1. Juan Sebastian Cabal / Robert Farah v Nuno Borges / Francisco Cabral
Not Before: 12:30pm
2. Alastair Gray / Ryan Peniston leads Joran Vliegen / Jackson Withrow
3. Anett Kontaveit / Shelby Rogers v Barbora Krejcikova / Katerina Siniakova
4. Robert Farah / Jelena Ostapenko v Ben McLachlan / Hao-Ching Chan

COURT 7 - 11:00AM

1. Nicolas Mahut / Edouard Roger-Vasselin v Hans Hach Verdugo / Philipp Oswald
2. Mackenzie McDonald / Botic Van De Zandschulp leads John Peers / Filip Polasek

COURT 8 - 11:00AM

1. Alicia Barnett / Olivia Nicholls v Nadiia Kichenok / Raluca Olaru
2. Kamil Majchrzak / Jan Zielinski leads Laslo Djere / Dusan Lajovic
3. Lukasz Kubot / Szymon Walkow v Ivan Dodig / Austin Krajicek

COURT 14 - 11:00AM

1. Gabriela Dabrowski / Giuliana Olmos v Marta Kostyuk / Tereza Martincova
2. Aljaz Bedene / Soonwoo Kwon leads Diego Hidalgo / Cristian Rodriguez
3. Mate Pavic / Sania Mirza v David Vega Hernandez / Natela Dzalamidze
4. Rafael Matos / Lyudmyla Kichenok v Bruno Soares / Beatriz Haddad Maia

COURT 15 - 11:00AM

1. Shuko Aoyama / Hao-Ching Chan v Naiktha Bains / Maia Lumsden
2. William Blumberg / Casper Ruud leads Nicolas Barrientos / Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela

COURT 16 - 11:00AM

1. Aleksandr Nedovyesov / Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi v Rafael Matos / David Vega Hernandez
2. Dennis Novak leads Jason Kubler
3. Maximo Gonzalez / Kaitlyn Christian v Edouard Roger-Vasselin / Alize Cornet
4. Max Purcell / Storm Sanders v Filip Polasek / Andreja Klepac

COURT 17 - 11:00AM

1. Magdalena Frech / Beatriz Haddad Maia v Viktoria Kuzmova / Arantxa Rus
2. Elisabetta Cocciaretto / Viktoriya Tomova v Nicole Melichar-Martinez / Ellen Perez
3. Arthur Fery / Felix Gill v Kevin Krawietz / Andreas Mies
4. Matwe Middelkoop / Ellen Perez v Santiago Gonzalez / Zhaoxuan Yang

TO BE ARRANGED 1 -
Not Before: 5:00pm
1. Michael Venus / Alicja Rosolska v Jamie Murray / Venus Williams

The Committee, while adhering as closely as possible to the order of play given, is unable to guarantee that it will be maintained in its entirety.
This may result in matches being moved from one court to another. GERRY ARMSTRONG - REFEREE

by Deuce
ti-amie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:10 pm CENTRE COURT - 1:30PM

NO.3 COURT - 11:00AM

1. Irina-Camelia Begu v Jelena Ostapenko
2. Maxime Cressy leads Jack Sock
3. Tommy Paul v Jiri Vesely
4. Shuai Zhang v Caroline Garcia
^ I was (pleasantly) surprised when I saw that, because I saw Sock go up 2 sets to love live. I was hoping that somehow, Cressy was ahead in the 5th set when they had to stop.
But that indication is incorrect - Sock indeed leads Cressy 2 sets to love, winning two 6-4 sets.

I want to see Parry vs. Jabeur...
Of course, Parry is just a kid - but people have been talking about her for a few years already. I liked what I saw from her at Roland Garros a few weeks ago - she has a very clean, nice looking game.

by Deuce Ostapenko sounds like she is vomiting rather violently when she serves.
:vomit:

by meganfernandez Basilashvili fired a first serve into the back fence. It was a beauty.

Then Rijthoven was serving at 3-3 in the third and managed to hold after double-faulting three times. He was up 2 sets and break, now back on serve, and you can tell he's feeling it. So close to the fourth round in his first major ever. That hold was huge. Basilishvili is giving him loads of help with a terrible attitude.

by jazzyg I always know I'm in for an easy day when I pick Basilashvili's opponent in any suicide pool and Basilashvili falls behind early.

Watched pretty much all of this match, and you're right, Megan, his attitude was terrible. He had a real chance to get back into it in the third set when van Rijthoven got nervous, but I'm not sure Basllashvili even wanted to play a fourth set at that point.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:35 am Basilashvili fired a first serve into the back fence. It was a beauty.

Then Rijthoven was serving at 3-3 in the third and managed to hold after double-faulting three times. He was up 2 sets and break, now back on serve, and you can tell he's feeling it. So close to the fourth round in his first major ever. That hold was huge. Basilishvili is giving him loads of help with a terrible attitude.
It is a good day when I wake up and see that my player that I picked van Rijthoven had already won. :freaking: :yahoo:

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:35 am Basilashvili fired a first serve into the back fence. It was a beauty.

It is a good day when I wake up and see that my player that I picked van Rijthoven had already won. :freaking: :yahoo:
Great way to start a holiday weekend! Hate sweating the pick all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:47 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:

Great way to start a holiday weekend! Hate sweating the pick all day.

It sure is. I will be watching tennis this holiday weekend and today and tomorrow I have practice but then Sunday and the 4th of July I am free from tennis practice and will just have some friends over and chill. It will be a blast.

by Suliso
Deuce wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:25 am I want to see Parry vs. Jabeur...
Of course, Parry is just a kid - but people have been talking about her for a few years already. I liked what I saw from her at Roland Garros a few weeks ago - she has a very clean, nice looking game.
That game is not working well against Jabeur. About to get bageled...

by ponchi101 Her game is not working well, but I really like it. Of course, a one handed BH will always make me look.
But it seems to me she lacks power in her strokes. The BH uncoils beautifully, and the slice is pretty, but they don't seem to travel fast. Still, somebody that seems to be easy to become a fan of. I may be buying that ticket soon.

by Cuckoo4Coco Jabeur is rolling right along.

Watson is also looking pretty darn good.

by ponchi101 No sooner I talk about Parry's lack of power, she unleashes a few devilish strokes. Maybe 1st set jitters, now gone?

by jazzyg Sock has a much better return of serve than Auger-Aliassime. After A-A never broke Cressy's serve, Sock broke it twice in a row when Cressy served for the fourth set and then nearly skunked him in the tiebreak to finish him off.

by Suliso Surprised that Watson is beating Juvan. I would have bet on the opposite.

by ponchi101 Lousy last three games from Parry. There is work to be done, but maybe somebody to put in some chips in in a couple of years. Anyway, the tour will be wide open to 100 players, and I can't see any terrible flaws on her game. Hope she climbs up a bit more.

by Cuckoo4Coco And Watson won and moves on. Tremendous tournament for her.

by ponchi101 Silly observation: is it the MARIA SAKKARI-TATIANA MARIA match, or is it a Tatiana-Maria-Sakkari match?
(I know, I have still not have breakfast)

by ponchi101 And, BTW, a very fun match. Tatiana is coming to the net all the time, making it a very contrasting match.

by Cuckoo4Coco Tati is doing awesome in this match and also just when you think Mertens is down and out she is holding her own against Kerber.

by ponchi101 Tatiana just CHIP'N CHARGED ON A BREAK POINT!!!!!!!!! Please, somebody, give this woman the trophy already! The 1984 trophy, because that was great, old style grass court tennis.

by meganfernandez This MerBer match is good. Kerber broke at 3-5 to stay in the first set, then dropped serve at love. Mertens survived two match points in her last round. She’s playing with a new lease on life now.

Kerber’s first-serve percentage is way too low - 48.%

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:52 pm This MerBer match is good. Kerber broke at 3-5 to stay in the match, then dropped serve at love. Mertens survived two match points in her last round. She’s playing with a new lease on life now.

Kerber’s first-serve percentage is way too low - 48.%

I love seeing that Mertens is playing a lot better.

Time to head out to the courts myself in a few and get my game on.

by Suliso Down goes Sakkari. I thought one more round, but otherwise entirely predictable.

by ponchi101 Tatiana Maria's slice forehand has got to be, by far, the filfthiest, dirtiest, most disgusting, perverted, sickest, ungodly, depraved stroke I have seen in a long time.
I want one!
It worked so well on grass. And her on-court interview was fantastic.

by Suliso Ostapenko vs Maria could be good.

by ponchi101 I would say Maria will attack Alona's second serve A LOT, because she did that against Sakkari, and it might pressure Alona into a few more DF's. Indeed, some upset potential there.

by ponchi101 Isner just passed Karlovic as the player with most aces ever on tour.
Seeing as almost all records will be in the hands of the big three, small ones like this one will be good to have.

by Suliso
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:08 pm I would say Maria will attack Alona's second serve A LOT, because she did that against Sakkari, and it might pressure Alona into a few more DF's. Indeed, some upset potential there.
She will, but how about Alona attacking her own serve?

by ponchi101 You mean Alona attacking her own serve (Alona's)? Because that is a total possibility.
And sure, Alona will attack Maria's second serve because Alona would even attack isner's second serve. it is in her DNA.

by ponchi101 Carlitos, future star (already star).
Otte hits a brilliant drop. Alcaraz gets to it, goes cross court. The line judge calls it out, Otte hits a wonderful shot around the post that lands in. In between the line judge call and Otte reaching, Layahni corrects the call, calls it in. Point to be played again.
Alcaraz conceded the point to Otte, because, you know, he is Carlos Alcaraz. :clap: :clap: :clap: So much to like about this guy.

by Suliso I hope it's Alcaraz vs Sinner in the next round. Could be fun.

by JazzNU Really great high quality grass court match between Zhang and Garcia. Caroline's serve and her volleying really came thru for her when she needed it the most and it put her over the edge, but a really great overall match from both.

by Cuckoo4Coco Not many surprises today maybe except for Mertens which I think she played back to the way she is capable of playing and just took the match from Kerber. Some really good tennis though today.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:35 pm Not many surprises today maybe except for Mertens which I think she played back to the way she is capable of playing and just took the match from Kerber. Some really good tennis though today.
Wozniacki called the match and said that Mertens has improved her serve. Was up to 114. Kerber didn't have her A game enough today.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:35 pm Not many surprises today maybe except for Mertens which I think she played back to the way she is capable of playing and just took the match from Kerber. Some really good tennis though today.
Wozniacki called the match and said that Mertens has improved her serve. Was up to 114. Kerber didn't have her A game enough today.
Mertens is playing well but it looks like her path is through Jabeur and she seems like she is playing fantastic and I think that is where it ends for Mertens.

On another note, I am watching Venus Williams right now in Mixed doubles and she still hits the heck out of the ball.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:27 pm
Mertens is playing well but it looks like her path is through Jabeur and she seems like she is playing fantastic and I think that is where it ends for Mertens.

On another note, I am watching Venus Williams right now in Mixed doubles and she still hits the heck out of the ball.
Yes, Jabeur-Mertens will be a totally different match. Wozniacki also mentioned that Kerber's lefty serve goes right into Mertens's backhand, which she loves.

Venus is 41 years old with an autoimmune disease! Isn't it crazy? She is amazing and truly loves to compete.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Yes, Jabeur-Mertens will be a totally different match. Wozniacki also mentioned that Kerber's lefty serve goes right into Mertens's backhand, which she loves.
Mertens will really have to step it up even more. I wouldn't be surprised if Jabeur makes it to the Finals. Hopefully against Gauff.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:32 pm

Mertens will really have to step it up even more. I wouldn't be surprised if Jabeur makes it to the Finals. Hopefully against Gauff.
Jabeur is my pick for the title, but I'm kind of covering my eyes with that one. I do think she can get to the final if she can handle the nerves. She's playing brilliantly and seems to believe.

by Suliso But could she deal with Ostapenko if the latter shows up with her A game?

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:34 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:32 pm

Jabeur is my pick for the title, but I'm kind of covering my eyes with that one. I do think she can get to the final if she can handle the nerves. She's playing brilliantly and seems to believe.
I originally picked Ostapenko coming out of that side and I am gonna stick with that but I am afraid Jabeur might take her down. I of course have Gauff winning the Title and in the SF beating Pegula.

by meganfernandez
Suliso wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:36 pm But could she deal with Ostapenko if the latter shows up with her A game?
Hard to say. Ostapenko can blast anyone off the court with her A game, but bringing it for 6 matches in a row is a big if. She hasn't done it that consistently more than a couple times.
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:32 pm Mertens will really have to step it up even more. I wouldn't be surprised if Jabeur makes it to the Finals. Hopefully against Gauff.
It will be very impressive if Pegula goes deep, what with her mom's recent cancer diagnosis.

by Suliso Gauff maybe, in Pegula's chances I really don't believe at all.

by Cuckoo4Coco In Pegula her mom's health has to be on her mind all the time and that has to be really hard on her. I don't know if tennis is something that helps her block that out for at least the little bit of time she is on the court.

With Pegula's chances I am banking on Iga losing to Cornet in the next match. That will be a huge help for her if that happens. Rybakina could also be another player that knocks her out before the SF hopefully against Gauff, but the way I figured it is a few things had to work out in her favor to make things a bit easier for her to reach the SF's.

by Suliso There are stronger players in that quarter even without Iga. In particular Krejcikova and Zheng.

by Cuckoo4Coco I think Rybakina poses a threat to Krejcikova and even though I do think Zheng would give Pegula a tough match I don't think she gets past her. I also think the way things have gone in the women's draw you can never count out the upsets so I think there will be more along the way.

by Suliso By the way Swiatek has reached the 2nd week in seven straight Slams. Let's see if Cornet can really end that mini streak.

by ponchi101 Aren't we forgetting that Iga is a very motivated player? I know, she is 21, and I did say that if Cornet beats her I will not be surprised, but Iga is not just a backhand. She has the drive.
If Iga wins, it can be in two. But if Cornet wins, it will be in three, and Iga in a third set is a tough out.

by Suliso Of course we're not forgetting that. Upset is not impossible, but Iga remains a strong pre match favorite.

by JTContinental Cornet has only made the 4th round here once, so I think it will be a tough task for her.

by Cuckoo4Coco When I looked at the draw when it came out and everyone was saying how Iga was going to cruise through to the Finals and win the title the Alize Cornet match was the first match that popped out to me on her road to the final that could be a stumbling block for her. The more I thought about it the more I just thought the veteran player who is pretty decent on grass could give Iga fits. I just don't know why and I am probably wrong with the prediction but I think there just might be an upset tomorrow.

by ponchi101 I say, if she passes Alize, she gets, probably, Barbora. And Kerjcikova is an adept net player (very good in doubles), with a slam under her belt, and in need of a good result to start her way back into the top 10, if she can make it.
That seems to me a tougher test. Anyway, tomorrow I will be glued watching that match (because I have always liked Alize).

by Cuckoo4Coco Looks like the Iga and Alize match is scheduled for 10 a.m. my time so I don't know if I will be able to see the entire match with heading out to my own practice at 11 a.m.

by jazzyg Rybakina has the game, but nowhere near the belief, to win a slam. I did not even have her making the third round, but she can beat anyone in the draw on a given day if she is plays at the top of her game. Her first serve may be the best on tour when she is confident.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:48 pm When I looked at the draw when it came out and everyone was saying how Iga was going to cruise through to the Finals and win the title the Alize Cornet match was the first match that popped out to me on her road to the final that could be a stumbling block for her. The more I thought about it the more I just thought the veteran player who is pretty decent on grass could give Iga fits. I just don't know why and I am probably wrong with the prediction but I think there just might be an upset tomorrow.
I love the conviction. And you could be right. It will be a good test to see where Iga is. Cornet can drive people crazy. But Iga seems to be ultra prepared and in total control these days.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:31 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:48 pm When I looked at the draw when it came out and everyone was saying how Iga was going to cruise through to the Finals and win the title the Alize Cornet match was the first match that popped out to me on her road to the final that could be a stumbling block for her. The more I thought about it the more I just thought the veteran player who is pretty decent on grass could give Iga fits. I just don't know why and I am probably wrong with the prediction but I think there just might be an upset tomorrow.
I love the conviction. And you could be right. It will be a good test to see where Iga is. Cornet can drive people crazy. But Iga seems to be ultra prepared and in total control these days.
I am excited to see some of the match and even when I am out of the court I will be asking my coach for updates which he probably won't give me but I can still bug him and ask. :lol:

by ti-amie I was really surprised to se Sakkari lose this round. I've Tatiana Maria play before and I wonder what she did to take Sakkari out of her game?

by meganfernandez
ti-amie wrote:I was really surprised to se Sakkari lose this round. I've Tatiana Maria play before and I wonder what she did to take Sakkari out of her game?
Someone mentioned that she was very aggressive on second serve returns. And chipped and charged. Wicked-dirty slice forehand.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:54 pm Aren't we forgetting that Iga is a very motivated player? I know, she is 21, and I did say that if Cornet beats her I will not be surprised, but Iga is not just a backhand. She has the drive.
If Iga wins, it can be in two. But if Cornet wins, it will be in three, and Iga in a third set is a tough out.
I did predict the upset, but I never said it was going to be a cake walk for Alize. I think the 1st set is a crucial one for Alize where she has to set the tone of the match and get under the skin on Iga. The 1st set may come down to a tie breaker or a 7-5 which is what I think is the really crucial part especially for Alize. If she wins either a tie breaker or 7-5 in the 1st set then the pressure really mounts on Iga. All that Alize has to do in the 2nd set is to continue to play her game and let Iga press and possibly end up making more mistakes. All it will take is 1 break of serve for Alize and she could be on her way to winning the match. I know that is a lot of "Ifs" and it is gonna be a very tough match, but I think it can be done.

by ponchi101
ti-amie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:31 pm I was really surprised to se Sakkari lose this round. I've Tatiana Maria play before and I wonder what she did to take Sakkari out of her game?
An excellent, tactical match. She gave Sakkari no pace, and as I said above, her slice/slap FH worked wonders. She was literally hitting forehands with a continental grip, exaggerating the spin. Then, again and again, she mixed her net approaches: coming behind chips, staying back and coming in as the ball was floating in. She served with a lot of angles, not going for speed but giving her some time to rush in (when serving and volleying).
On MP, she saw Sakkari standing a bit behind the baseline, and hit her 1000th slap FH, which landed inside the service box, forcing Sakkari to move in and try to hit an approach from a very low ball. Sakkari netted it.
It was ugly, strokes-wise, but brilliant tactically.

by ti-amie Thank you all for describing what happened to Sakkari.

by Deuce
Suliso wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:47 pm Surprised that Watson is beating Juvan. I would have bet on the opposite.
^ Me, too.
Watson is the definition of a journeyman (journeywoman?)... spending most of her time outside of the top 50 (currently #121)... A name most people know, but that's about all.

Now, for the first time that I can recall, she's on quite a little roll at a Major.

by ashkor87 meanwhile, let us pause to applaud the wonderful sportsmanship Alcaraz keeps displaying.. if you havent seen it, do, the Wimbledon.com site has the 1 minute highlight of it ... it is lovely and heart-warming to see.. am happy that Alcaraz is the future of tennis!

by Deuce
ashkor87 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:15 am meanwhile, let us pause to applaud the wonderful sportsmanship Alcaraz keeps displaying.. if you havent seen it, do, the Wimbledon.com site has the 1 minute highlight of it ... it is lovely and heart-warming to see.. am happy that Alcaraz is the future of tennis!
^ Indeed...