
YCWJ.jpg

by Federex Um I think Bouzkova and Kaninila both lost in the 2nd round? So some results and scores seem not correct

by ponchi101
Federex wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:25 pm Um I think Bouzkova and Kaninila both lost in the 2nd round? So some results and scores seem not correct
Mostly, your score. You had them both indeed and they lost.
As I have started already to tab the results for today (and who knows what mistakes I will make), I will ask for leniency and will post the updated numbers tomorrow, when R3 will be over.
Please, everybody, check your scores (as Federex did) because there are a lot of data to input (one for each match) and I do make mistakes.
Txs for noticing, Federex.
(I gather we DO need Tog back, running this :) )

by Federex No worries, Given there are so many mistakes, some mistakes will happen.
Doesn't affect too much on the scoreboard as my picks are likely to win on 3 rounds. ..

by ponchi101 We have finished round three of YCWJ.
JeffFromTX remains in the lead, and not only that, he has 5 players still losing on his behalf. He is in an excellent position to get that wooden spoon.
Please, check your scores because, as Federex discovered, I am not able to assure you I don't make mistakes.
The totals table is below. To check your scores, go here

ycwj.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
ycwj.jpg

by dave g Wow1 I see that I managed to get out of the bottom half! ;)

by ponchi101 And you are in pretty good shape. You have 4 picks. You could be in contention if Jeff stumbles a bit.

by ponchi101 The 4th round is over.
Most players now are out of picks, so thanks for joining. Hope you will join for the Wimby one.
Leaders: JeffFromTX still remains in the front, with a very good 50 points. But things have changed a bit. Tog is in second, with 46 points, but he has 3 picks left versus jeff's two. They both have Stephens in the women, with Jeff having her as #1, but Tog has her as #2. Where it gets interesting is that Jeff has Nadal as #4, but Tog has Cilic as #1 and Ruud as #2. This may be decided by a bonus point and somebody picking the actual wooden spoon.
Check you picks here.

ycwj.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
ycwj.jpg

by dave g That is a impressive performance by Tog. Getting 10 points in the fourth round is difficult.

by ponchi101 Tog's great push came to an end today as both his "hope you die" picks refused to go down. Both him and JeffFromTx now have only one pick left, but it is the same, and Jeff has it as his #1 WTA pick, and Tog has it as his #2 (Gauff).
A third player, TexasNiteOwl, also has one pick left, but it is, once again, the same player, and TNO is 20 points behind Jeff, so even with a bonus he will not catch him up.
Sole players that can cash on a bonus are Cyborgshoes (riding Zverev to the semis), and Liamvalid (ditto), but they are too far behind to catch up Jeff.
So, although the contest is basically over, I will not declare a winner until final points are set.
Still, in the crazy world of tennis in which we live in, it is a superb accomplishment to have reached 20 points, so those that did it, I will not hand over a wooden spoon, but you should get a toothpick. It is tough to predict this contest.
Scores are here

ycwj.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
ycwj.jpg

by ponchi101 With the semis over:
Only one person has one pick left, and that is Cyborgshoes. Alas, he has Nadal, so it seems the odds are stacked against him. Still, even if Rudd wins, he has him at his #2 spot, and he is too far back to catch JeffFromTX. Basically, the contest is over.
However, since we won't know the real Wooden Spoons until the weekend, we will wait for those before declaring our winner.
Picks and results HERE

ycwj.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
ycwj.jpg

by ponchi101 With the final over, this contest is over too.
The winner for our 2022 RG YCWJ is:
JEFFFROMTX :clap: :clap: :clap: Jeff started strong, and when he got the lead it was basically over.
Nobody was able to predict the wooden spoons in the tournament. For the women, the wooden spoon was Clara Burel, who followed this link of "losers":
Burel-Sakkari-Muchova-Anisimova-Fernandez-Trevisan-Gauff-Swiatek
For the men, it was Maxime Cressy:
Cressy-Bashilashvili-McDonald-Sinner-Rublev-Cilic-Rudd-Nadal

Jeff, your "spoon" will be awarded as soon as I press submit. CONGRATS!!!!

by dave g Congratulations to JeffFromTx on your win. You had to most points in almost every round, that is a diffucult thing to manage. Again, congratulations.

by Irena2 :yahoo: Congrats JeffFromTX! Well done!

by Jeff from TX Woohoo! Thanks! And a special thanks to Ponchi and all the volunteers who make our contests work!

by Omegadoom Congrats to Jeff from TX! Well played!

Many thanks to Tog and Ponchi for running this contest.